Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian can't get wireless networking going Post 302347325 by chompy on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 11:33:03 AM
Old 08-25-2009
What type of video card is it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking

Hi new user to UNIX and I am in the process of networking my UNIX box to my windows2000....Is there a special program I have to install so that my windows would recognize and see the Unix box....any suggestions would be great Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas27
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

networking

HI guys/gals basic question lets say i am running a network. lets say i am using Win Me. how would i network Win Me to a computer that has linux and another that has 98 well the 98 is no problem but the linux well i have an idea but i am rusty with linux. No i have rusted out. Would you make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pydyer
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Wireless Networking

Does anyone know where can i find advanced and basic information about setting up a WLAN using bluetooth. The operating systems are mandrake 9.0 and windows 2000? Thank you in advance!:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Wireless

Can someone please point me in the correct direction for setting up a wireless card using HP-UX 11iV1? I know its different depending on the type of card I have, but im looking for a direction. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickwinnie
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help with networking

I can't or i don't know how to put up a network and internet on sun solaris 10. I looked and found some stuff on forums around net but I'm missing a few files. Like, "defaultrouter", "resolve.conf", ping is not working ( host unreachable), my card is "lo0" when I use ifconfig -a comand. Should I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvor_hardin
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how ..........networking

hi everyone this is dipendra, i am interested in networking,i know simple socket programming . and now i am wonder to get in to audio socket. i have no clue how to build audio socket.so i am looking if u can provide me a link regarding the audio socket building tutorials. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dipendra_regmi
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

C networking

Can anybody help me regarding networking using c language i know how to capture the packets and to verify it`s protocol destination and source ip etc. Can anybody help me to direct a packet coming to an ip to some other ip of my choice ........ Hope reply ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sannair
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Networking help

What am I doing wrong, I configure interfaces ce1,ce,2 and ce3 but when I reboot the server they lose the configuration and I have to reset them? ifconfig ce1 plumb ifconfig ce2 plumb ifconfig ce1 155.216.13.72 netmask 255.255.255.240 ifconfig ce2 155.216.13.73 netmask 255.255.255.240... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

Networking

hi From mt windows machine I can ping a LINUX machine but there is no arp entry for the same LINUX on my windows. How is it possible and what can I do to add the arp entry as I need it. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leghorn
1 Replies
wicd-cli(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       wicd-cli(8)

NAME
wicd-cli - command-line interface to wicd SYNOPSIS
wicd-cli [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the wicd-cli command. wicd-cli is a scriptable command-line only "client" for wicd. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -n network-id, --network=network-id Specify which network wicd-cli should act on. -p property, --network-property=property Show property from network details. -s value, --set-to=value Set selected property to value -m name, --name=name Set the name for the profile to load/save to name. -S, --scan Scan available wireless networks. -w, --save Save the network connection profile. -l, --list-networks List the networks WICD has in its cache. -d, --network-details Show details of selected network. -x, --disconnect Disconnect from the current network. -c, --connect Connect to the selected network. -e, --list-encryption-types View the available encryption templates WICD can use. -y, --wireless Use the wireless interface. -z, --wired Use the wired interface. -o, --load-profile Load a wired connection profile. SEE ALSO
wicd(1), wicd-client(1), wicd-gtk(8), wicd-curses(8) AUTHOR
wicd-cli was written by Ronuk Raval. This manual page was written by David Paleino <dapal@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Dec 2009 wicd-cli(8)