Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script - ftp downloading serveral files without mget Post 302345734 by chipcmc on Thursday 20th of August 2009 05:29:08 AM
Old 08-20-2009
You has to make the smae probe...if shell use mget yo need to probe with mget... in you response i understand you use get...

If you has define max_file=5 you first see 5 lines:
DEBUG[XXXX]
DEBUG[XXXX]
DEBUG[XXXX]
DEBUG[XXXX]
DEBUG[XXXX]
ftp error
ftp error
ftp error
ftp error
ftp error

and in the 5 DEBUG the shell call to de function
Quote:
i would except something like this:

Quote:
DEBUG:File Name=[XXXX]
ftp: No control connection for command.
To see this you need tu put max_file=1 Smilie

Well if you probe to make a conection
and use get and is ok... then change in the script

"mget $buffer" for "get $buffer"

and put
max_file=1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp files inside a shell script

I have a shell script where I am trying to ftp some files but I get the error message "EOF unclosed" every time the script reaches the ftp section. Here is how my script is written. #more code up here rm -f $object >> $LOG_FILE 2>&1 fi #end of if done #end of for loop ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrix1067
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random files do not FTP in the shell script

The following script is used to loop through files in the /tmp directory and transfer those files onto another server. However, some of the files do not transfer. It is very random when the transferring is done (i.e. one of the files won't transfer then next time, that one will transfer and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RLatham20
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Downloading one day old files from FTP site

HI, I'm downloading one day old files from ftp site. Below is my script ---------------------------- printf "open $HOST \n" > ftp.cmd printf "user $USER $PASSWD\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "bin\n" >> ftp.cmd #printf "cd /Models/\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "prompt\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "for oldfile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_v4
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

No return code in ftp mget script

I have a automated FTP script that gets a file using mget. I am using mget because the date will change on the file frequently. The mget works, however if I incorrectly type the file (e.g. if I want to get /dog123 and I enter /dg*) I do not receive and error code from in the FTP session. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dog123
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using FTP mget from Visual Basic Shell

Hi calling a batch file with FTP commands from Visual basing with Shell, it basically to copy files then delete them. The delete seems to work but the copy, it looks like the mget command doesn't have the complete information on where to copy the files. Here is the batch file content. Open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mario120560
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp files from one server to another using shell script

Hi Guys Any Help I have created a spool file that i need to copy onto another server using FTP in a shell script both servers are linux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itai
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to ftp multiple files

Hi, i use the below script to send a single file to remote server from linux. ftp -nvi <<!EOF open $Host_name user $USER_ID $PWD binary mput $file_name quit !EOF (where i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Downloading FTP Files

Hi every one, I have the requirement to download the files from FTP and move those files to unix box. Once after coping the files, i need to remove the files in FTP. I'm a newbie in Unix script. Can you please suggest a script for this.. Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Murali4u
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with get/mget from FTP server with files older than 10 minutes

Hi! I am new to unix and this forum as well.. Can someone please help me : I want to "get/mget" files which are older than 10 minutes from a remote FTP server like "ftp.com". After getting the files to local unix server say "Prod.com" , i need to delete only those files from ftp.com which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP mget will only grab files not folders

Hey All, first post :rolleyes: So I am writting a script to pull down files from an ftp that will be called from a bat file on windows. This seems pretty straight forward, and grabs all of the "files" in the cd location, but I am running into some permission issue that will not allow me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpatton
1 Replies
ftp::geturl(3tcl)						    ftp client							 ftp::geturl(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(3tcl)