Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming calculate IP Header checksum manually Post 302347307 by semash! on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 10:55:07 AM
Old 08-25-2009
Thank you Zykl0n-B!
That's exactly what i was looking for!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

checksum

Does anyone know the answer to this? When I run "sum -r" on a file that I've down loaded from the sco website, the 1st set of numbers differs from the checksum on the download page but the 2nd set matches. If I try to install the patch, I get errors. Anyone has an answer? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jn5519
3 Replies

2. Linux

Reading the header of a tar file(posix header)

say i have these many file in a directory named exam. 1)/exam/newfolder/link.txt. 2)/exam/newfolder1/ and i create a tar say exam.tar well the problem is, when i read the tar file i dont find any metadata about the directories,as you cannot create a tar containig empty directories. on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanvirk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming all header to specific header pattern

Input #HAC0253 EFVHIJHIJEFVTHIJOPKOPKTEFVEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKHIJTTEFVEFVTEFV #BASFS12 EFVEFVHIJEFVEFVTOPKEFVOPKTHIJTTHIJOPK #ACG5115 TEFVEFVOIJEFVHIJHIJOPKOPKHIJHIJTTEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK #ECG5114 IJTOPKHIJEFVOEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK . . Output (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate age of a file | calculate time difference

Hello, I'm trying to create a shell script (#!/bin/sh) which should tell me the age of a file in minutes... I have a process, which delivers me all 15 minutes a new file and I want to have a monitoring script, which sends me an email, if the present file is older than 20 minutes. To do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: worm
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

Wireshark UDP checksum bad checksum

Hello I am communicating with two devices using my computer over UDP protocol. The application is running fine. When I monitored the UDP traffic using Wireshark software, I found that there were too many Checksum errors. Please find attached the png file showing this error. I am about to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AustinCann
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column header and row header

Hi, I have an input like this 1 2 3 4 2 3 4 5 4 5 6 7 I would like to count the no. of columns and print a header with a prefix "Col". I would also like to count the no. of rows and print as first column with each line number with a prefix "Row" So, my output would be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate all rows except header, but header should be output as well

Hello There... I have a sample input file .. number:department:amount 125:Market:125.23 126:Hardware store:434.95 127:Video store:7.45 128:Book store:14.32 129:Gasolline:16.10 I will be doing some manipulations on all the records except the header, but the header should always be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find header in a text file and prepend it to all lines until another header is found

I've been struggling with this one for quite a while and cannot seem to find a solution for this find/replace scenario. Perhaps I'm getting rusty. I have a file that contains a number of metrics (exactly 3 fields per line) from a few appliances that are collected in parallel. To identify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies
shishi_authenticator_add_cksum(3)				      shishi					 shishi_authenticator_add_cksum(3)

NAME
shishi_authenticator_add_cksum - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <shishi.h> int shishi_authenticator_add_cksum(Shishi * handle, Shishi_asn1 authenticator, Shishi_key * key, int keyusage, char * data, size_t datalen); ARGUMENTS
Shishi * handle shishi handle as allocated by shishi_init(). Shishi_asn1 authenticator authenticator as allocated by shishi_authenticator(). Shishi_key * key key to to use for encryption. int keyusage cryptographic key usage value to use in encryption. char * data input array with data to calculate checksum on. size_t datalen size of input array with data to calculate checksum on. DESCRIPTION
Calculate checksum for data and store it in the authenticator. RETURN VALUE
Returns SHISHI_OK iff successful. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-shishi@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for shishi is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and shishi programs are properly installed at your site, the command info shishi should give you access to the complete manual. shishi 1.0.1 shishi_authenticator_add_cksum(3)