Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question: Help need to remove blank line & sed: Couldn't re-allocate memory error. Post 302345374 by thanhdat on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 04:59:47 AM
Old 08-19-2009
So you can try :
Code:
 grep -ve "^[ \t]*$" glpi.conf.bak | grep -f pattern.txt > temp.log

and then sed :
Code:
sed -n "/$year 05:/,/$year 17:/p" temp.log

If that doesn't work, why don't you split your huge file into smaller ones ^___^

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove blank line - SED

HI, I have this list of apps like so: DivX Products.app DivX Support.app Uninstall DivX for Mac.app Build Applet.app SpringBoard.app Interface.app MobileAddressBook.app MobileSafari.app MobileSlideShow.app Preferences.app Install Flash Player 8 OSX.app Yap.app check_afp.app ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie help with New Line & Blank Line

I have this in my script: usercount=`ldapsearch -L -b"ou=people,ou=$ou,dc=paisleyhosting,dc=com" -h"$server" -p"1391" cn=* nothing | grep -c dn` admincount=`ldapsearch -b"ou=groups,ou=$ou,dc=paisleyhosting,dc=com" -h"$server" -p"1391" cn=USERADMIN* uniquemember | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last blank line of file

I have a number of files (arranged in directories) which have last line blank, I am trying to synchronize my code with other env and due to this blank lines, all files error out as different although only difference is that of balnk line at end of file. Is there a way I can recursively... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruchimca
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl & Sed command -- Out of Memory Error

Experts, We used to receive our source files with '~^' as row delimiter. This file contains 2500K records and two of the columns having value in HTML formats within the file. While running the below commands against the file, we are encountering out of memory, could you please help to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivijay81
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted(tried to allocate 401 bytes)

While running script I am getting an error like Few lines in data are not being processed. After googling it I came to know that adding such line would give some memory to it ini_set("memory_limit","64M"); my input file size is 1 GB. Is that memory limit is based on RAM we have on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Cannot allocate memory" error when run from script

hi in my application there is a line with open(/dev/mydevice,0); it work good when it run manually, but when try to run it within script /////////////////////////////////////////// #!/bin/sh ./device_test 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 ///////////////////////////////////////// I receive 'Failed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: majeed
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between a regExp & a blank line

Hi, I have a file, say files_list, as below (o/p of ls -R cmd) $ cat files_list /remote/dir/path/to/file: sub-dir1 sub-dir2 sub-dir3 ... /remote/dir/path/to/file/sub-dir1: remote_file1.csv.tgz <blank line 1> /remote/dir/path/to/file/sub-dir2: remote_file2.csv.tgz <blank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove blank line from a text file?

Hi All, I am creating a text file using perl. The first record I am writing as "$line" and all the other as "\n$line". At the end the file is having N number of lines. I am using this file for MLOAD (Teradata), which is reading N+1 lines in the file and failing.I am not able to find new line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unankix
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

'Couldn't read file' error in bash script with expect, sed and awk!

Ok, so I have a bash script with an embedded expect statement. Inside of the expect statement, i'm trying to pull all of the non-comment lines from the /etc/oratab file one at a time. Here's my command: cat /etc/oratab |sed /^s*#/d\ | awk 'NR==1'|awk -F: '{print \"$1\"}'|. oraenv Now,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexdglover
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - sed - Remove first word from line which can begin eventually with blank

hello. How to remove first word from line. The line may or may not start with blank. NEW_PARAM1=$(magic-command " -t --protocol=TCP -P 12345-u root -h localhost ") NEW_PARAM2=$(magic-command "-t --protocol=TCP -P 12345 -u root -h localhost ") I want NEW_PARAM1 equal to NEW_PARAM2 equal ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)