Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Resource Optimization
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Resource Optimization Post 302346548 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 22nd of August 2009 10:29:59 PM
Old 08-22-2009
We do not support homework questions here. Check out the homework sub-forum here.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need *ONLINE* UNIX Scripting Resource

Hello, Can any of your UNIX gurus recommend a good online resource for learning UNIX scripting? I'll be doing a little bit of it, but not enough for me to feel motivated enough to go out and buy a book on it. Well, that, and I'm cheap! dstins (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dstinsman
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on optimization of the script

Hi, I have prepared script which is taking more time to process. find below script and help me with fast optimized script:- cat name.txt | while read line do name=$(echo $line| awk '{print $8}') MatchRecord=$(grep $name abc.txt | grep -v grep ) echo "$line | $MatchRecord" | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aju_kup
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script optimization

:o Hi, I am writing a script in which at some time, I need to get the process id of a special process and kill it... I am getting the PID as follows... ps -ef | grep $PKMS/scripts | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2 }'can we optimize it more further since my script already doing lot of other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.gkp
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script optimization

I have a file which contains 9,200,000. It contains 125 clolumns. I have to rearrange some columns and exclude some of them. I scripted the following script to do the same. It is working fine but it is taking more than 4hrs to do it. can it be optmized. Here is the script LOC="/sourcefile/"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_payne1234
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK optimization

Hello, Do you have any tips on how to optimize the AWK that gets the lines in the log between these XML tags? se2|6|<ns1:accountInfoRequest xmlns:ns1="http://www.123.com/123/ se2|6|etc2"> .... <some other tags> se2|6|</ns1:acc se2|6|ountInfoRequest> The AWK I'm using to get this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majormark
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX rm -rf error "rm: cannot remove `filename' : Device or resource busy"

Hi Everyone, I am trying to remove a directory: $ rm -rf directory_name/ rm: cannot remove `directory_name/filename': Device or resource busy What does this mean, and why can't I remove these files? I already tried moving into the directory, and removing the files individually, but I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna_Z
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPU optimization

hi guys , I have 10 scripts suppose 1.sh , 2.sh ,3.sh ,4.sh ......10.sh each takes some time ( for instance 2 minutes to 40 minutes ) my server can run around 3-4 files at a time suppose, 1.sh , 2.sh , 3.sh are running currently now as soon as ANY ONE of the gets finished i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gl@)!aTor
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code optimization

Hi all I wrote below code: #!/bin/sh R='\033 do you have any idea how to optimize my code ? (to make it shorter eg.) (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: primo102
11 Replies
MACUTIL(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   MACUTIL(1)

NAME
macutil - A package that deals with MacIntosh files on a Unix system DESCRIPTION
macutil is a package that contains a number of utilities that deal with MacIntosh files on a Unix system. It contains the following pro- grams: binhex Convert files to BinHex 4.0 compatible hexified form. frommac Receives files from the MacIntosh on the Unix system. hexbin Convert hexified files to their MacIntosh format. macsave Save a series of files from a MacBinary stream as individual files. macstream Combine a series of files to a MacBinary stream. macunpack Unpack a MacIntosh archive into its constituents. tomac Transmits files from the Unix system to a MacIntosh. BUGS
This manual page is hopelessly incomplete! SEE ALSO
binhex(1), frommac(1), hexbin(1), macsave(1), macstream(1), macunpack(1), tomac(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACUTIL(1)