Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is there anyway for file renaming in csh Post 302347061 by Smiling Dragon on Monday 24th of August 2009 08:04:53 PM
Old 08-24-2009
Code:
foreach file (*cell*)
  mv $file `echo $file | sed 's/cell//'`
end

Note that this will remove the string 'cell' from any filename it finds in the directory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming a file name

I have an audit log that is produced each day from a production printer. It names the file using todays date, but it removes the leading zero's. For example: todays date 060104 names the file 6104.txt. I ftp this file onto a Sun box and pull stats off of it. To keep some consistency to what I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to zero a file using csh

Hi I have always used ksh in the past, but now am using csh. To zero a file using ksh, you simply > filename. What is the command to do the same using csh? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jodie
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script

I have an extraordinary problem with a csh script.....(feel free to berate the use of this but I'm modifying an existing bunch of them) Anyway, I have a master csh script which in turn calls a second csh script. This second csh script is below. Within this second script are two compiled C++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pollsizer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming a file use another file as a sequence calling a shl

have this shl that will FTP a file from the a directory in windows to UNIX, It get the name of the file stored in this variable $UpLoadFileName then put in the local directory LocalDir="${MPATH}/xxxxx/dat_files" that part seems to be working, but then I need to take that file and rename, I am using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File renaming from list of names contained in another file

I have to rename a large number of files so that the name of each file corresponds to a code number that is given side by side in a list (textfile). The list contains in column A the filename of the actual files to be renamed and in column B the name (a client code, 9 digits) that has to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netfreighter
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file

Hello, I have an outstanding issue..Iam on linux and using a putty to connect to my server and then fire our unix shell script. At location /usr/sam a file called "er 1 32.txt" out boss transfer via application. From my end on terminal when i want to transfer this file to some other location... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with Renaming a file

I have a file named as Pro_PatAct_MMDDYYYY.csv. I need to renmae it to this Pro_PatAct.csv without the date timestamp. Can someone help me to achieve this using a regular expn. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran_affu
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming File

Hi there, I have 350 files in this directory: /home/adams/29 that was mistakenly renamed in this format: TTFILE_BIT_638478.txt.dat I want to take out the trailing .dat so that it ends in .txt: TTFILE_BIT_638478.txt I need help please. Thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Creems
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file and check for the renamed file existence

Hi Am trying to move a file from one name to another When I do "ls" to check for the moved filename I can see the file but when I try the same with a script am unable.. I think am doing some pretty silly error.. please help.. toMove=`ls | grep -E "partition.+"` mv $toMove partition._org... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming the file

Hi guys, I have written a code to move my file from one directory to another directory, the file is in .csv format and i need to append a current date to the file. the prolem is date is getting appended after the file extension.. here is my code : cd /data/home/abc/xyz now=$(date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: azherkn3
7 Replies
thai/thcell.h(3)						      libthai							  thai/thcell.h(3)

NAME
thai/thcell.h - Thai string cell custering. SYNOPSIS
Data Structures struct thcell_t Thai char cell representation. Functions void th_init_cell (struct thcell_t *cell) Initialize a Thai cell. size_t th_next_cell (const thchar_t *s, size_t len, struct thcell_t *cell, int is_decomp_am) Get first cell from string. size_t th_prev_cell (const thchar_t *s, size_t pos, struct thcell_t *cell, int is_decomp_am) Get previous cell from string. size_t th_make_cells (const thchar_t *s, size_t len, struct thcell_t cells[], size_t *ncells, int is_decomp_am) Tokenize string into cells. Detailed Description Thai string cell custering. Function Documentation void th_init_cell (struct thcell_t *cell) Initialize a Thai cell. Parameters: cell : pointer to the cell to initialize Initializes values in the Thai cell struct. size_t th_make_cells (const thchar_t *s, size_tlen, struct thcell_tcells[], size_t *ncells, intis_decomp_am) Tokenize string into cells. Parameters: s : the string len : the length of string cells : the array of output cells buffer ncells : the address of integer storing the number of cells provided by the buffer, and to keep the number of resulting cells on return is_decomp_am : whether SARA AM is to be decomposed into NIKHANIT and SARA AA and to be in separate cells Returns: total characters consumed Tokenizes the string bounded by s and len into cells, and stores at most *ncells resulting cells in the cells buffer. On return, *ncells is also set to the total cells stored in cells[]. size_t th_next_cell (const thchar_t *s, size_tlen, struct thcell_t *cell, intis_decomp_am) Get first cell from string. Parameters: s : the string len : the length of string cell : the output buffer is_decomp_am : whether SARA AM is to be decomposed into NIKHANIT and SARA AA and to be in separate cells Returns: total chars consumed by the cell Gets first cell from the string bounded by s and len, and, if cell is not null, stores the cell data in it. size_t th_prev_cell (const thchar_t *s, size_tpos, struct thcell_t *cell, intis_decomp_am) Get previous cell from string. Parameters: s : the string pos : the position in string to get cell previous to cell : the output buffer is_decomp_am : whether SARA AM is to be decomposed into NIKHANIT and SARA AA and to be in separate cells Returns: total chars consumed by the cell Gets last cell from the string bounded by s and pos, and if cell is not null, stores the cell data in it. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libthai from the source code. Version 0.1.14 Tue Jun 17 2014 thai/thcell.h(3)