Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Projects / Tasks / Zones
Operating Systems Solaris Projects / Tasks / Zones Post 302345521 by rhfrommn on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 12:28:48 PM
Old 08-19-2009
I think the key concept you're missing is that non-global zones are completely independent. Each zone knows nothing of the global zone or any other non-global zones. In fact, you can reboot a non-global zone (or destroy it for that matter) without any other zone caring one bit about that happening.

The users in each of your 2 zones are entirely contained within the zone - that zone knows nothing of users in the global zone or the other of the 2 non-global zones. Thus for sure the users have to be created for each of them.

I've not done projects before, but I would think they are the same deal. Each zone has it's own projects and can't see them from the global zone. There is a small chance I'm wrong about that but I doubt it. Instead of creating the 2 projects in the global zone and trying to assign them to the zones, create a project for each zone from within that zone.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix projects

I am currently studying to be a Unix programmer. I am at the very beginning stages taking an online course through guruischool. I know that this course will not be nearly enough for me to be a confident or competent unix programmer. However I was wondering what projects I can do at home that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder10
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repetitive Tasks

Could someone tell me how I can simplify the script that follows!!! I know that there must be a way how to grep Average from sar01.................. sar02 ....................... sar03....................... sar04... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JairGuerra
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with tasks!

Hi guys! I have a dummy question for u :p I cant find a solution for these tascks...tried everything (i know :cool: ). 1 Issue the following command sleep 1000 Note that sleep 1000 waits 1000 seconds!!! You cannot do anything now!!! 2 Open another terminal window and enter the tty... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RomeO
1 Replies

4. AIX

Junior SA Tasks?

I've been given more responsibility at work and was basically told to take junior system admin responsibilities over our aix box. The catch is, I need to learn on my own. I know basics, but what are some task that I could perform on a daily basis for starters? We have a support group, but not so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

schedule tasks

As far as I know Crontab is the utulity to schedule tasks to run at specific times.Is there any utility to perform the same task (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interested in getting new projects

Hi , I am interested in getting some new projects on shell scripting . Can some one suggest me some bidding site where I can get the projects. Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Users associated with projects

I have 3 projects for 3 oracle instances and 10-15 users associated with different projects is there any way i can list the users associated with all the projects .. i know one method of id -p but for that i have to su to each user The system was handed over to me configured by external vendor... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Hello.. can someone help my with this tasks?

1. Write a shell program which renames the current directory with the given file extension to another extension. The playoffs are given on the command line. Example usage: $ Rename txt doc will be renamed: aaa.txt in aaa.doc Juhutxt in Juhudoc ... * To solve, you can also help with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclip
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Projects in Solaris 10

I need help with projects in Solaris 10, sparc system; and I am fairly new at this. I know I can add new parameters for projects in /etc/projects or projmod -a -K "task.max-lwps=(priv,100,deny)" myproject I know that there are current process using that old attribute. Logging the user out and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
3 Replies
net_zoneidtonetid(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				     net_zoneidtonetid(9F)

NAME
net_zoneidtonetid - map a zoneid_t struture identifier to a netid_t structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/neti.h> netid_t net_zoneidtonetid(const zoneid_t zone); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
zone valid zoneid_t structure that refers to a running zone. DESCRIPTION
The net_zoneidtonetid() function maps the given zoneid_t structure (used to represent a zone that is currently running) into a netid_t structure that is associated with the IP instance supporting network functions for that zone. RETURN VALUES
The net_zoneidtonetid() function returns -1 if no mapping took place. Otherwise, it returns the netid_t structure currently used by the zoneid_t structure. For zones that are using a shared IP instance, the netid_t structure for the instance owned by the global zone is returned. CONTEXT
The net_zoneidtonetid() function may be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
net_netidtozonid(9F), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 1 May 2008 net_zoneidtonetid(9F)