Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output coming in different line instead of single line Post 302345792 by mac4rfree on Thursday 20th of August 2009 08:42:09 AM
Old 08-20-2009
Thanks Guys, i used SET LINESIZE command..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line output to single line

Hello, How can I take the following output: outputa outputb outputc and turn it into single line ouput, with a single space between each field like below: outputa outputb outputc (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
7 Replies

2. AIX

ls command output in single line

Hi, Can anyone suggest me how can I display the output of ls command in single line with some delimiter say pipe (|)? I know it can be done by writing a script by using the loops but I wanted to know are there any other single line commands? Thanks for your help Sheshadri (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsheshadri
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

single line input to multiple line output with sed

hey gents, I'm working on something that will use snmpwalk to query the devices on my network and retreive the device name, device IP, device model and device serial. I'm using Nmap for the enumeration and sed to clean up the results for use by snmpwalk. Once i get all the data organized I'm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitch
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output to be in single line

Hi All, Small script but :wall:, please help in this regard. for i in 1 2 3 do echo $i done result : 1 2 3 I want the above to be printed as below expected result: 1 2 3 Thanks in advance :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_satyam
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multi-line output into a single line

Hello I did do a search and the past threads doesn't really solve my issue. (using various awk commands) I need to combine the output from java -version into 1 line, but I am having difficulties. When you exec java -version, you get: java version "1.5.0_06" Java(TM) 2 Runtime... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multi-line output to a single line in a group

Hi, My Oracle query is returing below o/p ---------------------------------------------------------- Ins trnas value a lkp1 x a lkp1 y b lkp1 a b lkp2 x b lkp2 y ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output to single line

Hi, I am using below command and getting below output. echo "dis ql(*) CLUSTER"|runmqsc CT.QM.ASSA10T1| egrep 'QUEUE|CLUSTER'|egrep -v 'SYSTEM|XMITQ'| sed -e 's/QUEUE(/ /g' -e 's/TYPE(QLOCAL)/ /g' -e 's/CLUSTER(/ /g' -e 's/)/ /g' output CT.CL.ALLUHUB.FLST_TO_HUB_PROV.01... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
20 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert single line output to multiple line

Hi all, I have a single line output like below echo $ips 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 want to convert above single line output as below format. Pls advice how to do ? 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 Regards Kannan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Output to file print as single line, not separate line

example of problem: when I echo "$e" >> /home/cogiz/file.txt result prints to file as:AA BB CC I need it to save to file as this:AA BB CC I know it's probably something really simple but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Cogiz (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
SET SESSION 
AUTHORIZATION(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION(7) NAME
SET_SESSION_AUTHORIZATION - set the session user identifier and the current user identifier of the current session SYNOPSIS
SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] SESSION AUTHORIZATION user_name SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] SESSION AUTHORIZATION DEFAULT RESET SESSION AUTHORIZATION DESCRIPTION
This command sets the session user identifier and the current user identifier of the current SQL session to be user_name. The user name can be written as either an identifier or a string literal. Using this command, it is possible, for example, to temporarily become an unprivileged user and later switch back to being a superuser. The session user identifier is initially set to be the (possibly authenticated) user name provided by the client. The current user identifier is normally equal to the session user identifier, but might change temporarily in the context of SECURITY DEFINER functions and similar mechanisms; it can also be changed by SET ROLE (SET_ROLE(7)). The current user identifier is relevant for permission checking. The session user identifier can be changed only if the initial session user (the authenticated user) had the superuser privilege. Otherwise, the command is accepted only if it specifies the authenticated user name. The SESSION and LOCAL modifiers act the same as for the regular SET(7) command. The DEFAULT and RESET forms reset the session and current user identifiers to be the originally authenticated user name. These forms can be executed by any user. NOTES
SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION cannot be used within a SECURITY DEFINER function. EXAMPLES
SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; session_user | current_user --------------+-------------- peter | peter SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION 'paul'; SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; session_user | current_user --------------+-------------- paul | paul COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard allows some other expressions to appear in place of the literal user_name, but these options are not important in practice. PostgreSQL allows identifier syntax ("username"), which SQL does not. SQL does not allow this command during a transaction; PostgreSQL does not make this restriction because there is no reason to. The SESSION and LOCAL modifiers are a PostgreSQL extension, as is the RESET syntax. The privileges necessary to execute this command are left implementation-defined by the standard. SEE ALSO
SET ROLE (SET_ROLE(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION(7)