Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with retrieving values from properties file Post 302346316 by sailaja_80 on Friday 21st of August 2009 01:23:21 PM
Old 08-21-2009
Problem with retrieving values from properties file

I have an input file like
Code:
RMS_RPT_PERIOD_DIM,Table,NYTD_SLS_DM,GPS_SLS_DM1,NYTD_SLS_GPS_INT,RMS_DM,byreddys,7/31/2009,byreddys,7/31/2009,Y,//depot/eqr/salesgps/trunk/src/db/table,TBL_GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS.sql,1.1,,lakshmi,sql,y
GPS_SLS_DM1,Table,NYTD_SLS_GPS,GPS_SLS_DM1,NYTD_SLS_GPS_INT,GPS_SLS_DM_IN,byreddys,8/3/2009,byreddys,8/3/2009,Y,//depot/eqr/salesgps/trunk/src/db/schema,GPS_SLS_DM,1.1,,lakshmi,sql,y

Now i want to read these records in a while loop one after another
My code is liek this.
Code:
Object_Name=0
OBJECT_TYPE=1
Source_DB_Name=2
Source_Schema=3
Target_DB_Name=4
Target_Schema=5
DATA_LOAD=10
Perforce_Directory_Name=11
Perforce_Script_Name=12
DB_TYPE_IDX=15
PROCESS_IDX=16
while read line
do
# tokenize the string by ",". 
var=(`echo $line | tr ',' ' '`)
 if [ "${var[$PROCESS_IDX]}" == "y" ]; then
log_it  "entered to process record ${num}"
It works fine. But when i am declaring these values in a seperate file like
a.prop
Object_Name=0
OBJECT_TYPE=1
Source_DB_Name=2
Source_Schema=3
Target_DB_Name=4
Target_Schema=5
DATA_LOAD=10
Perforce_Directory_Name=11
Perforce_Script_Name=12
DB_TYPE_IDX=15
PROCESS_IDX=16
and my code now is 
#!/bin/ksh
# Set up the environment
. a.prop
while read line
do
# tokenize the string by ",". 
var=(`echo $line | tr ',' ' '`)
echo $PROCESS_IDX 
 if [ "${var[$PROCESS_IDX]}" == "y" ]; then
log_it  "entered to process record ${num}"

echo $PROCESS_IDX is printing 16
but
if [ "${var[$PROCESS_IDX]}" == "y" ]; is failing it says : arithmetic syntax error 16
Please help me to resolve this issue.

Last edited by vgersh99; 08-21-2009 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: code tags, PLEASE!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Depot file properties

Hi How can we identify the informations like Author, meta data, dependency and other information from a depot file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sethumadhavan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File properties

Hi , I do have a line in my code as follows: if ] ; then ... else ... fi What does the -z does ? Similarly there is -s in some other part of the code. I guess there are many options like this.. Can anybody please tell what all options are available and what do they mean ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with reading from a properties file

Hi, i have a properties file a.prop where entry is like PROCESS_IDX=0 Now in my shell schript i am doing like this. #!/bin/sh . a.prop .............. -....................... while read line do # tokenize the string by ",". var=(`echo $line | tr ',' ' '`) echo $PROCESS_IDX -->... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving values from tab-delimited file in unix script

Hi I am trying to retrieve values from a tab-delimited file.I am using while read record value=`echo $record | cut -f12` done Where 12 is the column no i want retieve and record is one line of the file. But it is returning the full record. Plz help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading in properties file

Hi Am new to this scripting stuff so bear with me. I got a script made now that reads in a properties file. The properties file is in the following format: 256= Bos, Sea, FRa 128= HEL I want to be able to read in each line of the file and split out the letter fields by the numbered field. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving values from the oracle table

Hi, How to retrieve two different date values(min & max) from the oracle table and assign to two different variables in the shell script to process further. With Regards (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
8 Replies

7. AIX

Retrieving printer queue properties

Hi everyone! I've been stuck with a job I'm struggling with. A while back we loaded a large number of printer queues into our AIX environment through smit. Since then some of the details have gone astray, including full details on the older printer queues. I need to gather together details on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoverbury
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting filenames from julian day to yyyy-mm-dd and retrieving weekly mean values

Hi, I need help to convert the filenames of my 9-year daily files (1999-2007) from a julian day to yyyy-mm-dd format. my original files are patterned likes the ones below. 1999001.txt 1999002.txt 1999003.txt 1999004.txt ... 1999365.txt desired output: 19990101.txt 19990102.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving values from a line in text file

Hi, I am new to Unix/ksh script and will like to check how do I retrieve just the count of '258' in the last line in a text file ? There will be this "TRL" appended with number of count at the last line in a text file . TRL0000000258 var=`grep 'TRL' $HOME/folder/test.txt | wc -l` ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowfrost
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading properties from file and setting variable values

I want to read properties from a file and print evaluated values of each key. I am using AIX6.1. myfile.props protocol=http siteA.host=siteAhostname pageA=pageNameA siteAURL1=${protocol}:/${siteA.host}/pagea/blabla?v1=32 siteAURL2=${protocol}:/${siteA.host}/${pageA}/blabla?v1=32... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
5 Replies
BOOLVAL(3)								 1								BOOLVAL(3)

boolval - Get the boolean value of a variable

SYNOPSIS
boolean boolval (mixed $var) DESCRIPTION
Returns the boolean value of $var. PARAMETERS
o $var - The scalar value being converted to a boolean. RETURN VALUES
The boolean value of $var. EXAMPLES
Example #1 boolval(3) examples <?php echo '0: '.(boolval(0) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '42: '.(boolval(42) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '0.0: '.(boolval(0.0) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '4.2: '.(boolval(4.2) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '"": '.(boolval("") ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '"string": '.(boolval("string") ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '"0": '.(boolval("0") ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '"1": '.(boolval("1") ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '[1, 2]: '.(boolval([1, 2]) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '[]: '.(boolval([]) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo 'stdClass: '.(boolval(new stdClass) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; ?> The above example will output: 0: false 42: true 0.0: false 4.2: true "": false "string": true "0": false "1": true [1, 2]: true []: false stdClass: true SEE ALSO
floatval(3), intval(3), strval(3), settype(3), is_bool(3), Type juggling. PHP Documentation Group BOOLVAL(3)