Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How can I manage redundant HMC upgrades with firmware upgrades? Post 302346955 by balaji_prk on Monday 24th of August 2009 01:19:49 PM
Old 08-24-2009
Hey Joe..

Thanks for the quick response..

There are other managed systems conected to the HMC and not all of them are going for an upgrade.

Though I would have a backout plan if I just upgrade one of the HMC.

Bala

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware Upgrades..

Quick question would it effect Linux if I upgraded my Ram from 128RD Ram to 256RDRAM (I'm going to simply pop in a second 128 RAM chip)...would I need to change any configuration options etc or would Linux detect all this with no problem? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PravusMentis
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RedHat remote upgrades

Is there an easy (and safe) way to upgrade RedHat versions remotely? I know the difference between 7.2 and 7.3 is just a bunch of newer .rpm file versions. Or is there more? Do I have to boot the CD and choose upgrade? What if I'm 100 miles from the server and would like to avoid traveling there?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArkiMage
1 Replies

3. SuSE

Linux(Suse) Upgrades

Hello, Anyone out there deal with updating OS on linux servers remotely? We use Suse but like to hear what someone else does with any linux version. We have network connectivity to our remote locations but it's just a DSL connection, so some will be fast and some will be slow. Thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benefactr
1 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Solaris 10 and live upgrades

two articles related to live upgrades that i found useful and noteworthy. Solaris 10 5/08 Live Upgrade Gotcha :: Col’s Tech Stuff Solaris Live Upgrade and Patches :: Col’s Tech Stuff (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

5. AIX

HMC upgrades

Hey!!! Has anyone done HMC patch installation remotely? I would love to know if that would be possible. I have been doing through CD/DVD but hate to do the additional work of finding someone in the DC and sending him the CD's. I have seen the option to supply remote site. can that be helpful?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

6. AIX

Need to confirm something regarding TL upgrades

Hi everyone, My current AIX OS level is "7100-01-06-1241" and I am planning to upgrade it to " 7100-02-03 ". Can i directly upgrade it to "7100-02-03" from 7100-01-06" ? or first i need to upgrade the "7100-01-06" LPAR to TL 02 and then reboot and then upgrade it to TL 02 SP03 ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Phase III: CSS Flexbox Upgrades

On my never ending quest to get rid of table tags and make the site responsive for all device sizes, I plan to use CSS Flexbox with jQuery. I tried using Bootstrap Flex and CSS Grids, but none of these worked as easy and clean as CSS Flexbox. For example, today I changed the top header area... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Discussion (Thread) Tagging Upgrades

Dear All, I have made significant progress coding new discussion thread tagging features. As always, we want all users to tag thread and moderators to tag threads with relevant keywords. Moving forward, in addition to the #1 important "human tagging", we will also auto tag threads with one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
USBPROG(1)							      USBprog								USBPROG(1)

NAME
usbprog - Programmer for the USBprog hardware SYNOPSIS
usbprog [options] [commands] DESCRIPTION
USBprog has two modes: An interactive mode and a batch mode. Both mode use exactly the same commands. As every command takes a fixed number of arguments, no separator is necessary between commands -- just specify as much commands as you would like to execute. The help command gives a list of all commands, ? command can be used to get help for a specific command. Example: (usbprog) help (usbprog) ? upload OPTIONS
Following options can be specified, both for the interactive and the batch mode: -h | --help Prints a short help. -v | --version Prints the version number to standard output. -d | --datadir datadir Uses datadir instead of ~/.usbprog. -o | --offline Don't try to connect to the internet. Use the cached firmware and index file(s) only. -D | --debug Enable debugging output. COMMANDS
This section describes all commands. As mentioned above, the syntax is the same for interactive and batch usage. help This just prints an overview about every command, i.e. the command name and an one-sentence description. helpcmd | ? command Print a detailed description for command. exit | quit Quit the program. On Unix, you can also send an EOF by pressing Ctrl-d on your terminal. copying | license Prints a short license (GPL) text and the version number of the program. list | firmwares Prints a list of available firmwares. A [*] shows that the firmware is available in the offline cache. download firmware Downloads the specified firmware. Use the same string as you retrieved from the firmwares command described above. This command doesn't work in offline mode. info firmware Shows some basic information about firmware like what it does, the latest version number, the author and the USB ID which the USBprog device has after this firmware has been uploaded. See also the pins command. pins firmware This shows the PIN assignment of firmware and the meaning of the LED and jumpers. See also the info command for basic information about the firmware. cache clean | delete clean deletes all old firmware versions from the firmware cache, i.e. if the latest version of a firmware is 5, then it deletes the versions 0 to 4 if they are still on disk. The delete command deletes the whole firmware cache. Only the index and history file are in the cache directory after executing this command. devices Shows a list of connected USB devices related to USBprog. The currently used update device an be set with device and is also marked in the output. device number | name Sets the update device for the upload command. You have to use the integer number or the device name you retrieved from the devices command. upload firmware | file Uploads a new firmware. The firmware identifier can be found with the list command. Alternatively, you can also specify a file name on the disk. The extension doesn't matter. FILES
~/.usbprog/version.xml Index file, downloaded from http://www.ixbat.de/usbprog/versions.xml. ~/.usbprog/history The saved readline(1) history. ~/.usbprog/* The rest in that directory are firmware files. The naming scheme is name.version. AUTHOR
The USBprog program and documentation has been written by Bernhard Walle <bernhard@bwalle.de>. SEE ALSO
usbprog-gui(1), http://www.embedded-projects.net/index.php?page_id=135 0.2.0 2010-01-04 USBPROG(1)