Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian can't get wireless networking going Post 302347335 by fguy on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 11:55:16 AM
Old 08-25-2009
Off the top of my head, It's an older NVidia TNT something or other. 32 MB. I can't remember the exact model. It came with my Dell Dimension PIII.

p.s. when I unplugged the video cable before re-inserting the NIC, I forgot to power off the monitor first, and the monitor does "notice" those circumstances. But I've done that before, and it hasn't caused a problem.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking

Hi new user to UNIX and I am in the process of networking my UNIX box to my windows2000....Is there a special program I have to install so that my windows would recognize and see the Unix box....any suggestions would be great Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas27
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

networking

HI guys/gals basic question lets say i am running a network. lets say i am using Win Me. how would i network Win Me to a computer that has linux and another that has 98 well the 98 is no problem but the linux well i have an idea but i am rusty with linux. No i have rusted out. Would you make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pydyer
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Wireless Networking

Does anyone know where can i find advanced and basic information about setting up a WLAN using bluetooth. The operating systems are mandrake 9.0 and windows 2000? Thank you in advance!:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Wireless

Can someone please point me in the correct direction for setting up a wireless card using HP-UX 11iV1? I know its different depending on the type of card I have, but im looking for a direction. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickwinnie
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help with networking

I can't or i don't know how to put up a network and internet on sun solaris 10. I looked and found some stuff on forums around net but I'm missing a few files. Like, "defaultrouter", "resolve.conf", ping is not working ( host unreachable), my card is "lo0" when I use ifconfig -a comand. Should I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvor_hardin
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how ..........networking

hi everyone this is dipendra, i am interested in networking,i know simple socket programming . and now i am wonder to get in to audio socket. i have no clue how to build audio socket.so i am looking if u can provide me a link regarding the audio socket building tutorials. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dipendra_regmi
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

C networking

Can anybody help me regarding networking using c language i know how to capture the packets and to verify it`s protocol destination and source ip etc. Can anybody help me to direct a packet coming to an ip to some other ip of my choice ........ Hope reply ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sannair
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Networking help

What am I doing wrong, I configure interfaces ce1,ce,2 and ce3 but when I reboot the server they lose the configuration and I have to reset them? ifconfig ce1 plumb ifconfig ce2 plumb ifconfig ce1 155.216.13.72 netmask 255.255.255.240 ifconfig ce2 155.216.13.73 netmask 255.255.255.240... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

Networking

hi From mt windows machine I can ping a LINUX machine but there is no arp entry for the same LINUX on my windows. How is it possible and what can I do to add the arp entry as I need it. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leghorn
1 Replies
dbus-monitor(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   dbus-monitor(1)

NAME
dbus-monitor - debug probe to print message bus messages SYNOPSIS
dbus-monitor [--system | --session | --address ADDRESS] [--profile | --monitor] [watch expressions] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-monitor command is used to monitor messages going through a D-Bus message bus. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information about the big picture. There are two well-known message buses: the systemwide message bus (installed on many systems as the "messagebus" service) and the per- user-login-session message bus (started each time a user logs in). The --system and --session options direct dbus-monitor to monitor the system or session buses respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor monitors the session bus. dbus-monitor has two different output modes, the 'classic'-style monitoring mode and profiling mode. The profiling format is a compact for- mat with a single line per message and microsecond-resolution timing information. The --profile and --monitor options select the profiling and monitoring output format respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor uses the monitoring output format. In order to get dbus-monitor to see the messages you are interested in, you should specify a set of watch expressions as you would expect to be passed to the dbus_bus_add_match function. The message bus configuration may keep dbus-monitor from seeing all messages, especially if you run the monitor as a non-root user. OPTIONS
--system Monitor the system message bus. --session Monitor the session message bus. (This is the default.) --address ADDRESS Monitor an arbitrary message bus given at ADDRESS. --profile Use the profiling output format. --monitor Use the monitoring output format. (This is the default.) EXAMPLE
Here is an example of using dbus-monitor to watch for the gnome typing monitor to say things dbus-monitor "type='signal',sender='org.gnome.TypingMonitor',interface='org.gnome.TypingMonitor'" AUTHOR
dbus-monitor was written by Philip Blundell. The profiling output mode was added by Olli Salli. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-monitor(1)