Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Open Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Open Solaris Post 302345811 by pupp on Thursday 20th of August 2009 09:37:25 AM
Old 08-20-2009
please see requirements page:
http://dlc.sun.com/osol/docs/content/IPS/sysreq.html

download is free.
http://www.opensolaris.com/get/index.jsp

Last edited by pupp; 08-20-2009 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: confusing my blog tags/wiki(s) tags/forum tags!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Sun Solaris and Open Solaris?

What is the major difference between Sun Solaris 10 and Open Solaris? I believe both are free now, is that true? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yipster
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 to many open port

hi all, My OS is solaris 8 with core system installation only. so far everything works fine. by i do some testing from my xp pc as client to nmap and scan opening port to my solaris. the result as below: Initiating SYN Stealth Scan against 10.10.10.10 at 16:25 Discovered open port 21/tcp on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hezry79
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Open Solaris...............

Hi All, I have installed Open Solaris in a virtual machine.I feel it is something like linux.I am managing solaris servers. How i can use this for the betterment of my servers? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open ports solaris 8

Hello, I have a number of Solaris 8 Sun servers that have open ports that I cannot identify. I see some with 1012-1020 (which are reserved ports according to the IANA. Lsof does not identify these. One server has all these on and one server just has 1017. *.1023 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
3 Replies

5. Solaris

open ports solaris 8

Hello, I have a number of Solaris 8 Sun servers that have open ports that I cannot identify. I see some with 1013-1023 (which are reserved ports according to the IANA. Lsof does not identify these. I rebooted the server and they went off, but this morning I saw they were all back on again. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csgonan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

open solaris problem

hi i just successfully installed open solaris in my computer but now my mouse and cd drive wont work. i need to plug my mouse over again so that it would work and i dont know how to work my cd-drive need help. im new to the unis system. sorry for my bad english (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rave03
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Open ports in solaris 10

hi guys, may i know the exact steps to open a port in solaris.i have some rough idea - which is adding the port number in /etc/services. but i am not sure the correct conventions, steps or any other steps. kindly advise.thanks guys ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Open .z file on solaris

Hello Admins; Anybody can suggest on how to open ".z" files on solaris. Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
16 Replies

9. Solaris

Is it possible to install Solaris softwares on Open Solaris or Open Indiana?

Hi there, I'm sorry in advance if my question seems stupid, but I can't figure out myself. I was wondering. Is it possible to install a Solaris program on an Open Solaris or Open Indiana operating system? After searching the web for a long time, it seems that Open Solaris was released by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firstpost
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10: How to just open a port - nothing else

Hi there, I tried just open a port but I failed ;-( # telnet localhost 9876 That should work so I did ... # vi /etc/services myport 9876/tcp # my port # svcadm restart inetd -> New pid, see ps - ef | grep inet # netstat -an | grep 9876 No port 9876 is waiting ;( #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System
4 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD