Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX command to shift up
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AIX command to shift up Post 302345561 by bombcan on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 02:33:26 PM
Old 08-19-2009
Thanks but the outcome is

It missed the first line

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shift command

There is an error when i am trying to use the shift command in this way: ($1 = -d, $2 = 123, $3 = -c etc etc) for $arg in $@ do case $arg in "-d") shift; (so that the $2 will become the $arg now) (and while it loop the 2nd time,) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shift command

Hi Folks, In shell scripting the maximum no. of command line parameters becomes 9(Am i right). If we want to get more than 9 parameters we use the shift command. Even here there are two possibilities. 1. Without the use of variables - The arguments are lost and the lost no. is equal to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding the shift command???

I am running a program where in I have this command which is giving error the shift: number is not correct. can you please tell me how shift actually works? the line which is giving error is- set $PARAM; shift; shift; shift; shift; shift; shift; shift; shift Is it related somewhere to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrao
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

5. AIX

Which command in AIX 5L is replace updatelv in AIX 4.3?

When I import VG, it shows: 0516-622 synclvodm: Warning, cannot write lv control block data. I found AIX V4.3 have updatelv command can recovery LVB from VG, however, updatelv is not existed on AIX 5L, which command to replace it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of Shift command

Hello Expert Can any one please explain what is the use of shift command in general terms: set -- $(ls -t) shift rm -Rf $* what is the use of shift command over here. Thanks a lot for your help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can someone explain shift command in script?

think using shift would help me finish my script but cant get it work without your help. would appreciate if you give me a example with shift & counter in the same script so I can later work on that to my one. Thanks and Good Luck! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: me.
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth command not working in AIX.Need alternative solution for this command

Hi All, I am trying to select 30 days older files under current directory ,but not from subdirectory using below command. find <Dir> -type f -mtime + 30 This command selecting all the files from current directory and also from sub directory . I read some documention through internet ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kommineni
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX function example with "shift" command

Hello, I am reading one of the AIX manuals about shell scripting and (AIX 5) and I found this example when introducing to functions: function usage { prog="$1"; shift print -u2 "$prog: usage: $prog $@" exit 1 } This example is meant to be easy but I don't understand what it is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kibou
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shift command help

#!/bin/bash hostname=$1; shift for hostname in $1 do ping $hostname done I want to run the above script as hostname.sh yahoo.com google.com cnn.com. I want to shift each hostname to $1. How can do that with above code as currently it's not shifting. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
5 Replies
tokenmt(7ipp)						   IP Quality of Service Modules					     tokenmt(7ipp)

NAME
tokenmt - Single and Two Rate Three Conformance Level Meter DESCRIPTION
The tokenmt module can be configured as a Single or a Two Rate meter. Packets are deemed to belong to one of the three levels - Red, Yellow or Green - depending on the configured rate(s) and the burst sizes. When configured as a Single Rate meter, tokenmt can operate with just the Green and Red levels. Configuration parameters for tokenmt correspond to definitions in RFC- 2697 and RFC- 2698 as follows: Configuring tokenmt as a Single Rate meter (from RFC- 2697): committed_rate - CIR committed_burst - CBS peak_burst - EBS (thus 'peak_burst' for a single rate meter is actually the 'excess burst' in the RFC. However, throughout the text the parameter name "peak burst" is used.) Configuring tokenmt as a Two Rate meter (from RFC- 2698): committed_rate - CIR peak_rate - PIR committed_burst - CBS peak_burst - PBS The meter is implemented using token buckets C and P, which initially hold tokens equivalent to committed and peak burst sizes (bits) respectively. When a packet of size B bits arrive at time t, the following occurs: When operating as a Single Rate meter, the outcome (level) is decided as follows: - Update tokens in C and P o Compute no. of tokens accumulated since the last time packet was seen at the committed rate as T(t) = committed rate * (t - t') (where t' is the time the last packet was seen) o Add T tokens to C up to a maximum of committed burst size. Add remaining tokens ((C+T) - Commited Burst), if any, to P, to a maximum of peak burst size. - Decide outcome o If not color aware o If B <= C, outcome is GREEN and C -= B. o Else, if B <= P, outcome is YELLOW and P -= B. o Else, outcome is Red. o Else, o obtain DSCP from packet o obtain color from color_map, color_map[DSCP] o if (color is GREEN) and (B <= C), outcome is GREEN and C -= B. o Else, if (color is GREEN or YELLOW) and (B <= P), outcome is YELLOW and P -= B. o Else, outcome is RED. Note that if peak_burst and yellow_next_actions are not specified (that is, a single rate meter with two outcomes), the outcome is never YELLOW. When operating as a Two Rate meter, the outcome (level) is decided as follows: - Update tokens in C and P o Compute no. of tokens accumulated since the last time a packet was seen at the committed and peak rates as Tc(t) = committed rate * (t - t') Tp(t) = peak rate * (t - t') (where t' is the time the last packet was seen) o Add Tc to C up to a maximum of committed burst size o Add Tp to P up to a maximum of peak burst size - Decide outcome o If not color aware o If B > P, outcome is RED. o Else, if B > C, outcome is YELLOW and P -= B o Else, outcome is GREEN and C -= B & P -= B o Else, o obtain DSCP from packet o obtain color from color_map, color_map[DSCP] o if (color is RED) or (B > P), outcome is RED o Else, if (color is YELLOW) or (B > C), outcome is YELLOW and P -= B o Else, outcome is GREEN and C -= B & P -= B STATISTICS
The tokenmt module exports the following statistics through kstat: Global statistics: module: tokenmt instance: <action id> name: tokenmt statistics class <action name> epackets <number of packets in error> green_bits <number of bits in green> green_packets <number of packets in green> red_bits <number of bits in red> red_packets <number of packets in red> yellow_bits <number of bits in yellow> yellow packets <number of packets in yellow> FILES
/kernel/ipp/sparcv9/tokenmt 64-bit module (SPARC only.) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWqos | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ipqosconf(1M), dlcosmk(7IPP), dscpmk(7IPP), flowacct(7IPP), ipqos(7IPP), ipgpc(7IPP), tswtclmt(7IPP) RFC 2697, A Single Rate Three Color Marker J. Heinanen, R. Guerin -- The Internet Society, 1999 RFC 2698, A Two Rate Three Color Marker J. Heinanen, R. Guerin -- The Internet Society, 1999 SunOS 5.10 29 Sep 2004 tokenmt(7ipp)