Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to get the arrival count of file Post 302345707 by RSC1985 on Thursday 20th of August 2009 03:45:33 AM
Old 08-20-2009
shell script to get the arrival count of file

Hello All,

I have come across a small problem. It would be great if any of you could help me in resolving the issue.

one file named dummy.txt will be ftped to Unix machine twice daily. If i receive it second time in a day i need to do some processing with the file.

How to find the number of times it arrived to Unix box?

Please help me by giving some ideas?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File arrival status

If there is a file being transferred from one box to another box, How can one confirm on the 2nd box..that the file has arrived, and transfer is complete ? I mean in addition to checking the file exists, I want to confirm its transferred completely and not growing in size. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amsh76
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to invoke a script upon arrival of a file

hi all, i recieve a file from other server, on a daily basis .... but the time of arrival is unpredictable .... i need to move this file to another directory before the next file arrives ... i have written a script that does this op and performs some manipulations on the data... but i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

count multiple objects in shell script

Hi all: Trying to count the number of oracle instances on HPUX 11.23 - using ksh. I have multiple instances running and I would like to have a count for how many processes for each instance. Example, run the 'ps -efu oracle' command and for each instance increment a counter. So I am looking for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hit count on a shell script

I have a unix shell script (ex.sh) written. How to find out how many users (incl. myself) have run this .sh ? I can insert code snipet at top of script if need be. - Ravi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi368
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need File arrival time(sftp) command

Hi All, I am getting some file through using sftp from another server to my server. I want know the exact file arrival time on my sytem I have tried stat command . it gives me the below details $ stat abc.txt File: `abc.txt Size: 24231 Blocks: 48 IO Block:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print record count of a file using shell script

HI, I need to print the record count of a file using shell script. If the record count of a file excluding header and trailer record if greater than zero then print 'Record count of a file is xxxx records'. If the record count is zero print 'zero records' Thanks Mahendra (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmeda
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate file count in korn shell script

Hi, I have files in the directory like below which I need to validate if all the required files are present. A_B_001 of 002_time1.txt A_B_002 of 002_time1.txt A_B_001 of 001_time2.txt Scenarios- a)If file with 001 of 002_time1 or 002 of 002_time1 is missing in the folder,script should... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneeta13
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script shell calculate mean arrival request duration

hello, I have implemented this command : tshark -eth0 -T fiels -e frame.time et sip.Request-Line -z sip,stat > test2.txt the result of this command : test.txt: Aug 27, 2013 23:06:47.334270000 INVITE Aug 27, 2013 23:06:47.335045000 SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized Aug 27, 2013... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amouna
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Count Based on FileDate using Shell Script

I have file listed in my directory in following format -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 test test 4.9M Oct 3 16:06 test20141002150108.txt -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 test test 4.9M Oct 4 16:06 test20141003150108.txt -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 test test 4.9M Oct 5 16:06 test20141005150108.txt -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 test ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish2014
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell: Count The sum of numbers in a file

Hi all; Here is my file: V1.3=4 V1.4=5 V1.1=3 V1.2=6 V1.3=6 Please, can you help me to write a script shell that counts the sum of values in my file (4+5+3+6+6) ? Thank you so much for help. Kind regards. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
3 Replies
SYSSTAT(5)							Linux User's Manual							SYSSTAT(5)

NAME
sysstat - sysstat configuration file. DESCRIPTION
This file is read by sa1(8) and sa2(8) shell scripts from the sysstat's set of tools. It consists of a sequence of shell variable assign- ments used to configure sysstat logging. The variables and their meanings are: HISTORY The number of days during which a daily data file or a report should be kept. Data files or reports older than this number of days will be removed by the sa2(8) shell script. COMPRESSAFTER Number of days after which daily data files are to be compressed, either by gzip or bzip2. SADC_OPTIONS Options that should be passed to sadc(8). With these options (see sadc(8) manual page), you can select some additional data which are going to be saved in daily data files. These options are used only when a new data file is created. They will be ignored with an already existing one. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/sysstat AUTHOR
Sebastien Godard (sysstat <at> orange.fr) SEE ALSO
sadc(8), sa1(8), sa2(8) http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux SEPTEMBER 2010 SYSSTAT(5)