Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KSH to group records in a file and compare it with another file Post 302346482 by malcomex999 on Saturday 22nd of August 2009 09:14:43 AM
Old 08-22-2009
Based on your prevoius actual post...Try this...
Code:
awk -F"," 'NR==FNR{arr[$1","$2]++}NR!=FNR {for(i in arr){
split(i,ss,",");
if(ss[2]==$1) print i","$2}}' dept emp |
sort -t "," -nr +2 | awk -F"," '{arr[$1]=$0}END{for (i in arr){print arr[i]}}'

For Emp# 23193, in the same Dept. you are having another Emp# with the same salary. So it picked up the first one.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find and group records in a file

Hi, I have this file which has 3 columns, District , stores and unit. What I want is all rows belonging to one district to be created separately under each district, the districts may vary every day , the source file may have 3 districts today and may have 160 tomorrow, so what I need is a... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumsup9
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/ksh script to cleanup /etc/group file

Many of my servers' /etc/group file have many userid's that does not exist in /etc/passwd file and they need to be deleted. This happened due to manual manipulation of /etc/passwd files. I need to do this for 40 servers. Can anyone help me in achieving this? Even reducing a step or two will be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare fields in a file with duplicate records

Hi: I've been searching the net but didnt find a clue. I have a file in which, for some records, some fields coincide. I want to compare one (or more) of the dissimilar fields and retain the one record that fulfills a certain condition. For example, on this file: 99 TR 1991 5 06 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rleal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to group records in a file

hi, I have records like this D127@dm.com,127,569,BRAD,25/08/2009 23:59 D127@dm.com,127,569,BRAD,25/08/2009 23:59 D159@dm.com,159,1170,DAVE,25/08/2009 23:59 D159@dm.com,159,1181,HALE,25/08/2009 23:59 D393@dm.com,393,1209,CAPIT,25/08/2009 23:59 D457@dm.com,457,571,NORTT,25/08/2009 23:59... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh coding to extract records from file

Hello, I have a file with various records in it (from length 30 - 195) and I want to run a script to read each line and copy only the recl=80 files to an output file. Any help much appreciated (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk script to compare records of a file based on a particular column.

Hi Gurus, I am struggling with nawk command where i am processing a file based on columns. Here is the sample data file. UM113570248|24-AUG-11|4|man1|RR211 Alert: Master Process failure |24-AUG-11 UM113570624|24-AUG-11|4|man1| Alert: Pattern 'E_DCLeDAOException' found |24-AUG-11... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare data from 2 zip files and capture the new records from file2 to a new file

I have 2 zip files which have about 20 million records in each file. file 2 will have additional records than file 1. I want to compare the records in both the files and capture the new records from file 2 into another file file3. Please help me with a command/script which provides me the desired... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: koneru
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files, identify common records and combine unique values into one file

Good morning all, I have a problem that is one step beyond a standard awk compare. I would like to compare three files which have several thousand records against a fourth file. All of them have a value in each row that is identical, and one value in each of those rows which may be duplicated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nashton
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - compare records of 1 file with 3 files

hi.. I want to compare records present in 1 file with those in 3 other files and print those records of file 1 which are not present in any of the files. for eg - file1 file2 file3 file4 1 1 5 7 2 2 6 9 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To group records in the file in UNIX

Hi All, I am using RHEL 6.9. I got a requirement to group the records in a file.The file content as shown below. #### FAILED JOBS IN XXX ##### 1> ABCD failed in the project XXX 2> HJK Job is in compiled state in the project XXX 3> ILKD failed in the project XXX 4> DFG failed in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
5 Replies
LOCALE_LOOKUP(3)							 1							  LOCALE_LOOKUP(3)

Locale::lookup - Searches the language tag list for the best match to the language

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
publicstatic string Locale::lookup (array $langtag, string $locale, [bool $canonicalize = false], [string $default]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style string locale_lookup (array $langtag, string $locale, [bool $canonicalize = false], [string $default]) Searches the items in $langtag for the best match to the language range specified in $locale according to RFC 4647's lookup algorithm. PARAMETERS
o $langtag - An array containing a list of language tags to compare to $locale. Maximum 100 items allowed. o $locale - The locale to use as the language range when matching. o $canonicalize - If true, the arguments will be converted to canonical form before matching. o $default - The locale to use if no match is found. RETURN VALUES
The closest matching language tag or default value. EXAMPLES
Example #1 locale_lookup(3) example <?php $arr = array( 'de-DEVA', 'de-DE-1996', 'de', 'de-De' ); echo locale_lookup($arr, 'de-DE-1996-x-prv1-prv2', true, 'en_US'); ?> Example #2 OO example <?php $arr = array( 'de-DEVA', 'de-DE-1996', 'de', 'de-De' ); echo Locale::lookup($arr, 'de-DE-1996-x-prv1-prv2', true, 'en_US'); ?> The above example will output: de_de_1996 SEE ALSO
locale_filter_matches(3). PHP Documentation Group LOCALE_LOOKUP(3)