Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to open a specific port
Operating Systems Solaris how to open a specific port Post 302346144 by dennysv on Friday 21st of August 2009 06:30:16 AM
Old 08-21-2009
If you want to open your own port using your own program, read about TCP/IP api and create your own daemon.

If you just want an application to listen on a port you can configure Inetd to listen on specific port for you. check /etc/inetd.conf

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

open port

How can I open a port on linux machine ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
5 Replies

2. AIX

How to open a port in AIX

Hi Guys, i am trying to open a port in AIX. but i am not able to get the command for this. AIX is not having the iptables file present. So please any body can tell me how to open a port in AIX... Thanks sanju (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanju_d1231
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following: Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT Interesting ports on -------- (-----): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
0 Replies

4. Solaris

how to open specific port

Dear members, My release is open Solaris b103 1- How to know the opening port in my system 2- How to open a specific port like port number 53 3- How to closed the specific port like port number 53 Your feedback highly appreciated (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellroxy
10 Replies

5. Solaris

Open port on Solaris 10

Hi All, I am installing Infosphere (ETL tool) on solaris 10. One of the requirement is to open multiple ports for different apps that will be installed. I ran netstat -n | grep 9080 (,etc) but that did not return anything. I have attached the requirement. Can anyone guide me about how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to open port in linux

hi experts, I'm using Linux Centos kernel 2.6 Here is the print out of some my port : tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:10080 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:10081 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

8. HP-UX

How to open 443 port in HP-UX?

Hello Experts, I want to open the port 443 on my HP-UX system. can you please help ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10: How to just open a port - nothing else

Hi there, I tried just open a port but I failed ;-( # telnet localhost 9876 That should work so I did ... # vi /etc/services myport 9876/tcp # my port # svcadm restart inetd -> New pid, see ps - ef | grep inet # netstat -an | grep 9876 No port 9876 is waiting ;( #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System
4 Replies
IEEE1284_OPEN(3)						     Functions							  IEEE1284_OPEN(3)

NAME
ieee1284_open - open a port SYNOPSIS
#include <ieee1284.h> int ieee1284_open(struct parport *port, int flags, int *capabilities); DESCRIPTION
In order to begin using a port it must be opened. Any initial set-up of the port is done at this stage. When an open port is no longer needed it should be closed with ieee1284_close(3). The possible flags are: F1284_EXCL This device cannot share the port with any other device. If this is the case it must be declared at this stage, so that other drivers trying to access the port know not to bother; otherwise they will wait until this driver releases the port, i.e. never. The iopl/dev-port access methods don't support this yet, but the ppdev ones do. If capabilities is not NULL it must point to storage for an int, which will be treated as a set of flags, one per bit, which the library sets or clears as appropriate. If a capability is present it will be used when asked for. They are: CAP1284_RAW Pin-level access is available. If this capability is present then the following functions are effective: ieee1284_write_data, ieee1284_read_status, ieee1284_wait_status, ieee1284_write_control, ieee1284_read_control, ieee1284_frob_control. CAP1284_NIBBLE There is an implementation of nibble mode for this port. CAP1284_BYTE There is an implementation of byte mode for this port. CAP1284_COMPAT There is an implementation of compatibility mode for this port. CAP1284_ECP There is a hardware implementation of ECP mode for this port. CAP1284_ECPRLE There is an RLE-aware implementation of ECP mode for this port (the F1284_RLE flag is recognised by the ECP transfer functions). CAP1284_ECPSWE There is a software implementation of ECP mode for this port. CAP1284_BECP There is an implementation of bounded ECP mode for this port. CAP1284_EPP There is a hardware implementation of EPP mode for this port. CAP1284_EPPSWE There is a software implementation of EPP mode for this port. CAP1284_IRQ An interrupt line is configured for this port and interrupt notifications can be received using ieee1284_get_irq_fd(3). CAP1284_DMA A DMA channel is configured for this port. RETURN VALUE
E1284_OK The port is now opened. E1284_INIT There was a problem during port initialization. This could be because another driver has opened the port exclusively, or some other reason. E1284_NOMEM There is not enough memory. E1284_NOTAVAIL One or more of the supplied flags is not supported by this type of port. E1284_INVALIDPORT The port parameter is invalid (for instance, the port may already be open). E1284_SYS There was a problem at the operating system level. The global variable errno has been set appropriately. SEE ALSO
ieee1284_close(3) AUTHOR
Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2003 Tim Waugh 09/18/2007 IEEE1284_OPEN(3)