Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl get partial string of a string Post 302347122 by jimmy_y on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 01:59:38 AM
Old 08-25-2009
perl get partial string of a string

Hi All,

I have:
Code:
$d = "12.02222222222";
$d =~ s/(.*).(.*)/$1/e;

The output should be just 12.
Please guide me my expression wrong.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Better way to match string within a string

Hi, I'm trying to get one field out of many as follows: A string of multiple fields separated with "/" characters: "/ab=12/cd=34/12=ab/34=cd/ef=pick-this.one/gh=blah/ij=something/" I want to pick up the field "ef=pick-this.one" which has no regular pattern except it starts with "ef=xxxx"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

delete line from file if successful partial string found

Id like to delete a line from a file using (preferably a single line unix command) if it contains a certain string pattern. If line contains "abcdef" then delete that line. Help greatly appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cronjob78
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Find one string, change another string.

Hi, In principle I am searching for a Perl equivalent for this sed command: sed "/TIM_AM_ARGS=/ s/60/1440/" $EDIT_FILE > $TEMP_FILE cp $TEMP_FILE $EDIT_FILE I was wondering if it needs to be like this, or that there other, shorter, alternatives: open (TIMENVFILE, "<$timenvfile") or die... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get partial numbers from a string

Hi Everyone, I have: $val="QQ3_1899_CD4". The output will be: 1899. I did $val =~ /(\d+)/g; the output is 318994, then i use substr to get those 1899. This is not efficient. Is any simple way, like just one line can do? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract partial string from path.

Hi all, i've a string $DIR=/u/user/NDE/TEST_LOGS/20110622_000005_TEST_11_HD_120/HD/TEST_11_HD_120/hd-12 i need to extract string from 2011.... i.e i need it as 20110622_000005_TEST_11_HD_120 as matched string, and in turn i need to split values 20110622_000005_TEST_11_HD_120 into two.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace partial string

I have a list of strings in file: 10 10 AAA 120 13 BBBBB 23 11 CCCCC 11 32 DDDDDD I want to replace first column of the text such as: 10, 129, 23, 11 with 11, 22, 33, 44. I can do line by line, but just not sure how to replace partial string without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ford99
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace partial of string in file?

Hi Guys, I need replace part of string in a file. for example: ABC=123 CDE=122 DEF=456 ABC=123 DED=333 ABC=123 I need replace the value after ABC=, highlighted in red. I want to get following result; ABC=456 CDE=122 DEF=456 ABC=456 DED=333 ABC=456 Anybody can help me this. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove not only the duplicate string but also the keyword of the string in Perl

Hi Perl users, I have another problem with text processing in Perl. I have a file below: Linux Unix Linux Windows SUN MACOS SUN SUN HP-AUX I want the result below: Unix Windows SUN MACOS HP-AUX so the duplicate string will be removed and also the keyword of the string on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: askari
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk partial string match and add specific fields

Trying to combine strings that are a partial match to another in $1 (usually below it). If a match is found than the $2 value is added to the $2 value of the match and the $3 value is added to the $3 value of the match. I am not sure how to do this and need some expert help. Thank you :). file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search partial string in a file and replace the string - UNIX

I have the below string which i need to compare with a file and replace this string in the file which matches closely. Can anyone help me on this. string(Scenario 1)- user::r--,user::ourfrd:r-- String(Scenario 2)- user::r-- File **** # file: /local/Desktop/myfile # owner: me # group:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
6 Replies
OpenGuides::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     OpenGuides::Test(3pm)

NAME
OpenGuides::Test - Methods to help test OpenGuides applications. DESCRIPTION
Provides methods to help when writing tests for OpenGuides. Distributed and installed as part of the OpenGuides project, not intended for independent installation. This documentation is probably only useful to OpenGuides developers. SYNOPSIS
use OpenGuides; use OpenGuides::Test; OpenGuides::Test::refresh_db(); my $config = OpenGuides::Test->make_basic_config; $config->default_language( "nl" ); my $guide = OpenGuides->new( config => $config ); OpenGuides::Test->write_data( guide => $guide, node => "Crabtree Tavern", os_x => 523465, os_y => 177490, categories => "Pubs", ); METHODS
make_basic_config my $config = OpenGuides::Test->make_basic_config; $config->default_language( "nl" ); Makes an OpenGuides::Config object with needed fields pre-filled. You can mess with it as you like then. write_data my $config = OpenGuides::Test->make_basic_config; my $guide = OpenGuides->new( config => $config ); OpenGuides::Test->write_data( guide => $guide, node => "Crabtree Tavern", os_x => 523465, os_y => 177490, categories => "Pubs Pub Food", ); This method calls the "make_cgi_object" method to make its CGI object; you can supply values for any key mentioned there. You should supply them exactly as they would come from a CGI form, eg lines in a textarea are separated by " ". This method will automatically grab the checksum from the database, so even if the node already exists your data will still be written. If you don't want this behaviour (for example, if you're testing edit conflicts) then pass in a true value to the "omit_checksum" parameter: OpenGuides::Test->write_data( guide => $guide, node => "Crabtree Tavern", omit_checksum => 1, ); If you want to grab the output, pass a true value to "return_output": my $output = OpenGuides::Test->write_data( guide => $guide, node => "Crabtree Tavern", return_output => 1, ); Similarly, if you pass a true value to "return_tt_vars", the return value will be the variables which would have been passed to the template for output: my %vars = OpenGuides::Test->write_data( guide => $guide, node => "Crabtree Tavern", return_tt_vars => 1, ); make_cgi_object my $q = OpenGuides::Test->make_cgi_object; You can supply values for the following keys: "content", "categories", "locales", "node_image", "node_image_licence", "node_image_copyright", "node_image_url", "phone", "fax", "website", "hours_text", "address", "postcode", "map_link", "os_x", "os_y", "osie_x", "osie_y", "latitude", "longitude", "summary", "username", "comment", "edit_type". You should supply them exactly as they would come from a CGI form, eg lines in a textarea are separated by " ". refresh_db Openguides::Test::refresh_db(); Unlink the existing SQLite database t/node.db and plucene indexes. Then create a new SQLite database t/node.db AUTHOR
The OpenGuides Project (openguides-dev@lists.openguides.org) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2009 The OpenGuides Project. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2013-01-11 OpenGuides::Test(3pm)