Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lipo doesn't work
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Lipo doesn't work Post 302347261 by vishwesh on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 09:11:10 AM
Old 08-25-2009
Lipo doesn't work

Hi guys,
Am using lipo to merge ppc and i386 version of a static/dylib file based on "file type to load". I am working on Mac OS 10.5.6 and new to shell scripting. Please help me out.

This is my code.
Code:
echo "This file combine ppc and i386 file to form universal library"

echo "source Path: "
read path
echo "source Path1: "
read path1
echo "destination : "
read dest

echo "file type to load"
read exten

for iFile in `find $path -type f -name $exten`
do
    echo $iFile
    iFile1="${path1}${iFile##*/}"
    echo $iFile1
    destFile="${dest}${iFile##*/}"
   lipo -create $iFile $iFile1 -output destFile
done

echo "***   Done   ***"

It's say lipo can't load the file in iFile. I am trying to run lipo command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed doesn't work

Hello I' m confused a bit. I want to replace string "&amp" with "&" using this command. sed 's/&amp/&/g' and it doesn't work. Nothing happens. On the other side this works: sed 's/&amp/@/g' or sed 's/&amp/^/g' !!! Can somebody help please? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billy5
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Can anyone tell me why this doesn't work?

If there exists a field in stdin, print it, otherwise, print hello..... These print nothing: cat /dev/null | awk '{if ( length > 0 ) print $1; else print "hello"}' cat /dev/null | awk '{if ( $1 ) print $1; else print "hello"}'But the scripts work if I run them directly in a terminal: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksheller
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What to do when mtime doesn't work?

I have a folder that I need to search for new files and copy on the latest. I've been using "-mtime -1" in my command line but it doesn't seem to work. I've been meaning to fine a different script because files are dropped into the folder all day long and because of the -mtime, I've only be... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
19 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remsh doesn't work

Hi, I need to use remsh inside a ksh script. The script would remsh to another machine (maybe different OS) and then execute commands. A Simple Script: #!/usr/bin/ksh remsh sun7656 -l myuser "cd /user.3/MyFolder; ls -lart" But this gives me the error: permission denied I also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

my script doesn't work :(

i have this script and when i ejecute it, the console tell me this " sintax error line 41 unexpected element "}" " is the sintaxis ok? #!/bin/bash if ;then { exit 0; } if ; then { sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start; sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start; php5 & nautilus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keiserx
3 Replies

8. Solaris

There is gcc but doesn't work !!

gcc packages are installed as is seen. # pkginfo | grep -i gcc system SUNWgcc gcc - The GNU C compiler system SUNWgccruntime GCC Runtime libraries # There is gcc in /usr/sfw/bin but It doesn't work. # gcc bash: gcc: command not found... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)