Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Need a single printer driver added to CUPS Post 302345370 by RuBiCK on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 04:42:53 AM
Old 08-19-2009
Try to use generic postscript maybe it works Smilie

Driver: postscript.ppd.gz

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing printer with windows via cups and samba

I want to use my linux box as a print server for my hp printer. I downloaded the linux driver for the printer and installed it. I also configured CUPS and printed a test page with it. Samba is allowing my windows machine to see and install the printer, but when i try to print to it, nothing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
1 Replies

2. Linux

Sharing Printer Linux + XP (cups/samba)

I keep getting a access denied error when I install from the XP wizard my Linux shared printer. CUPS CONFIGURATION FILE <Location /admin> # # You definitely will want to limit access to the administration functions. # The default configuration requires a local connection from a user who #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alux
2 Replies

3. Linux

mapping of a printer model with a ppd file in CUPS

Hi all, I am currently working on building a GUI to be interfaced with CUPS 1.3.4 package; In my GUI I have a list of printer manufacturers mapped With various printer models ; and for a particular printer model selected I needed to know how to map that model with an Appropriate ppd file; as I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc3008
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how does cups recognize a new driver?

hi there, i am attempting to recognize a network printer on my red hat box. i know the IP, i have procured the correct driver, however, CUPS (nor the add printer utility) doesn't recognize the driver nor the printer type. i am assuming this has to do with the location of the driver. can anyone... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickenyon
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a ppd driver for Minolta 3100 on CUPS/Ubuntu

Hello I have a Minolta QMS Magicolor 3100 printer. A driver is available (Minolta-magicolor_3100-Postscript.ppd) for Linux, installed using foomatic, but it does not work properly. The resolution is at it's lowest and a poor quality grainy print results. The printer works fine under Windows XP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bwallum
0 Replies

6. SCO

Replace Line Printer Daemon (LPD) with CUPS

hi Howto replace Line Printer Daemon (LPD) with CUPS on SCO 5.0.6? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query for printer driver in CUPS

I have a RHEL 4 (probably not important, but whatever) machine with a few dozen network printers set up in CUPS. I would like to replicate this on a second machine. With lpinfo I'm able to get the queue name and device information (socket://ipaddress or whatnot), but I haven't get figured out... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kknigga
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Samba and Cups :: How to Hide Printer Icons

Hi, I am running Linux box with samba-3.0.33 cups-1.3.7 When I access my home folder through windows and give user credentials, it works well but shows all the printers icons as well. I would like to hide them all from users. I tried changing Browsing On to Browsing Off in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_spl
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with script to automate CUPS printer installs

Good afternoon. :) I'm rather new to bash scripting, and have probably bitten off a bit more than I can chew to be honest, but I work in a service desk-like environment where one of the main complaints is that it takes our staff a long time to set up network printers on our clients' servers.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aperfecthalo
3 Replies
PS_SET_INFO(3)								 1							    PS_SET_INFO(3)

ps_set_info - Sets information fields of document

SYNOPSIS
bool ps_set_info (resource $p, string $key, string $val) DESCRIPTION
Sets certain information fields of the document. This fields will be shown as a comment in the header of the PostScript file. If the docu- ment is converted to pdf this fields will also be used for the document information. The BoundingBox is usually set to the value given to the first page. This only works if ps_findfont(3) has not been called before. In such cases the BoundingBox would be left unset unless you set it explicitly with this function. This function will have no effect anymore when the header of the postscript file has been already written. It must be called before the first page or the first call of ps_findfont(3). PARAMETERS
o $psdoc - Resource identifier of the postscript file as returned by ps_new(3). o $key - The name of the information field to set. The values which can be set are Keywords, Subject, Title, Creator, Author, Bounding- Box, and Orientation. Be aware that some of them has a meaning to PostScript viewers. o $value - The value of the information field. The field Orientation can be set to either Portrait or Landscape. The BoundingBox is a string consisting of four numbers. The first two numbers are the coordinates of the lower left corner of the page. The last two numbers are the coordinates of the upper right corner. Note Up to version 0.2.6 of pslib, the BoundingBox and Orientation will be overwritten by ps_begin_page(3), unless ps_findfont(3) has been called before. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. SEE ALSO
ps_findfont(3), ps_begin_page(3). PHP Documentation Group PS_SET_INFO(3)