Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Dns configuration error in Redhat Post 302347272 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 09:47:48 AM
Old 08-25-2009
It looks like you are using the chroot setup but loading named.conf from /etc.
You need to modify /etc/sysconfig/named to include the following directive
Code:
ROOTDIR=/var/named/chroot

After you have modified named.conf you should always test it using
Code:
service named testconfig

The ACL (Access Control List) errors are due to the fact that you are using "nms.example.com" in the listen-on and allow-query directives in the options statement. You cannot use FQDNs this way. You must do it something like this.
Code:
acl nms {
    10.13.0.123;
};
listen-on port 53 { nms; 10.13.74.162; 127.0.0.1; };
allow-query { nms; 10.13.0.0/24; };

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

DNS configuration problem

Hi all, I am a beginner in DNS service and I face difficult when configure DNS sub domain using "bind" version 8. So I would like to ask a question about this and hope someone can answer my question. Is it possible to configure a sub domain in which the name of this sub domain is same as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raylai
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

proxy DNS configuration

i have the DNS and the web proxy services running on one of my sun machines....the funny thing is clients use the proxy server by addressing it with its IP address only....what i need is to assign it like...proxy.amu.edu.et...... my guess is the problem is the configuration with the DNS ...but i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: henokia4j
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat DNS Entry

I have a installed Redhat Linux v5 on a new HP Pavillon PC. It has a dual boot with Vista. Booting from Vista, I can connect to the internet. However with Redhat I cannot connect to the internet. I looked at the /etc/resolv.conf file in Redhat and there is no DNS entry there. From where do I... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnilAnand
28 Replies

4. AIX

DNS configuration help

I'm trying to configure DNS on a AIX 5.4 machine and I just can't figure it out. The IBM guide doesn't work. Smit also doesn't work. I have no idea how to make this happen. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madavid0
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS Configuration in Solaris 10

Hi All, I have a list of few DNS server with hostnmae and IP which I need to setup in Solaris Servers...Can any one pls tell me the steps for setting up the above in solaris 10 & 9???? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris5.10
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

DNS for linux RedHat

Dear members, I am trying to set up a simple DNS but the problem is that when I ping the name of the IP address in the Reverse file, it does not recognise it. My code are as follows: Note that my IP address is 172.22.45.237. In my /etc/named.conf file, I have added the following lines ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shakshakshuk
10 Replies

7. AIX

DNS configuration on AIX 6.1

Hello All, I want to install ORACLE RAC on AIX 6.1. In the installation guide. the below two points were mentioned: Each node must have at least two network adapters or network interface cards (NICs): one for the public network interface, and one for the private network interface (the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beayni33
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS mail server configuration

Hello fellow unix dudes, I have a question on DNS. Basically the error is my domain.com server can not send email to my mail.domain.com server. I have a virtual server with one IP say 192.10.11.12 and a mail server with iP 172.4.5.6 When the virutal server on ip 192.10.11.12 was setup,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

DNS issue in Redhat 9

Hi all m newbie in linux and trying to setup my internal DNS server for local network.After messing with DNS for hours i am posting this. i have configured /etc/resolve.conf, hostname with domain name in /etc/sysconfig/network file,/etc/hosts file with local host entry and zone file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
1 Replies
MBSNRTOWCS(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     MBSNRTOWCS(3)

NAME
mbsnrtowcs - convert a multibyte string to a wide-character string SYNOPSIS
#include <wchar.h> size_t mbsnrtowcs(wchar_t *dest, const char **src, size_t nms, size_t len, mbstate_t *ps); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): mbsnrtowcs(): Since glibc 2.10: _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 700 || _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200809L Before glibc 2.10: _GNU_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
The mbsnrtowcs() function is like the mbsrtowcs(3) function, except that the number of bytes to be converted, starting at *src, is limited to nms. If dest is not a NULL pointer, the mbsnrtowcs() function converts at most nms bytes from the multibyte string *src to a wide-character string starting at dest. At most len wide characters are written to dest. The shift state *ps is updated. The conversion is effectively performed by repeatedly calling mbrtowc(dest, *src, n, ps) where n is some positive number, as long as this call succeeds, and then incre- menting dest by one and *src by the number of bytes consumed. The conversion can stop for three reasons: 1. An invalid multibyte sequence has been encountered. In this case *src is left pointing to the invalid multibyte sequence, (size_t) -1 is returned, and errno is set to EILSEQ. 2. The nms limit forces a stop, or len non-L'' wide characters have been stored at dest. In this case *src is left pointing to the next multibyte sequence to be converted, and the number of wide characters written to dest is returned. 3. The multibyte string has been completely converted, including the terminating '' (which has the side effect of bringing back *ps to the initial state). In this case *src is set to NULL, and the number of wide characters written to dest, excluding the terminating L'' character, is returned. If dest is NULL, len is ignored, and the conversion proceeds as above, except that the converted wide characters are not written out to memory, and that no destination length limit exists. In both of the above cases, if ps is a NULL pointer, a static anonymous state only known to the mbsnrtowcs function is used instead. The programmer must ensure that there is room for at least len wide characters at dest. RETURN VALUE
The mbsnrtowcs() function returns the number of wide characters that make up the converted part of the wide-character string, not including the terminating null wide character. If an invalid multibyte sequence was encountered, (size_t) -1 is returned, and errno set to EILSEQ. CONFORMING TO
This function is a GNU extension. NOTES
The behavior of mbsnrtowcs() depends on the LC_CTYPE category of the current locale. Passing NULL as ps is not multithread safe. SEE ALSO
iconv(3), mbsrtowcs(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2010-09-15 MBSNRTOWCS(3)