Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in using AND OR condition together Post 302346499 by methyl on Saturday 22nd of August 2009 01:02:42 PM
Old 08-22-2009
Regardless of the precedence the parentheses make the condition more readable.
I quite like the idea of bracketing both sizes of the and (&&):

Code:
if ([ "a" = "b" ]) && ([ "b" = "b" ] || [ "a" = "a" ]); then echo YES; fi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition problem

Hi Guys, I want to use if conition for my script. Before I used it tried it with some small test scripts. But it was not succeeded. My script and screen output as follows, Script: echo 'Do you think Yes or No (y/n) : ' read ans echo You input anser as $ans ans1=y if ( $ans == $ans1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with if condition

hi, :) pls consider the following if statement if //g') ] then ........ else ....... when i execute the script i am getting the following error '(' unexpected I am not able to find the mistake. could anybody tell where i did mistake. cheers RRK (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in if condition

hi, actully i need the belp for the below. host_list=" Host1 host2 host3 host4 " n=`hostname` i need to put the condition like the below if n is among the host mention in the host_list if then #some stugg else # some other stuff fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in if then else condition

Hi , I am trying the following simple script . But it is always giving 1 output. Dont know why #!/bin/sh find . -name "a.log" if ; then echo "1" else echo "0" fi Kindly advice. it is giving 1 output even when the a.log file is not there (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
26 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in if condition

Hi all, I have task to delete two different files from all file system. one is core file & other is old file. i can delete core file but for old file i have to mv in different location. i wrote a script but it is not working. i have a two variables in this script first one is delcnt &... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dravi_laxmi
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition problem

Hi, I need to use if condition for search a file pattern on a particular location. cd $file_Path if || then do this else do that fi Can someone help me with the if part, how i can put those conditions? make sure format should be *.file* and *.file file is a keyword which i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with IF condition .

Hi i am writing a script where i am running , 5 scripts together in 1 script . Now what i want is when these 5 scripts run completely , i should execute some other commands like i have compile the data etc. I have have 5 echo statements at the end of all those scripts . Like echo "1 is done" in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: honey26
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition problem

Hi All, I am using below if condition to check whether null is passed as a parameter to the program if or ; then echo "ABC">>$FILE else echo "CDF">>$FILE fi However it is saying me null=null command not found . Please help me with this (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition problem

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to condition it correctly. cat file1.txt 290,1663,43,888,0,0.00,86.91,0.00,26.98,0.00 290,1663,52,0,0,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00 290,1663,52,888,0,0.00,34.60,0.00,9.00,0.00 1st scenario: if the fourth column contains 888s and 0s it is by... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
16 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)