Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Custom package installation using kickstart Post 302345788 by mark54g on Thursday 20th of August 2009 08:36:33 AM
Old 08-20-2009
Yes. You can run any commands or scripts as part of the kickstart.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Package Installation HELP!

To all, I have just installed a newer software package on one of our Performance testing AIX machine A. I later found out that this package didn't need to be installed on this machine cause it was a client and not a server package. I want to back out with pkgrm but the old package doesn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

RPM package installation

Hi, can someone help me with this? How do we apply a new version of s/w package without disrupting the processes & daemons running with the old version? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naan
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Output of Custom package scripts to terminal

Hi, I am doing some testing with creation of depots on HP-UX systems (11.11). Want to display some echo statements based on the processing during checkinstall, pre & postinstall scripts on the terminal. The echo statements are getting directed to /var/adm/sw/swagent.log I want to display... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

4. AIX

AIX custom package install query

I have created a .bff package for an app to tbe installed on AIX servers across regions. I am pretty new to the AIX mode of packaging using mkinstallp but I have been able to get the same done. I installed the same on the server in which i created the package and the application was deployed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Package installation dates

Hi All, I have a solaris machine, in which I wanted to find the Oracle Installation date and Solaris Installation date.Any ways of finding out the package installation dates. Kindly let me know Thanks Rj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

OpenSUSE installation using RHEL / CentOS Kickstart

Hi guys I have CentOS installed on my server. I have also installed TFTP server, DHCP server. I am able to install CentOS on remote machines using PXE boot and kickstart cfg file. I would like to install OpenSUSE using CentOS kickstart file. How do I do it ? I am also fine with any other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msohail
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Package installation in Solaris 11

I have Solaris-11 and installed few non global zones inside it. I saw many of the packages are not installed in non global zone after installing it. root@pos_ddr01 # pkg list | wc -l 479 root@pos_ddr01 # root@pos_ddr01-zkmq01:~# pkg list | wc -l 206 root@pos_ddr01-zkmq01:~# I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

8. Solaris

IPS custom package user source

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum and got a question which may be quite uncommon. I created a custom IPS package (using this How to) with some software I have to install frequently to different Solaris 11 zones (MongoDB to be precise). This software will be installed under "/opt/mongodb" and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheitepriem
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Trouble creating RHEL 6.5 bootable image with custom kickstart file

Hi everyone, I have a custom kickstart file from a software vendor and I'm trying to package that with a RHEL 6.5 and then attach it to a VM and install RHEL with the settings in the kickstarter file. I'm doing this from a windows PC using an app called InfraRecorder. I've extracted the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 911Eric
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to perform kickstart installation with virtual floppy image from ILO console?

HI All, I have created a kickstart file and converted into .img with below procedure to mount this as a floppy image file to supply the kickstart file during the installation time. But installation failing with unknown ks file location and other error messages. 1. Build an empty floppy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venumutyalu
3 Replies
DH-EXEC(1)							      dh-exec								DH-EXEC(1)

NAME
dh-exec - Debhelper executable file helpers SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec src/libfoo-*.so.* debian/foo-plugins/usr/lib/foo/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/ etc/example.conf => debian/foo/etc/foo/foo.conf DESCRIPTION
dh-exec is a simple program, meant to be used as the interpreter for executable debhelper config files. It is a wrapper around the various other sub-commands (see below), and will pipe the input file through all of them in turn, using an ordering that makes most sense in the vast majority of cases. The order as of now is dh-exec-subst gets run first, followed by dh-exec-install, so that variable expansion happens before files need to be copied. ARCHITECTURE
dh-exec is built up from three layers: there is the dh-exec utility, its single entry point, the only thing one will need to call. Below that, there are the various sub-commands, such as dh-exec-subst, dh-exec-installs and dh-exec-illiterate, which are thin wrappers around the various dh-exec scripts, that make sure they only run those that need to be run. And the lowest layer are the various scripts that do the actual work. One can control which sub-commands to run, or if even more granularity is desired, one can limit which scripts shall be run, too. See below for the options! OPTIONS
--with=command[,command ...] Replace the list of sub-commands to run the input through with a custom list (where entries are separated by whitespace or commas). This option will always replace the existing list with whatever is specified. This can be used to explicitly set which sub-commands to use. The list must not include the dh-exec- prefix. Defaults to subst,install. --without=command[,command ...] Inversely to the option above, this lists all the sub-commands which should not be used. The list must not include the dh-exec- prefix. --with-scripts=script[,script ...] Replace the list of scripts to run the input through with a custom list (where entries are separated by whitespace or commas). This option will always replace the existing list with whatever is specified. This can be used to explicitly specify which scripts to use, limiting even beyond what the --with option is capable of. The list must not include the dh-exec- prefix. By default it is empty, meaning there is no filtering done, and whatever scripts the sub-commands find, will be run. --no-act Do not really do anything, but print the pipeline that would have been run instead. --list List the available sub-commands and scripts, grouped by sub-command. --help, --version Display a short help or the package version, respectively. SUB-COMMANDS dh-exec-subst Substitutes various variables (either from the environment, or from dpkg-architecture(1)). dh-exec-install An extension to dh_install(1), that supports renaming files during the copy process, using a special syntax. ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_LIBDIR The directory in which the wrapped sub-commands reside. Defaults to /usr/lib/dh-exec/. DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR The directory in which the scripts that do the heavy work live. Defaults to /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_LIBDIR/dh-exec-* The various sub-commands. $DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-* The various scripts ran by the sub-commands. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec-subst(1), dh-exec-install(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC(1)