Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting dynamically change awk Field Separator FS Post 302347046 by satnamx on Monday 24th of August 2009 06:51:33 PM
Old 08-24-2009
Works a treat!

Top stuff..solution well fine

cheers for responding! :-)

regards
Satnam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change field separator of grep from : to space

Hi, All, I wonder how to change the field separator of grep from : to space when use grep to display. for example when I use grep -e 'pattern1' -e 'pattern2' -n filename to find patterns, it use : to separate patterns, but I want to use blank space. is there an option I can set to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jenny.palmy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't figure out what field separator to use in awk....

Hi Friends, Scripting newb here. So I'm trying to create a geektool script that uses awk and printf to output certain fields from top (namely command, cpu%, rsize, pid and time, in that order). Here's the input from the top process that I'm putting into awk: PID COMMAND %CPU ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thom.mattson
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Field separator in awk

Hi I need to check if field separator I am using in awk statement is " : ", for example: TIME=12:59 HOUR=`echo "$TIME" | awk '{FS=":"; print $1}'` MINUTES=`echo "$TIME" | awk '{FS=":"; print $2}'` Is there a way to check within the above awk statement ? Thanks for help -A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk (nawk) field separator

Hi; i have a file and i want to get; - If the last word in line 14 is NOT equal to "Set."; then print 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th values of 3rd line. and my code is: nawk 'NR==14 {if ($NF!="Set.") (NR==3{print $2,$3,$4,$5}) }' file.txt but no result?? :confused::(:confused::( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, comma as field separator and text inside double quotes as a field.

Hi, all I need to get fields in a line that are separated by commas, some of the fields are enclosed with double quotes, and they are supposed to be treated as a single field even if there are commas inside the quotes. sample input: for this line, 5 fields are supposed to be extracted, they... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change field separator only from nth field until NF

Hi ! input: 111|222|333|aaa|bbb|ccc 999|888|777|nnn|kkk 444|666|555|eee|ttt|ooo|ppp With awk, I am trying to change the FS "|" to "; " only from the 4th field until the end (the number of fields vary between records). In order to get: 111|222|333|aaa; bbb; ccc 999|888|777|nnn; kkk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beca123456
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - show field separator

I am using this code to insert something into a csv file: awk -F";" -v url=$url -v nr=$nr 'NR==nr{$2=url$2}1' file Why do I get the output field1 field2 instead of field1;field2 I have given -F";", so the field separator should surely be ";". (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk field separator

I need to set awk field separator to ";", but I need to avoid ";EXT". so that echo a;b;c;EXTd;e;f | awk -F";" '{print $3}' would give "c;EXTd" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk field separator help -

Hi Experts , file : - How to construct the awk filed separator so that $1, $2 $3 , can be assigned to the each "" range. I am trying : awk -F"]" '{print $1}' but it is printing the entire file. Not first field. The desired output needed for first field... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk field separator not working

Hi, can some some help to get me the right results, I have few text files, need to grep few columns from each file and get the results in one row with comma separated. my code is #folder=/nz/kit/log/backupsvr folder=/export/home/nz/valai/tmpfiles/ echo $folder for entry in `ls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ValaiG
4 Replies
THREADSCOPE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    THREADSCOPE(1)

NAME
threadscope - a graphical thread profiler for Haskell GHC programs SYNOPSIS
threadscope [program.eventlog] DESCRIPTION
Threadscope is a graphical thread profiler for Haskell programs. It parses and displays the content of .eventlog files emitted by the GHC 6.12.1 and later runtimes, showing a timeline of spark creation, spark-to-thread promotions and garbage collections. This helps debugging the parallel performance of Haskell programs, making easier to check that work is well balanced across the available processors and spot performance issues relating to garbage collection or poor load balancing. ARGUMENTS
threadscope takes the name of the GHC RTS event-log file to process as its single argument. If no filename is given, threadscope starts with an empty workspace, where any event-log file can be loaded by means of the GUI file browser facilities. USAGE
In order for threadscope to be useful, you have to compile your Haskell program to use GHC's threaded run-time and also to create runtime profile logs. This can be accomplished with the following command line options to ghc(1) $ ghc -threaded -eventlog --make Foo.hs -o foo Once the program is built, execute it using the multithreaded run-time, specifying the number of HECs (Haskell Execution Contexts) to use in the usual manner, but also requesting the creation of an event log. For example, to use two HECs and create an event log you would use $ foo +RTS -N2 -ls -RTS ... Once the program runs to completion, a file named foo.eventlog is produced. You can start threadscope from the shell prompt passing the event-log filename as the single argument, or you can start threadscope from the desktop menus and use its file browsing capabilities to find and open it. SEE ALSO
ghc(1) AUTHOR
threadscope was written by Simon Marlow <marlowsd@gmail.com> Donnie Jones <donnie@darthik.com> Satnam Singh <s.singh@ieee.org> This manual page was written by Ernesto Hernandez-Novich (USB) <emhn@usb.ve> for the Debian project (and may be used by others). June 28, 2010 THREADSCOPE(1)