Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting fnsplit, Extract filename from path Post 302346517 by danmero on Saturday 22nd of August 2009 04:21:11 PM
Old 08-22-2009
Code:
str='./filename.file.ext'
# echo $str | sed "s,.*/\(.*\)\..*$,\1,"
filename.file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove path from filename

In a foreach loop I end up with $file containing the filename INCLUDING the whole path. I want this reduced to just the filename, but I can't seem to remember how I did it some years back. I am sure I can do it with "sed", but I am pretty sure I have seen a simpler command. Anyone? borgeh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: borgeh
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

get filename from absolute path in batch program

hey im writing batch program for the first time and i have almost finished it the only problem is that i want to extract basename from absolute path for eg : if my first argument is c:\abcd\xyz\temp.txt then i want only temp.txt in variable. and how do i extract some part from string for eg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to check whether a directory or filename path is valid or not

the script on excution should take a directory path from useran a numric input and it should check indicate whether its write or not? if the cmmd sh<script-name>,dir/path.<500>" is greater than 500 in size should be copied to dir ,temp in pwd and display the mesage'files of 2000 bytes hav been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukr
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

one liner to extract path from PATH variable

Hi, Could anyone help me in writing a single line code by either using (sed, awk, perl or whatever) to extract a specific path from the PATH environment variable? for eg: suppose the PATH is being set as follows PATH=/usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin/java:/usr/bin/perl3.4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting filename with entire path without extension

Hi Experts, need one help.. m writing a shell script for which i need the entire path of the file but without its extension. running the below script gives error at the statement DIR = `dirname $FILE` --command not found. #!/bin/bash jar xvf *jar for FILE in `find . -name "*.class"` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicableperson
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split Filename from Absolute Path

Hello, I have the string "/a/b/c/ddd.txt" and i want to get only the filename, in this case "ddd.txt". I have as something known in the script the pattern "/a/b/c/", so I`ve tried something like: echo "/a/b/c/ddd.txt" | cut -d "/a/b/c/" -f2 but it doesn`t go, any help?. thanks, bye (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubber08
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove filename from the path

Hi, I have a list of paths with files at the end. How can strip off filenames. This is what I have: /apps/test/abc/file.txt /apps/new/home/daily/report.xml /apps/old/home/weekly/out/test.sh This is what I need: /apps/test/abc/ /apps/new/home/daily/ /apps/old/home/weekly/out/ ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djanu
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

9. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting using filename of a path

Hi all! i have a question how do you sort the filename of a path directory according to alphabetic order. Example: sort according to highlighted text. There maybe space for filename Path=/home/pikamon/Desktop/ABC; Path=/home/pikamon/Desktop/ABD; Path=/home/pikamon/Desktop/Riduan la;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pikamon
5 Replies
ASNMACRO(1)						     NCBI Tools User's Manual						       ASNMACRO(1)

NAME
asnmacro - process ASN.1 biological data per Sequin macros SYNOPSIS
asnmacro [-] [-b] [-d] [-e] [-i filename] -m filename [-o filename] [-p path] [-r path] [-s str] [-x str] DESCRIPTION
asnmacro is a command-line tool to run Sequin macros on annotated biological sequence data represented according to NCBI's ASN.1 specifica- tions. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. - Print usage message -b Input is Binary -d Output is binary -e Input is a Seq-Entry -i filename Single input file -m filename Macro file -o filename Single Output file -p path Path to multiple input files -r path Path for Results when processing multiple files -s str Suffix for stripped (output) files -x str Suffix for input files with -p (.sqn by default) AUTHOR
The National Center for Biotechnology Information. SEE ALSO
Psequin(1). NCBI
2011-09-02 ASNMACRO(1)