Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming running PLSQL scripts through shell script Post 302346460 by Scott on Saturday 22nd of August 2009 05:48:29 AM
Old 08-22-2009
Hi.

MODEL1 and MODE2 are schemas or databases? There's no PL/SQL in your examples...

Code:
Test.sh
==========
sqlplus test/test << !
@test
@test2
!

test.sql
==========
show user
select round(788/100) "Value" from dual;

test2.sql
==========
conn scott/tiger@DB1
show user
select round(788/100) "Value" from dual;

> ./Test.sh
SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Fri Aug 21 14:53:40 2009
Copyright (c) 1982, 2006, Oracle.  All Rights Reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production
With the Partitioning and Data Mining options
SQL> USER is "TEST"
     Value
----------
Connected.
USER is "SCOTT"
     Value
----------
SQL> Disconnected from Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production
With the Partitioning and Data Mining options

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running SQL Scripts from Shell script - Need insight!

I've a script that fetches various values from the database as below: #! /bin/ksh $conn="user/pwd@service_name" `sqlplus -s << $conn EOF1 @xyz.sql @pqr.sql @abc.sql EOF1` The output of the script should generate txt files containing the results from queries which are further... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem running plsql & unix commands in 1 script

Hi, I need help again. When I run this shell script, it only runs the unld_date.sql piece and exits. How can I structure this to run all the way to the end? When I don't have the unld_date.sql piece in here, everything runs fine from the date compare piece all the way to the end. Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siog
5 Replies

3. Programming

UNIX Shell Script to Create a Document of a PLSQL code.

Hi All, I am supposed to present the documentation for the PLSQL code (PACKAGES, PROCEDURE, FUNCTIONS) of my application. There are sufficient comments in my code. Has anyone written any Shell Script Utility which can parse the PLSQL code and generate some kind of document ( preferrably HTML not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravsachan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Parse PLSQL code?

Hi All, I am supposed to present the documentation for the PLSQL code (PACKAGES, PROCEDURE, FUNCTIONS) of my application. There are sufficient comments in my code. Has anyone written any Shell Script Utility which can parse the PLSQL code and generate some kind of document ( preferrably HTML not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravsachan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic running of Shell scripts

Hi, I have this problem of merging 2 shell scripts and run it one after the other. For eg: script A runs to give OutputA. This OutputA should become the input of script B which will run to give OuputB. Now this has to happen automatically i.e, script A and script B should run consecutively one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vindhyaauri
1 Replies

6. Programming

Executing shell script from PLSQL

Hi All, I have a requirement to mv a file in unix from plsql procedure. for that i have created a java host procedure, a host_command, given all grants as per ORACLE-BASE - Oracle8i Shell Commands From PL/SQL but i am getting an error ""Process err :/bin/sh: mv Not Found"" kindly let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aryan_styles
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script from plsql trigger

Hi, I have been assigned a job which requires me to send mails from unix(Mailx) upon on certain actions triggered in the database. On insert/update of a certain field into one of the database tables the shell script present in Unix box responsible to send mail though mailx needs to be triggered... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemant.bs11
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a plsql procedure through shell script

I have a plsql procedure inside a package which is having one IN parameter .I want to call that procedure through a shell script and that IN parameter is a column of a table in the database. So my requirement is that i need to loop all the entries of that IN parameter from the table through shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rspnf
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating IN list in PLSQL script dynamically by using shell script

Hi all, I have a PLSQL script which has a IN list where it takes some ids as input. For example SELECT * FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE EMPLOYEE_ID IN (comma separated list ) I want to run this quest inside a shell script but I would like to prepare the IN list dynamically where the employee ids... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running plsql using printf command on bash shell

I am running plsql using printf on a shell, but i am getting some strange error, can someone point what exactly am i missing, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash $ printf " > SET serveroutput ON trimspool on feed off echo off > declare > p_val number; > d_val varchar2(10); > begin > SELECT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies
CLUSTERDB(1)						  PostgreSQL Client Applications					      CLUSTERDB(1)

NAME
clusterdb - cluster a PostgreSQL database SYNOPSIS
clusterdb [ connection-options... ] [ --table | -t table ] [ dbname ] clusterdb [ connection-options... ] [ --all | -a ] DESCRIPTION
clusterdb is a utility for reclustering tables in a PostgreSQL database. It finds tables that have previously been clustered, and clusters them again on the same index that was last used. Tables that have never been clustered are not touched. clusterdb is a shell script wrapper around the backend command CLUSTER [cluster(7)] via the PostgreSQL interactive terminal psql(1). There is no effective difference between clustering databases via this or other methods. psql must be found by the script and a database server must be running at the targeted host. Also, any default settings and environment variables available to psql and the libpq front-end library do apply. clusterdb might need to connect several times to the PostgreSQL server, asking for a password each time. It is convenient to have a $HOME/.pgpass file in such cases. OPTIONS
clusterdb accepts the following command-line arguments: -a --all Cluster all databases. [-d] dbname [--dbname] dbname Specifies the name of the database to be clustered. If this is not specified and -a (or --all) is not used, the database name is read from the environment variable PGDATABASE. If that is not set, the user name specified for the connection is used. -e --echo Echo the commands that clusterdb generates and sends to the server. -q --quiet Do not display a response. -t table --table table Clusters table only. clusterdb also accepts the following command-line arguments for connection parameters: -h host --host host Specifies the host name of the machine on which the server is running. If host begins with a slash, it is used as the directory for the Unix domain socket. -p port --port port Specifies the Internet TCP/IP port or local Unix domain socket file extension on which the server is listening for connections. -U username --username username User name to connect as -W --password Force password prompt. DIAGNOSTICS
CLUSTER Everything went well. clusterdb: Cluster failed. Something went wrong. clusterdb is only a wrapper script. See CLUSTER [cluster(7)] and psql(1) for a detailed discussion of error messages and potential problems. Note that this message may appear once per table to be clustered. ENVIRONMENT
PGDATABASE PGHOST PGPORT PGUSER Default connection parameters. EXAMPLES
To cluster the database test: $ clusterdb test To cluster a single table foo in a database named xyzzy: $ clusterdb --table foo xyzzy SEE ALSO
CLUSTER [cluster(7)] Application 2002-11-22 CLUSTERDB(1)