Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting redirecting sql query output to a file Post 302345638 by sailaja_80 on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 07:58:51 PM
Old 08-19-2009
redirecting sql query output to a file

Hi,

I am executing sql files in my unix shell script. Now i want to find whether its a success or a failure record and redirect the success or failure to the respective files. meaning.

success records to success.log file
failure record to failure.log file.

As of now i am doing like this.
db3 connect to a
db3 connect to b
db2 -tvf "${var[Perforce_Script_Name]}" > $output
grep -v "successfully" "${var[Perforce_Script_Name]}" >suc_Logfile
grep -v "SQLSTATE" "${var[Perforce_Script_Name]}" >fail_Logfile
But i am not able to see any thing in those files. pls help me.

Thanks for your help and time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting SQL output from within a shell script

Hi all I would like to open a SQL session from within a shell script and then redirect the output of the SQL command to a file. e.g. #!/bin/bash sqlplus "/ as sysdba" <<EOF @$HOME/recovery_space.sql EOF I want to redirect the output of the SQL command to a temp file, because... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi , I just found you while surfing for the string 'Redirecting sql select query output from within a shell script to txt file/excel file' Could you find time sending me the code for the above question? It'll be great help for me. I have a perl file that calls the sql file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi Yogesh, Lucky that i caught you online. Yeah i read about DBI and the WriteExcel module. But the server is not supporting these modules. It said..."Cannot locate DBI"..."Cannot locate Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" I tried creating a simple text file to get the query output, but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Output the SQL Query result to a File

Hello Guys, This message is somewhat relates with last thread. But I need to re-write thing. I start over a little. I am stuck now and need your help. Here is my script- #! /bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2 /opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2/bin/sqlplus -s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the sql query output into txt file?

Hi I want ot save SQL query result in one txt file. for that i have written one code line sqlplus -s $dbstring @/usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/exec_123.sql >> /usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/result.txt but it is not working . database : Oracle so please advice me how can i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format options while Redirecting output of sql to a file in shell

In my korn shell - I have a sql with say 6 columns whose output i am redirecting to a file and attaching this file while sending a mail. While all this happens correctly, i face issues in the format of this file. my intended output is Column_1 Column_2 Column_3 Column_4 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in UNIX script - output in flat file

Hi, I never did this before... what I want to do is execute a SQL query from a unix script and redirect sql query's output to a flat file (comma separated one) without the header info (no column names). I would also want not to print the query's output to the screen. snapshot of my script:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
13 Replies

9. Solaris

SQL QUERY to Table Output

Hi I am trying to run sql query from solaris in csh script and send the output to email. Below is my sql query select p.spid,se.program seprogram, se.machine, se.username, sq.sql_text,sq.retrows from v$process p inner join v$session se on p.addr = se.paddr inner join ( select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script.

I am trying to write SQL query output into a .csv file. But in the output columns are displaying in different lines instead of coming in one line. Main Code shell script: this is my code: #!/bin/bash file="db_detail.txt" . $file rm /batch/corpplan/bin/dan.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepgoli53
6 Replies
PDOSTATEMENT.SETFETCHMODE(3)						 1					      PDOSTATEMENT.SETFETCHMODE(3)

PDOStatement::setFetchMode - Set the default fetch mode for this statement

SYNOPSIS
public bool PDOStatement::setFetchMode (int $mode) DESCRIPTION
bool PDOStatement::setFetchMode (int $PDO::FETCH_COLUMN, int $colno) bool PDOStatement::setFetchMode (int $PDO::FETCH_CLASS, string $classname, array $ctorargs) bool PDOStatement::setFetchMode (int $PDO::FETCH_INTO, object $object) PARAMETERS
o $mode - The fetch mode must be one of the PDO::FETCH_* constants. o $colno - Column number. o $classname - Class name. o $ctorargs - Constructor arguments. o $object - Object. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the fetch mode The following example demonstrates how PDOStatement.setFetchMode(3) changes the default fetch mode for a PDOStatement object. <?php $sql = 'SELECT name, colour, calories FROM fruit'; try { $stmt = $dbh->query($sql); $result = $stmt->setFetchMode(PDO::FETCH_NUM); while ($row = $stmt->fetch()) { print $row[0] . " " . $row[1] . " " . $row[2] . " "; } } catch (PDOException $e) { print $e->getMessage(); } ?> The above example will output: apple red 150 banana yellow 250 orange orange 300 kiwi brown 75 lemon yellow 25 pear green 150 watermelon pink 90 PHP Documentation Group PDOSTATEMENT.SETFETCHMODE(3)