Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming help with C++ code that relate the object with physical address Post 302345689 by silviafisica on Thursday 20th of August 2009 02:26:43 AM
Old 08-20-2009
help with C++ code that relate the object with physical address

I need some help to write a C++ code that read and write the register of a sequencer. I have to make a code that relate the objects with the physical address but I am a bit confuse. Could someone suggest me how to proceed? in which parts do I split the code?
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Physical volume- no free physical partitions

I was in smit, checking on disc space, etc. and it appears that one of our physical volumes that is part of a large volume group, has no free physical partitions. The server is running AIX 5.1. What would be the advisable step to take in this instance? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
9 Replies

2. AIX

Physical and Logical IP address

Hi all I need command to give logical and physical IP Address for my machine. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Add Static Routes to new physical address

Hi, I need help to add new route: 10.252.0.138, GW 10.252.0.129 to e1000g1 and 10.252.0.10, GW 10.252.0.1 to e1000g2 tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

4. Programming

segmantation Fault error SEGV_MAPERR - Address not mapped to object

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault si_code: 1 - SEGV_MAPERR - Address not mapped to object. 0x9fffffffbe7080d0:0 in free+0xb0 () from /usr/lib/hpux64/libc.so.1 Hi , I have developed a class to read config file (flat file with space as a field seperator ) on plattform... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravinbhingare
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I am new to PHP and UNIX. I am using Apache to do my testing on a Windows Vista machine. I am getting this error when I am trying to connect to a web service. I did a search and did not see any posts that pertain to this. Here is my function: <?php function TRECSend($a, $b, $c, $d,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EddiRae
0 Replies

6. AIX

Hardware address to physical location

Hello How do I deternine the physical location of an ethernet port, based on the hardware address? I have 4 ports on a 9133-55A ent0 05-08 ent1 05-09 ent2 07-08 ent3 07-09 Two of these are internal, and two are on a card. I need to single out ent0 and ent2, but I cannot find any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
4 Replies

7. AIX

Maximum Limit of HMC to handle Physical Power Virtualization Physical Machine

Hello All, Can anybody please tell me what is the maximum limit of Physical IBM Power Machine which can be handled by single HMC at a single point of time? Thanks, Jenish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jenish_shah
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What would the physical address be for virtual address?

Hi guys, I got one problem which I definetily no idea. What would the physical address be for virtual address? 1) 2ABC 2) 3F4B Here is the page table:see attached Thank you sos sososososso much!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemon_06
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

C object code compatiblity with UNIX and Linux

Is it possible to use an object code compiled on Unix- sun Os sparc on Redhat linux OS. In our new application we have to create object file on Unix os and then use the object code on Linux OS to compile pro*c code but when we are trying to achieve this we get error: file in wrong format. how can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek chaudhary
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a value to a physical memory address in bash script?

How would I write a value to a physical memory address? I was able to read a physical memory address (for example, 0x400) using this line: dd if=/dev/mem count=4 bs=1 skip=$(( 0x400 )) But I get an error: dd: 'standard input': cannot skip to specified offset when I try to write using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rabrandt
1 Replies
ISASET(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 ISASET(8)

NAME
isaset - set ISA registers SYNOPSIS
isaset [-y] [-W|-L] addrreg datareg address value [mask] #for I2C-like access isaset -f [-y] [-W|-L] address value [mask] #for flat address space DESCRIPTION
isaset is a small helper program to set registers visible through the ISA bus. OPTIONS
-f Enable flat address space mode. -y Disable interactive mode. By default, isaset will wait for a confirmation from the user before messing with the ISA bus. When this flag is used, it will perform the operation directly. This is mainly meant to be used in scripts. -W Perform a 16-bit write. -L Perform a 32-bit write. OPTIONS (I2C-like access mode) Four options must be provided to isaset. addrreg contains the ISA address of the address register for the chip to probe; datareg contains the address of the data register. Both addresses are integers between 0x0000 and 0x3FFF. Usually, if the chip's base address is 0x0nn0, the address register is at 0x0nn5 and the data register is at 0x0nn6. The most common base address for hardware monitoring chips is 0x0290. For Super-I/O chips, address register is typically at 0x2E with data register at 0x2F. The address and value parameters are two integers between 0x00 and 0xFF. isaset will write value value to address address. An optional mask can be provided as a fifth parameter, preserving unmasked bits at the written location. OPTIONS (flat address space mode) In flat mode, two parameters must be provided. address contains the ISA address of the register to write to; it is an integer between 0x0000 and 0xFFFF. Basically, it is the sum of the chip's base address and the chip register's address. isaset will write value value at this address. An optional mask can be provided as a third parameter, preserving unmasked bits at the written location. WARNING
Poking around in ISA data space is extremely dangerous. Running isaset with random parameters can cause system crashes, data loss, and worse! Be extremely careful when using this program. SEE ALSO
i2cset(8), isadump(8) AUTHOR
Mark D. Studebaker, and the lm_sensors group (http://www.lm-sensors.org/) This manual page was shamelessly ripped from the i2cset and isadump manual pages by Jean Delvare. April 2011 ISASET(8)