Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with reading from a properties file Post 302346354 by Corona688 on Friday 21st of August 2009 03:43:26 PM
Old 08-21-2009
Once again, please use CODE tags to clean up the formatting there. It's very hard to read!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me ...problem in reading a file

hi, while reading a file line by line # name of the script is scriptrd while read line do echo $line done while executing bash$ ./scriptrd if i give the input as * the output is like it displays the contents of the current directory i jus wanted it to print as * (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brkavi_in
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in reading a file

i need to read record by record i use script #!/bin/ksh for i in 'cat filename' do echo $1 done but i dont get expected result i just get filename echoed on screen (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with retrieving values from properties file

I have an input file like RMS_RPT_PERIOD_DIM,Table,NYTD_SLS_DM,GPS_SLS_DM1,NYTD_SLS_GPS_INT,RMS_DM,byreddys,7/31/2009,byreddys,7/31/2009,Y,//depot/eqr/salesgps/trunk/src/db/table,TBL_GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS.sql,1.1,,lakshmi,sql,y... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in reading a file content

Hi, I am reading a file line by line using read line function of while loop. Each line contains 4 fields. I want to take these 4 values in 4 variables in each iteration so that i can use them in my script. The issue here is that my awk command is returning awkward results - Here is a sample line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garman
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in reading a file

Hi Guys, I am having a file which does not have any name when i do a ls -l -rw-r--r-- 1 dctrdat1 dctrdata 35 Feb 09 08:04 -rw-r--r-- 1 dctrdat1 dctrdata 11961 Feb 08 06:40 DAI_data.txt Now i want to see what is inside that file. Can you please let me know how to read... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in reading file (bash)

i get a name from user first name : last name, in this format. Now i am saving this to a file. what i want is, I do not want to save any name if I already have one entry o that same name..what should i do for example user give robert fernandez this will save in file as robert:fernandez. if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the Properties File From Shell script

Hi, I am new to the shell script please I need help for following question. I have properties file name called "com.test.properties" I have No of key values in this properties. com.person.name = xyz com.person.age = 55 com.person.address = hello I want read this properties but i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venukjs
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading in properties file

Hi Am new to this scripting stuff so bear with me. I got a script made now that reads in a properties file. The properties file is in the following format: 256= Bos, Sea, FRa 128= HEL I want to be able to read in each line of the file and split out the letter fields by the numbered field. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

9. AIX

Reading .properties file on AIX and Windows

I have a FirstDoc application that integrates with SharePoint 2010. As per the FirstDoc install guide, I need to generate the sharepoint_authentication properties file and place it on the server and the 2 Windows boxes that contain other components of the app. The properties file I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading properties from file and setting variable values

I want to read properties from a file and print evaluated values of each key. I am using AIX6.1. myfile.props protocol=http siteA.host=siteAhostname pageA=pageNameA siteAURL1=${protocol}:/${siteA.host}/pagea/blabla?v1=32 siteAURL2=${protocol}:/${siteA.host}/${pageA}/blabla?v1=32... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
5 Replies
GLOBUS-JOB-CLEAN(1)						  GRAM5 Commands					       GLOBUS-JOB-CLEAN(1)

NAME
globus-job-clean - Cancel and clean up a GRAM batch job SYNOPSIS
globus-job-clean [-r RESOURCE | -resource RESOURCE] [-f | -force] [-q | -quiet] JOBID globus-job-clean [-help] [-usage] [-version] [-versions] DESCRIPTION
The globus-job-clean program cancels the job named by JOBID if it is still running, and then removes any cached files on the GRAM service node related to that job. In order to do the file clean up, it submits a job which removes the cache files. By default this cleanup job is submitted to the default GRAM resource running on the same host as the job. This behavior can be controlled by specifying a resource manager contact string as the parameter to the -r or -resource option. By default, globus-job-clean prompts the user prior to canceling the job. This behavior can be overridden by specifying the -f or -force command-line options. OPTIONS
The full set of options to globus-job-clean are: -help, -usage Display a help message to standard error and exit. -version Display the software version of the globus-job-clean program to standard output. -version Display the software version of the globus-job-clean program including DiRT information to standard output. -resource RESOURCE, -r RESOURCE Submit the clean-up job to the resource named by RESOURCE instead of the default GRAM service on the same host as the job contact. -force, -f Do not prompt to confirm job cancel and clean-up. -quiet, -q Do not print diagnostics for succesful clean-up. Implies -f ENVIRONMENT
If the following variables affect the execution of globus-job-clean. X509_USER_PROXY Path to proxy credential. X509_CERT_DIR Path to trusted certificate directory. University of Chicago 03/18/2010 GLOBUS-JOB-CLEAN(1)