Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? what was the most funny or weird thing that ever happened to you in your job Post 302346001 by methyl on Thursday 20th of August 2009 07:16:18 PM
Old 08-20-2009
A good customer from a major client logged a call to say that their daily status reports had stopped some days ago. Noticing that the telephone number on the call was now international I jokingly asked whether he was on holiday?
No, we have moved the office.
When you moved office, did you bring the central stats computer with you?
No.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

what happened?

A few hours ago I made several reasonable posts to this forum and now they have dissapeared. I read and followed the rules, and I sure didn't break any, but gone they are :( I know I only joined the forum today, but do the posts have to be authorised or something? ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cw1972
14 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

what happened to ygor..??

:D anyone hear from ygor..? haven't seen him post in a while... wonder what he is up to..! the last i heard he was the D25khan.. that was him right guys ??? being a newbie myself that is one dude that i admire. him Norsk, Perdebro, RTM , Google and Zazzybob all real genius.. and the most... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What Happened :(

Hello, I have created a dosrename script and it was working fine unitl today. I can't think what i have changed (don't think i have to be honest). The error is when i run the script it says the file i am trying to rename does not exist when it blatently does. Or is it a typo when i run the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz8146
4 Replies

4. Solaris

what happened to admintool?

what happened to admintool in Solaris10? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Old, but still funny

Annoyances.org - Upgrading to Wife 1.0 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

What happened to coolerbooks?

I just found the website coolerbooks.com a couple weeks ago. It was a site that had loads of free ebooks for download. But now it seems to have been hijacked by some Microsoft search thing. There was an article last year claiming it teamed with Google (the anti-Microsoft!) to offer the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird working of File Watcher job

I have JIL script like the one below insert_job:F_SAMPLE job_type:f machine:PC001 owner:asla@PC001 watch_file:/home/shah/one/sample.trg watch_interval:90 alarm_if_fail:1Here my question is, there is a directory one under that file needs to be watched sample.trg..! but directory one owned... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
0 Replies
chfn(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   chfn(1)

Name
       chfn - change system finger entry

Syntax
       chfn [ loginname ]

Description
       The  command  is used to change information about users.  This information is used by the program, among others.  It consists of the user's
       real name, office room number, office phone number, and home phone number. The command prompts the user for each field.	 Included  in  the
       prompt  is  a  default  value,  which is enclosed between brackets.  The default value is accepted simply by typing <CR>.  To enter a blank
       field, type the word `none'.  This is an example:
       % chfn
       Changing finger information for doe
       Name [John Doe]:
       Office number [ABC-1/K0]: DEF-2/K1
       Office Phone []: 1863
       Home Phone [5771546]: none

The command allows phone numbers to be entered with or without hyphens.	No entries may contain colons, commas, or control characters.

It is a good idea to run after running to make sure everything is the way you want it.

The optional argument loginname is used to change another person's finger information.  This can only be done by the superuser.

Restrictions
       The encoding of the office and extension information is installation dependent.

Because two users may try to write the file at once, a synchronization method was developed.  On rare occasions, a message that	the  pass-
       word file is "busy" will be printed.  In this case, sleeps for a while and then tries to write to the file again.

If the passwd entry is distributed from another host will not modify it.

See Also
	      chsh(1), finger(1), passwd(1), passwd(5yp)

chfn(1)