Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script(Preferably awk or sed) to print selected number of columns from each row Post 302347227 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 07:39:17 AM
Old 08-25-2009
Code:
nawk '{for(i=NF-25;i<=NF;i++) printf("%s%c", $i, (i<NF)?OFS:ORS)}' myFile

OR in reverse order of fields
Code:
nawk '{for(i=0;i<25;i++) printf("%s%c", $(NF-i), (i<24)?OFS:ORS)}' myFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare selected columns from a file and print difference

I have learned file comparison from my previous post here. Then, it is comparing the whole line. Now, i have a new problem. I have two files with 3 columns separated with a "|". What i want to do is to compare the second and third column of file 1, and the second and third column of file 2. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to print selected fields of selected lines by AWK

I am trying to print 1st, 2nd, 13th and 14th fields of a file of line numbers from 29 to 10029. I dont know how to put this in one code. Currently I am removing the selected lines by awk 'NR==29,NR==10029' File1 > File2 and then doing awk '{print $1, $2, $13, $14}' File2 > File3 Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananyob
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print specific columns one row at a time

Hello, I have the following piece of code: roleName =`cat $inputFile | awk -F';' '{ print $1 }'` roleDescription =`cat $inputFile | awk -F';' '{ print $2 }'` roleAuthProfile =`cat $inputFile | awk -F';' '{ print $3 }'` mappedUserID (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pr0tocoldan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

only print a selected row

this works: cat file.txt| awk 'NR==45,NR==55' but how do I assign variables instead of numbers: this does not work: cat file.txt | awk 'NR==$start,NR==$end' there need variables instead of numbers Sorry for my English Thank you for answer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gizmo16
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: print columns depending on their number

hi guys, i have the following problem: i have a matrix with 3 columns and over 450 rows like this: 0.0165 0.0151 0.0230 0.0143 0.0153 0.0134 0.0135 0.0123 0.0195 0.0173 0.0153 0.0182 i now want to calculate the average of every line and divide every element of this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waddle
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print max number of 2 columns - awk

Is it possible to print max number of 2 columns - awk note: print max if the integer is positive and print min if the integer is negative input a 1 2 b 3 4 c 5 1 d -3 -5 d -5 -3 output a 2 b 4 c 5 d -5 d -5 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/sed script for transposing any number of rows with header row

Greetings! I have been trying to find out a way to take a CSV file with a large number of rows, and a very large number of columns (in the thousands) and convert the rows to a single column of data, where the first row is a header representing the attribute name and the subsequent series of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tntelle
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get row number from file1 and print that row of file2

Hi. How can we print those rows of file2 which are mentioned in file1. first character of file1 is a row number.. for eg file1 1:abc 3:ghi 6:pqr file2 a abc b def c ghi d jkl e mno f pqr ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to print the smallest floating point number in a row that is not 0

Hello, I have often found bash to be difficult when it comes to floating point numbers. I have data with rows of tab delimited floating point numbers. I need to find the smallest number in each row that is not 0.0. Numbers can be negative and they do not come in any particular order for a given... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split columns to row after N number of column

I want to split this with every 5 or 50 depend on how much data the file will have. And remove the comma on the end Source file will have 001,0002,0003,004,005,0006,0007,007A,007B,007C,007E,007F,008A,008C Need Output from every 5 tab and remove the comma from end of each row ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
4 Replies
SPI_MODIFYTUPLE(3)					  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation					SPI_MODIFYTUPLE(3)

NAME
SPI_modifytuple - create a row by replacing selected fields of a given row SYNOPSIS
HeapTuple SPI_modifytuple(Relation rel, HeapTuple row, int ncols, int * colnum, Datum * values, const char * nulls) DESCRIPTION
SPI_modifytuple creates a new row by substituting new values for selected columns, copying the original row's columns at other positions. The input row is not modified. ARGUMENTS
Relation rel Used only as the source of the row descriptor for the row. (Passing a relation rather than a row descriptor is a misfeature.) HeapTuple row row to be modified int ncols number of column numbers in the array colnum int * colnum array of the numbers of the columns that are to be changed (column numbers start at 1) Datum * values new values for the specified columns const char * Nulls which new values are null, if any (see SPI_execute_plan for the format) RETURN VALUE
new row with modifications, allocated in the upper executor context; NULL only if row is NULL On error, SPI_result is set as follows: SPI_ERROR_ARGUMENT if rel is NULL, or if row is NULL, or if ncols is less than or equal to 0, or if colnum is NULL, or if values is NULL. SPI_ERROR_NOATTRIBUTE if colnum contains an invalid column number (less than or equal to 0 or greater than the number of column in row) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 SPI_MODIFYTUPLE(3)