Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting run oracle query remotly with shell script Post 302347429 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 04:12:30 PM
Old 08-25-2009
Code:
sqlplus -s user/password@${ORACLE_SID} 'select query;'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

run shell script from oracle store procedure

hi, this is urgent..can i run a shell script from store procedure without using java. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnabb4u
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to query Oracle table

Hi, unix gurnis I need help for following requirement for writing a shell scritp. log in to oracle database, query one table total records (select count(*) from table1), pass the return value to a file. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect Oracle using shell script at run time

Hi all, I am a newbie.....am jus trying to connect to oracle thro a script, but not thro giving the username/password@server_name directly like `$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password@server_name In the above line, once it is connected to Oracle, it shud ask me the username and password... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

run query in shell script after ssh

Hi, I need to run sql query in shell script after getting connected to ssh. For that I connected to ssh through shell script using RSA keys done]. Now when I am running sql query, it's not working... but several other commands like 'ls'. 'mkdir', etc are working properly. Here is my code: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with storing oracle sqlplus query output shell script

Hello everyone, I have a RHEL 5 system and have been trying to get a batch of 3-4 scripts each in a separate variables and they are not working as expected. I tried using following syntax which I saw a lot of people on this site use and should really work, though for some reason it doesn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a SQL select query in Oracle database through shell script?

I need to run a SQL select query in Oracle database and have to capture the list of retrieved records in shell script. Also i would like to modify the query for certain condition and need to fetch it again. How can i do this? Is there a way to have a persistent connection to oracle database... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run sql query having a long listing of parameters

Hi, I have a query regarding execution of a sql query having long listing of parameters ..I need to execute this query inside a shell script. The scenario is like.... Suppose I have a file abc.txt that has the card numbers..it could be in thousands.. then I need to fire a query like ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
12 Replies
GMTLOGO(1gmt)						       Generic Mapping Tools						     GMTLOGO(1gmt)

NAME
gmtlogo - Adding a GMT graphics logo overlay to an illustration SYNOPSIS
gmtlogo dx dy [ -Gfill ] [ -W[pen] ] >> plot.ps DESCRIPTION
This scrips appends the GMT logo to an "open" PostScript file. The logo is 2 inches wide and 1 inch high and will be positioned with the lower left corner at the position (dx,dy) relative to the current plot origin. OPTIONS
-G Select color or pattern for filling the underlying box [Default is no fill]. (See SPECIFYING FILL below). -W Set pen attributes for the outline of the box [Default is no outline]. (See SPECIFYING PENS below). SPECIFYING PENS pen The attributes of lines and symbol outlines as defined by pen is a comma delimetered list of width, color and texture, each of which is optional. width can be indicated as a measure (points, centimeters, inches) or as faint, thin[ner|nest], thick[er|est], fat[ter|test], or obese. color specifies a gray shade or color (see SPECIFYING COLOR below). texture is a combination of dashes `-' and dots `.'. SPECIFYING FILL fill The attribute fill specifies the solid shade or solid color (see SPECIFYING COLOR below) or the pattern used for filling polygons. Patterns are specified as pdpi/pattern, where pattern gives the number of the built-in pattern (1-90) or the name of a Sun 1-, 8-, or 24-bit raster file. The dpi sets the resolution of the image. For 1-bit rasters: use Pdpi/pattern for inverse video, or append :Fcolor[B[color]] to specify fore- and background colors (use color = - for transparency). See GMT Cookbook & Technical Reference Appendix E for information on individual patterns. SPECIFYING COLOR color The color of lines, areas and patterns can be specified by a valid color name; by a gray shade (in the range 0-255); by a decimal color code (r/g/b, each in range 0-255; h-s-v, ranges 0-360, 0-1, 0-1; or c/m/y/k, each in range 0-1); or by a hexadecimal color code (#rrggbb, as used in HTML). See the gmtcolors manpage for more information and a full list of color names. SEE ALSO
GMT(1), gmtcolors(5), psimage(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 GMTLOGO(1gmt)