Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle buys Sun
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Oracle buys Sun Post 302345827 by McGuywer on Thursday 20th of August 2009 10:10:10 AM
Old 08-20-2009
What will this mean for Java.

I mean in practical terms.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Oracle E-Business Suite @ Sun ZFS

Hi, Is there any known issue Oracle 11i application install on Sun ZFS? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Oracle Agrees to Acquire Sun Microsystems

Source: NY Times Oracle Agrees to Acquire Sun Microsystems By ASHLEE VANCE The Oracle Corporation, the technology information company, announced Monday that it would acquire a rival, Sun Microsystems, for $9.50 a share, or about $7.4 billion. The agreement with Oracle came about two weeks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

What do you think of the Oracle-Sun deal?

Sound off with your thoughts on Oracle's acquisition of Sun Microsystems here! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Cluster and Oracle database

Hi, I am using Oracle 10gR2 on Solaris 10. I have two machines which are part of sun cluster. This is active-passive cluster. Node 1 is active and the Node 2 is passive. Both Node 1 and Node 2 are connected to separate SANs. Both nodes have separate databases. On both nodes, the database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
1 Replies

5. Hardware

Sun/Oracle M5000 Question

I have an M5K with disk issues I'm trying to troubleshoot, and it's causing me some confusion. I know the host has four on-board HDDs, but the format command's output shows c0t0d0, c0t1d0, c3t0d0, and c3t1d0. cfgadm -al shows c0t3d0 as the DVD-ROM drive, and c1 and c2 as SAN disks. Confused yet? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: desertdenizen
2 Replies
Convert::NLS_DATE_FORMAT(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Convert::NLS_DATE_FORMAT(3pm)

NAME
Convert::NLS_DATE_FORMAT - Convert Oracle NLS_DATE_FORMAT <-> strftime Format Strings SYNOPSIS
use Convert::NLS_DATE_FORMAT qw(oracle2posix posix2oracle); my $strptime = oracle2posix($NLS_DATE_FORMAT); $NLS_DATE_FORMAT = posix2oracle($strftime); DESCRIPTION
Convert Oracle's NLS_DATE_FORMAT string into a strptime format string, or the reverse. Functions oracle2posix Takes an Oracle NLS_DATE_FORMAT string and converts it into formatting string compatible with "strftime" or "strptime". my $format = oracle2posix('YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'); # '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S' Character sequences that should not be translated may be enclosed within double quotes, as specified in the Oracle documentation. my $format = oracle2posix('YYYY-MM-DD"T"HH24:MI:SS'); # '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S' posix2oracle Takes a "strftime" or "strptime" formatting string and converts it into an Oracle NLS_DATE_FORMAT string. It is possible to create strings which Oracle will not accept as valid NLS_DATE_FORMAT strings. my $format = posix2oracle('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'); # 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS' EXPORT None by default. "oracle2posix" and "posix2oracle" when asked. SEE ALSO
DateTime::Format::Oracle. AUTHOR
Nathan Gray, <kolibrie@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2005, 2006, 2011, 2012 Nathan Gray This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.4 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 Convert::NLS_DATE_FORMAT(3pm)