Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in using AND OR condition together Post 302346406 by methyl on Friday 21st of August 2009 08:51:30 PM
Old 08-21-2009
cfajohnson solution has shown that the parentheses in Frankin52's solution only clarified the command line.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition problem

Hi Guys, I want to use if conition for my script. Before I used it tried it with some small test scripts. But it was not succeeded. My script and screen output as follows, Script: echo 'Do you think Yes or No (y/n) : ' read ans echo You input anser as $ans ans1=y if ( $ans == $ans1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with if condition

hi, :) pls consider the following if statement if //g') ] then ........ else ....... when i execute the script i am getting the following error '(' unexpected I am not able to find the mistake. could anybody tell where i did mistake. cheers RRK (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in if condition

hi, actully i need the belp for the below. host_list=" Host1 host2 host3 host4 " n=`hostname` i need to put the condition like the below if n is among the host mention in the host_list if then #some stugg else # some other stuff fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in if then else condition

Hi , I am trying the following simple script . But it is always giving 1 output. Dont know why #!/bin/sh find . -name "a.log" if ; then echo "1" else echo "0" fi Kindly advice. it is giving 1 output even when the a.log file is not there (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
26 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in if condition

Hi all, I have task to delete two different files from all file system. one is core file & other is old file. i can delete core file but for old file i have to mv in different location. i wrote a script but it is not working. i have a two variables in this script first one is delcnt &... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dravi_laxmi
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition problem

Hi, I need to use if condition for search a file pattern on a particular location. cd $file_Path if || then do this else do that fi Can someone help me with the if part, how i can put those conditions? make sure format should be *.file* and *.file file is a keyword which i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with IF condition .

Hi i am writing a script where i am running , 5 scripts together in 1 script . Now what i want is when these 5 scripts run completely , i should execute some other commands like i have compile the data etc. I have have 5 echo statements at the end of all those scripts . Like echo "1 is done" in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: honey26
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition problem

Hi All, I am using below if condition to check whether null is passed as a parameter to the program if or ; then echo "ABC">>$FILE else echo "CDF">>$FILE fi However it is saying me null=null command not found . Please help me with this (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition problem

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to condition it correctly. cat file1.txt 290,1663,43,888,0,0.00,86.91,0.00,26.98,0.00 290,1663,52,0,0,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00 290,1663,52,888,0,0.00,34.60,0.00,9.00,0.00 1st scenario: if the fourth column contains 888s and 0s it is by... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
16 Replies
pthread_cond_signal(3T) 												   pthread_cond_signal(3T)

NAME
pthread_cond_signal(), pthread_cond_broadcast() - unblock one or all threads waiting on a condition variable SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
cond Pointer to the condition variable to be signaled or broadcast. DESCRIPTION
The function is used to wake-up one of the threads that are waiting for the occurrence of a condition associated with condition variable cond. If there are no threads blocked on cond, this function has no effect. If more than one thread is blocked on cond, the scheduling policy determines which thread is unblocked. It is possible that more than one thread can be unblocked due to a spurious wakeup. The function is used to wake-up all threads that are waiting for the occurrence of a condition associated with the condition variable cond. If there are no threads blocked on cond, this function has no effect. If more than one thread is blocked on cond, the scheduling policy determines the order in which threads are unblocked. The condition variabled denoted by cond must have been dynamically initialized by a call to or statically initialized with the macro An unblocked thread will reacquire the mutex it held when it started the condition wait before returning from or The threads that are unblocked contend for the mutex according to their scheduling policy and priority. The or functions can be called by a thread whether or not it currently owns the condition variable's associated mutex. For predictable scheduling behavior and to prevent lost wake-ups, the mutex should be held when signaling a condition variable. Usage When using condition variables, there is a boolean predicate associated with each condition wait. If this predicate is false, the thread should do a condition wait. Spurious wakeups may occur when waiting on a condition variable. Because the return values from and do not imply anything about the value of this predicate, the predicate should always be re-evaluated. Applications using condition variables typically acquire a mutex and enter a loop which checks the predicate. Depending on the value of the predicate, the thread either breaks out of the loop or waits on the condition. On return from the condition wait, the predicate is re- evaluated. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the and functions return the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] cond is not a valid condition variable. [EFAULT] cond parameter points to an illegal address. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_cond_init(3T), pthread_cond_wait(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_cond_signal(3T)