Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing inserted newlines from a fileld of fixed width file. Post 302345570 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 03:03:02 PM
Old 08-19-2009
enigma.awk:
Code:
BEGIN {
  len=(!len)?73:len
}
length < len {
   if (length(s)) { s=s OFS $0}
   else s=$0
   if (length(s) == len) { print s; s=""}
   next
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fixed Width file using AWK

I am using the following command at the Unix prompt to make my 'infile' into a fixed width file of 100 characters. awk '{printf "%-100s\n",$0}' infile > outfile However, there are some records with a special character "©" These records are using 3 characters in place of one and my record... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.benjwal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding delimiter to a fixed width file

Hi , I have a file : CSCH74000.00 CSCH74000.00 CSCH74100.00 CSCH74000.00 CSCH74100.00 CSCH74000.00 CSCH74000.00 CSCH74100.00 CSCH74100.00 CSCH74100.00 I have to put a delimiter( say comma) in between after 6th character: CSCH74,000.00 CSCH74,000.00 CSCH74,100.00 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing particular field in fixed width file

I have a fixed width file and i need to change 36th field to "G" in for about random 20 records? How can I do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
4 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help with Fixed width File Parsing

I am trying to parse a Fixed width file with data as below. I am trying to assign column values from each record to variables. When I parse the data, the spaces in all coumns are dropped. I would like to retain the spaces as part of the dat stored in the variables. Any help is appreciated. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sate911
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing \n within a fixed width record

I am trying to remove a line feed (\n) within a fixed width record. I tried the tr -d ‘\n' command, but it also removes the record delimiter. Is there a way to remove the line feed without removing the record delimiter? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: CKT_newbie88
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixed-Width file from Oracle

Hi All, I have created a script which generates FIXED-WIDTH file by executing Oracle query. SELECT RPAD(NVL(col1,CHR(9)),20)||NVL(col2,CHR(9))||NVL(col3,CHR(9) FROM XYZ It generates the data file with proper alignment. But if same file i transfer to windows server or Mainframe... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two fixed width file

Hi Guys I am checking the treads to get the answer but i am not able to get the answer for my question. I have two files. First file is a pattern file and the second file is the file i want to search in it. Output will be the lines from file2. File1: P2797f12af 44751228... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshul_er
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates in fixed width file which has multiple key columns

Hi All , I have a requirement where I need to remove duplicates from a fixed width file which has multiple key columns .Also , need to capture the duplicate records into another file . File has 8 columns. Key columns are col1 and col2. Col1 has the length of 8 col 2 has the length of 3. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Length of a fixed width file

I have a fixed width file of length 53. when is try to get the lengh of the record of that file i get 2 different answers. awk '{print length;exit}' <File_name> The above code gives me length 50. wc -L <File_name> The above code gives me length 53. Please clarify on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amrutha24
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alter Fixed Width File

Thank u so much .Its working fine as expected. ---------- Post updated at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:46 PM ---------- I need one more help. I have another file(fixed length) that will get negative value (ex:-00000000003000) in postion (98 - 112) then i have to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
6 Replies
NETLINK(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							NETLINK(3)

NAME
netlink - Netlink macros SYNOPSIS
#include <asm/types.h> #include <linux/netlink.h> int NLMSG_ALIGN(size_t len); int NLMSG_LENGTH(size_t len); int NLMSG_SPACE(size_t len); void *NLMSG_DATA(struct nlmsghdr *nlh); struct nlmsghdr *NLMSG_NEXT(struct nlmsghdr *nlh, int len); int NLMSG_OK(struct nlmsghdr *nlh, int len); int NLMSG_PAYLOAD(struct nlmsghdr *nlh, int len); DESCRIPTION
<linux/netlink.h> defines several standard macros to access or create a netlink datagram. They are similar in spirit to the macros defined in cmsg(3) for auxiliary data. The buffer passed to and from a netlink socket should be accessed using only these macros. NLMSG_ALIGN() Round the length of a netlink message up to align it properly. NLMSG_LENGTH() Given the payload length, len, this macro returns the aligned length to store in the nlmsg_len field of the nlmsghdr. NLMSG_SPACE() Return the number of bytes that a netlink message with payload of len would occupy. NLMSG_DATA() Return a pointer to the payload associated with the passed nlmsghdr. NLMSG_NEXT() Get the next nlmsghdr in a multipart message. The caller must check if the current nlmsghdr didn't have the NLMSG_DONE set--this function doesn't return NULL on end. The len argument is an lvalue containing the remaining length of the message buffer. This macro decrements it by the length of the message header. NLMSG_OK() Return true if the netlink message is not truncated and is in a form suitable for parsing. NLMSG_PAYLOAD() Return the length of the payload associated with the nlmsghdr. CONFORMING TO
These macros are nonstandard Linux extensions. NOTES
It is often better to use netlink via libnetlink than via the low-level kernel interface. SEE ALSO
libnetlink(3), netlink(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2014-03-20 NETLINK(3)