Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Raid 0 stripe size
Operating Systems Linux Raid 0 stripe size Post 302347362 by chompy on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 12:46:14 PM
Old 08-25-2009
Just curious. Wondering what you needed such firepower for. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MSR magnetic stripe card reader

Hi all I am working on MSR110 ...Can anyone plz tell me how to use the configuration commands with magnetic reader???. Please help me out as i have to develop API in C on linux platform.MSR110 is not responding to the configuration commands. Please help... Regards Mahima (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahima_er
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resizing veritas mirror-stripe volume

Hi, Is there are any special preocedure for extending veritas mirror-stripe volume? In my case , volume lay out looks as below v test - ENABLED ACTIVE 419430400 SELECT - fsgen pl test-01 test ENABLED ACTIVE 419454720 STRIPE 3/128 RW sd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2k7.vipin
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX striped LV - lslv stripe width has wrong value

Hello all. I have a volume group with 8 PV's, and a logical volume striped across these 8 volumes. However, an lslv is showing: STRIPE WIDTH: 9 STRIPE SIZE: 64k There's really only eight disks, so how can the stripe width be 9? ODM also showed this: # odmget CuAt |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
4 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

AIX : Create LV with poor man stripe

Hi all I have just had SAN allocate 4*30 GB of disks and had created a new scalable vg and assigned the disks to it: I used smitty to create vg and the command is: x -y'vgdata1' hdisk82 hdisk83 hdisk84 hdisk85 root@aadcxs08 / : lsvg vgdata1 VOLUME GROUP: vgdata1 VG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
4 Replies

5. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Software RAID on top of Hardware RAID

Server Model: T5120 with 146G x4 disks. OS: Solaris 10 - installed on c1t0d0. Plan to use software raid (veritas volume mgr) on c1t2d0 disk. After format and label the disk, still not able to detect using vxdiskadm. Question: Should I remove the hardware raid on c1t2d0 first? My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris volume manager- stripe?

Hello Admins.. I am going through solaris volume manager guide for RAID-0 concatenation and stripes, I do not understand the concept of stripe from following example of concatenation. There is an eample for concatenation: # metainit d25 1 1 c0t1d0s2 d25: Concat/Stripe is setup the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed or any commands to stripe data

Say i have: g_gateway domain="abc.com" to="123.123.123.123" relay="false" how do i use awk or sed or any method to get the result below: abc.com 123.123.123.123 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
3 Replies
SMP_WRITE_GPIO(8)						     SMP_UTILS							 SMP_WRITE_GPIO(8)

NAME
smp_write_gpio - invoke WRITE GPIO REGISTER SMP function SYNOPSIS
smp_write_gpio [--count=CO] [--data=H,H...] [--help] [--hex] [--index=IN] [--interface=PARAMS] [--raw] [--sa=SAS_ADDR] [--type=TY] [--ver- bose] [--version] SMP_DEVICE[,N] DESCRIPTION
Sends a SAS Management Protocol (SMP) WRITE GPIO REGISTER request function to a SMP target. The SMP target is identified by the SMP_DEVICE and the SAS_ADDR. Depending on the interface, the SAS_ADDR may be deduced from the SMP_DEVICE. With one interface there is one SMP_DEVICE per machine so the SMP_DEVICE,N syntax is needed to differentiate between HBAs if there are multiple present. This function is defined in SFF-8485 ( see www.sffcommittee.com ) together with its corresponding READ GPIO REGISTER SMP function. The other SMP functions are defined in SAS documents at www.t10.org . SFF-8485 defines a curious device called a "virtual SMP port" that lives in a host bus adapter (HBA) and allows SMP to manipulate the sideband signals in wide internal cables. To stop other initiators in a multi-initiator domain from accessing those sideband signals, the virtual SMP (target) port is not indicated in a DISCOVER response. -c, --count=CO where CO is the register count. This is the number of (4 byte) registers to send. The default value is 1. -d, --data=H,H... this option supplies a comma separated list of hexadecimal bytes (0 to ff inclusive) that will be used as write data in the WRITE GPIO REGISTER request. The number of bytes supplied should be four times --count=C The first 4 bytes will become the first register written. -d, --data=- reads string of hexadecimal bytes from stdin. Spaces, tabs and line feeds additionally are permitted as separators. -h, --help output the usage message then exit. -H, --hex output the response in hexadecimal. -i, --index=IN where IN is the register index. This value is origin zero and its default value is 0. The request will send --count=CO registers starting from --index=IN of the given --type=TY. -I, --interface=PARAMS interface specific parameters. In this case "interface" refers to the path through the operating system to the SMP initiator. See the smp_utils man page for more information. -r, --raw send the response to stdout in binary. All error messages are sent to stderr. -s, --sa=SAS_ADDR specifies the SAS address of the SMP target device. Typically this is an expander. This option may not be needed if the SMP_DEVICE has the target's SAS address within it. The SAS_ADDR is in decimal but most SAS addresses are shown in hexadecimal. To give a number in hexadecimal either prefix it with '0x' or put a trailing 'h' on it. -t, --type=TY where TY is the register type. The default value is 0 (GPIO_CFG). The request will send --count=CO registers starting from --index=IN of the given --type=TY. -v, --verbose increase the verbosity of the output. Can be used multiple times. -V, --version print the version string and then exit. CONFORMING TO
The SMP WRITE GPIO REGISTER function is defined in SFF-8485 (see www.sffcommittee.com ) together with its corresponding READ GPIO REGISTER SMP function. AUTHORS
Written by Douglas Gilbert. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Douglas Gilbert This software is distributed under a FreeBSD license. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. SEE ALSO
smp_utils, smp_read_gpio(smp_utils) smp_utils-0.93 January 2008 SMP_WRITE_GPIO(8)