Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Check free space in Solaris Volume Manager Post 302347103 by fugitive on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 12:52:48 AM
Old 08-25-2009
Check free space in Solaris Volume Manager

I 've 300Gb Lun assigned to my system which has soft partitions , is there any way to check how much the space i have used out of 300Gb ? and how may more soft partitions i can create and expand the existing ones ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to resize a logical volume to free up some space using sam?

Hey all, is it possible to free up space off some partitions? during an install of hp-ux i set some allocated diskspace to lets say, /home to 1024 mb, but now i want it to be 512mb.. I'm looking at sam right now at the "Disks and File Systems" menu , can i modify it at all in like, List-> file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emplate
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Disk Mirror in Solaris 9 via Solaris Volume Manager

Hello, I am trying to do mirror in solaris 9. I have total 0-7 disks 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 Drive 0 and Drive 4 = Boot Drives Need to Mirror following drives. Drive 1 and Drive 5 = Need to mirror Drive 1 was mounted on: /prod1, /prod2, /prod3, /prod4, /prod5. Then i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to resize mirror volume in veritas volume manager 3.5 on Solaris 9 OE

Hi all, I have a problem with vxvm volume which is mirror with two disks. when i am try to increase file system, it is throwing an ERROR: can not allocate 5083938 blocks, ERROR: can not able to run vxassist on this volume. Please find a sutable solutions. Thanks and Regards B. Nageswar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageswarb
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Veritas volume manager in solaris.

Can you please let me know the certification code for veritas volume manager in solaris ? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Volume Manager

Hello All, I have small doubt. It's related to SVM in solaris 10. I have created raid 0 (striping) using 3 slices of 500 MB size (default interlace value as 32KB) d2: Concat/Stripe ---- Interlace value is 32 KB Size: 2923830 blocks (1.4 GB) Stripe 0: (interlace: 64 blocks) Device Start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhav.kanchan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Volume manager

Hi Friends, I have to migrate my raid-1 volume to raid -5 online. Can anyone please help me, If possible then send me the step by step commands for online migration. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

7. Solaris

root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10

Need a procedure document to do "root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10". I hope some one will help me asap. I need to do it production environment. Let me know if you need any deatils on this. Thanks, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
1 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris volume manager- stripe?

Hello Admins.. I am going through solaris volume manager guide for RAID-0 concatenation and stripes, I do not understand the concept of stripe from following example of concatenation. There is an eample for concatenation: # metainit d25 1 1 c0t1d0s2 d25: Concat/Stripe is setup the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies

9. Fedora

Need to incrwase PHYSICAL VOLUME space on hard drive with free space on it

Hi, I run Fedora 17. I created a physical volume of 30GB on a disk with 60GB of space so there is 30GB of free space. On the physical volume, I created my volume group and logical volumes. I assigned all the space in the physical volume to my volume group. I need to add the 30GB of free space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies
metarecover(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   metarecover(1M)

NAME
metarecover - recover soft partition information SYNOPSIS
/sbin/metarecover [-n] [-v] [-s setname] component -p /sbin/metarecover [-n] [-v] [-s setname] component -p {-d} /sbin/metarecover [-n] [-v] [-s setname] component -p {-m} DESCRIPTION
The metarecover command scans a specified component to look for soft partition configuration information and to regenerate the configura- tion. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Recover soft partitions in the metadevice state database from the extent headers on the device. Options -d and -m are mutu- ally exclusive. -m Regenerate the extent headers and reapplies them to the underlying device based on the soft partitions listed in the metadevice state database. Options -d and -m are mutually exclusive. -n Do not actually perform the operation. Show the output or errors that would have resulted from the operation, had it been run. -p Regenerate soft partitions based on the metadevice state database or extent headers on the underlying device. If neither -d nor -m are specified, this option compares the soft partition information in the metadevice state database to the extent headers. -s setname Specify the name of the diskset on which metarecover works. Using the s option causes the command to perform its function within the specified diskset. Without the -s option, the metarecover command operates on the metadevices and/or hot spare pools in the local diskset. This option is required to recover former sps from a diskset component or raw-device. setname must be identical to the former setname in which the sps were created. The set numbers, however, seem irrelevant. -v Verbose mode, displaying the changes being made. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: component Specifies the c*t*d*s* number of the disk or slice containing the partitions, or the device name (for example, d10) of the metadevice containing the partitions. component can be a slice name, component name, /dev/dsk path, or /dev/rdsk path. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Updating Metadevice State Database Based on Disk Extent Headers A disk containing soft partitions is moved from one system to another. The system administrator would like to use the existing soft parti- tions. metarecover updates the metadevice state database based on the extent headers on the disk. # metarecover -v c0t3d0s2 -p -d Example 2: Updating Metadevice State Database Based on Incomplete Soft Partition Creation A system crashes in the middle of creating a new soft partition. The soft partition is in the creating state and the driver does not let that device be opened. metarecover rewrites the extent headers for the partially created soft partition and mark it as Okay. # metarecover -v c0t3d0s2 -p -m Example 3: Updating Extent Headers Based on Metadevice State Database Someone accidentally overwrote a portion of a disk leaving extent headers destroyed. metarecover rewrites the extent headers to ensure a valid soft partition configuration, though user data is not recovered. # metarecover -v d5 -m Example 4: Validating Soft Partition Configuration To validate the existing soft partition configuration, use metarecover with only the -p flag. # metarecover c0t3d0s2 -p EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide SunOS 5.10 2 Jun 2004 metarecover(1M)