Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script problem , sudo mount command Post 302345526 by chompy on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 12:49:22 PM
Old 08-19-2009
If you want to not have to supply a password, you need to change your sudoers file.

Code:
username ALL=/sbin/mount

That should do it, otherwise try:

Code:
username ALL=/sbin/mount -t vfat /dev/sda7 /media/Ddrive

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with sed command in shell script.

Guys, I've a problem in the "sed" command used in my shellscripts This is the problamatic line in my shell script: sed -e 's/${line1}/${line1_m}/g' prod_hier_1234.txt > test.txt It doesn't do the job of replacing the string stored in variable 'line1' to 'line1_m'. However If I replace the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with sudo su and .sh script

here is my script: #!/bin/sh cd /Users/a echo "what is the name of the file u want?" read var1 var1=$var1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo command problem

Hi All, I am tring to redirect mails comming to my user id to a script. In other word trigger a script when a mail comes to my user id. Actually , Admin team has done all this to me previously. in my script i am doing like /usr/local/bin/sudo -u parbrxs /export/home/parbrxs/bin/parbrxs.sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with MV command in Shell Script

Hi Guru's, I 'm trying to execute the below given script in Unix. I am having an issue with the script. The output of the script is given below: #!/bin/bash File_Home="/home/essftp/Risk" cd /home/essftp/Risk rm -f FileList rm -f credit_risk* file1=`ls -lt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjith_taurean
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in exit status of the command in a shell script-FTP

Hi All, I have developed below script for FTP a file from unix machine to another machine. ftpToABC () { USER='xyz' PASSWD='abc' echo "open xx.yy.zbx.aaa user $USER $PASSWD binary echo "put $1 abc.txt" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ echo "quit" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ ftp -ivn <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem Executing Firmware Command using Shell Script

Guys, I have a script that should change one of the configuration Parameter in a http accelerator, this config change which will halt http traffic into device. So I have designed a script which should do these changes. But after executing this script, found that one of the input variable is not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using cut command in shell script

I'm new to shell programming, and am having a problem in a (Korn) shell program, which boils down to this: The program reads a record from an input file and then uses a series of "cut" commands to break the record into parts and assign the parts to variables. There are no delimiters in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joroca
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script on sudo

I want to execute a script(generateReport.sh) which resides on root home directory from shell script(localtrigger.sh) as root by using sudo. The thing is i cant edit /etc/sudoers (i can but m not allowed to do it , ethically) i cant change ownership of generateReport.sh script When i try... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saket
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with expr command in shell script

Hi, I have used expr command to increment the date. for e.g., case 1 : echo $(date -d $(echo `expr 20010101 + 1`)) it returns Tue Jan 2 00:00:00 IST 2001 case 2: echo $(date -d $(echo `expr 20010101 - 1`)) it returns date: invalid date `20010100' please suggest me, how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with command mount

Hi, I have a problem with the command mount with a password with special character mount -t smbfs '//itransfert_cs:password@IP/itransfert/1-Arrivees/Vers_K2' /share the password contain a * and a @ I try to quote but don't work, replace the @ with %40 and try to escape with \ but... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
8 Replies
SHUNIT2(1)																SHUNIT2(1)

NAME
shunit2 - A unit test framework for shell scripts SYNOPSIS
shunit2 unitfile DESCRIPTION
shUnit2 is a xUnit unit test framework for Bourne based shell scripts, and it is designed to work in a similar manner to JUnit, PyUnit, etc.. If you have ever had the desire to write a unit test for a shell script, shUnit2 can do the job. You can either run shunit2 directly from the commandline and specify the unit file or directly source the shunit2 executable. If you directly execute shunit2 and don't specify a unitfile shunit2 assumes a empty testfile and will return without an error message. EXAMPLE
Simple script to test if 1 equals 1 #! /bin/sh testEquality() { assertEquals 1 1 } # load shunit2 . shunit2 Execute shUnit2 unit tests directly from the commandline shunit2 /path/to/unit/file OPTIONS
shunit2 does not support any commandline options at all. You can either source shunit2 to execute your unit tests or directly run shunit2 as a commandline script. SEE ALSO
For more information see http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/ or have a look at the installed documentation in /usr/share/doc/shunit2/ AUTHOR
shunit2 was written by Kate Ward <kate.ward@forestent.com>. This manpage was written by Ulrich Dangel <mru@spamt.net>. 2.1.6 03/25/2012 SHUNIT2(1)