Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing anyone running SELinux on amazon EC2? Post 302345517 by chompy on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 12:24:31 PM
Old 08-19-2009
What happens when you run:
Code:
setenforce enforcing

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Running MySQL on Amazon EC2 with Elastic Block Store

Here is an excellent article on Running MySQL on Amazon EC2 with Elastic Block Store. Amazon Web Services Developer Connection : Running MySQL on Amazon EC2 with Elastic Block Store (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

CEP as a Service (CEPaaS) with MapReduce on Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3

Tim Bass 11-25-2008 01:02 PM Just as I was starting to worry that complex event processing community has been captured by RDBMS pirates off the coast of Somalia, I rediscovered a new core blackboard architecture component, Hadoop. Hadoop is a framework for building applications on large... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Securing code in Amazon EC2

Hi All, I am facing a problem, regarding code security on EC2. We have created an AMI which contains our code in it, and need to bind the code to the AMI so that no one can take the code out of the AMI. Are there some ways to achieve this ??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshay61286
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

A little help with seLinux

Situation: installed on Centos6.4 this samba4 package samba4-4.0.1-4.centos6.1.x86_64(wich had the path /usr/share/samba4 /var/lock/samba4,etc) I use selinux so i put in context /var/lock/samba4 -d system_u:object_r:samba_var_t:s0 /var/lock/samba4/.* -- ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies
service_seusers(5)					       SELinux configuration						service_seusers(5)

NAME
service_seusers - The SELinux GNU/Linux user and service to SELinux user mapping configuration files DESCRIPTION
These are optional files that allow services to define an SELinux user when authenticating via SELinux-aware login applications such as PAM(8). There is one file for each GNU/Linux user name that will be required to run a service with a specific SELinux user name. The path for each configuration file is formed by the path returned by selinux_policy_root(3) with /logins/username appended (where user- name is a file representing the GNU/Linux user name). The default services directory is located at: /etc/selinux/{SELINUXTYPE}/logins Where {SELINUXTYPE} is the entry from the selinux configuration file config (see selinux_config(5)). getseuser(3) reads this file to map services to an SELinux user. FILE FORMAT
Each line within the username file is formatted as follows with each component separated by a colon: service:seuser[:range] Where: service The service name used by the application. seuser The SELinux user name. range The range for MCS/MLS policies. EXAMPLES
Example 1 - for the 'root' user: # ./logins/root ipa:user_u:s0 this_service:unconfined_u:s0 Example 2 - for GNU/Linux user 'rch': # ./logins/rch ipa:unconfined_u:s0 that_service:unconfined_u:s0 SEE ALSO
selinux(8), PAM(8), selinux_policy_root(3), getseuser(3), selinux_config(5) Security Enhanced Linux 28-Nov-2011 service_seusers(5)