Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Output of ls command on Cygwin Post 302346533 by milhan on Saturday 22nd of August 2009 07:04:21 PM
Old 08-22-2009
Output of ls command on Cygwin

what does the '+' sign stand for on the output of ls command on cygwin?

Code:
-rw-------+ 1 milhan None  146783 Jun 19 12:10 schedule.pdf
-rw-------+ 1 milhan None     320 Aug 15 17:14 current.txt
-rw-------  1 milhan None   24576 Dec 28  2008 fdfd.txt

Last edited by milhan; 08-22-2009 at 09:30 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed command in cygwin

I am new to unix and lerning tru cygwin (unix simulation on windows) i am trying to lern sed command and want to interchange first and second no in a string. What i mean is i want gauri 1234 556 to gauri 556 1234 i am getting the following error $ echo gauri 1234 556 | sed s/\(*\)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauri_agr
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

how to return cygwin output to DOS

Hi, I have installed cygwin on my windows XP system. And I am trying to use the following code snippet: set SERVER="grep JDBCConnectionPool config.xml | gawk -F; '{print $2}'" sed -i 's/%SERVER%/WLMDEVDB1/' config.xml But it doesn't work because at runtime %SERVER% gets replaced by "grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: illcar
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Fixing Cygwin Command Line

How do I change my command line to the standard appearance? (i.e.: The pwd is listed in green above the actual command line). Mine looks like http://sites.google.com/site/flcl178/Cygwin_Window_1.png and I want it to look like this http://sites.google.com/site/flcl178/cygwinLinkSetup.gif ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LanguidLegend
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to execute a command in Cygwin?

Hi, I have installed CYGWIN software in my system, can anyone suggest me how to run cat command in this software ? when i attempt to execute this command- $ cat /cygdrive/c/Program\Files/hello.txt. Result: No such file or directory. Please let me know how to execute. Regards, Kiran. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kiran S
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash command in makefile (cygwin)

Hello, In my make file (make 3.81), I use a combination of shell commands to automatically create the name of my build directory. OS := $(shell uname -s) ARCH := $(shell uname -m) KERN := $(shell uname -r | cut -d. -f 1,2) BDIR := $(OS)_$(KERN).$(ARCH)When I boot into different OSs, I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange suppression of output with bash and cygwin

Hi, although I am not expert in bash, so please forgive me if this is silly, I think that this is strange: I have this command: find . -type f -print0 |xargs -0 grep -i -e 'some rexp' and it works fine. But when I create a bash script (on cygwin) to run this command, there is no output !!!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niki999
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect time command output to file (cygwin bash)

I have set up a bash script to run a long list of things that I need to time. I would like to redirect the output of time to a file. I have set it up like, echo "Runtimes for servlet 4, 100K structures" > test_times.txt echo "" >> test_times.txt echo "runs where N=10" >> test_times.txt echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert title as output of command to appended file if no output from command

I am using UNIX to create a script on our system. I have setup my commands to append their output to an outage file. However, some of the commands return no output and so I would like something to take their place. What I need The following command is placed at the prompt: TICLI... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command awk under CYGWIN

One my friend wrote one script on his machine linux, when I try to use it under cygwin I recive one error about the command awk. Is there someone can suggest me the way to fix the error? The script is wrote using gawk and I have no idea what kind of comand is used by cygwin. This is the script:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapiocapioca
8 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)