Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configuring samba in solaris x-86 Post 302345305 by naw_deepak on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 12:39:46 AM
Old 08-19-2009
Hi,

Below link guided me to make everything good.

Enabling and configuring SAMBA as shipped with Solaris 10 : As Good A Place As Any

Thanks,
Deepak

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for configuring outgoing mail in Solaris 9

G'day, I've a solaris 9 box that I want to configure so that users can send out mails to internet. How can I do it? Can someone pls list me the steps or direct me to a detailed website. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Albert J.
1 Replies

2. Solaris

tftp configuring on Solaris 5.7

Hi, I need to setup a tftp facility on a Sun server. Can someone help me urgently, i need this to be up at the earliest. Regards, Vivek :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek_scv
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring networking interfaces on Solaris 10

Hi, I am trying to configure an ip address, netmask, and default gateway on my solaris machine. For example, in Linux I would do the following command: #ifconfig eth0 xx.xx.xx.xx netmask 255.0.0.0 #add route or route add default xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx In Solaris 10, I believe the commands are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Configuring TP Ethernet in SPARCstation 5 Solaris 8

Hey. i have been trying to configure the on board Ethernet in My Sparcstation 5, i have spent a lot of time on the ifconfig man pages. but it could really be nice with some pro. help. i don't think the interface is running . i don't know what name the interface have, le0 eth0 et0, it just says no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Configuring TP Ethernet SS5 Solaris 8

Hey. how do i configure the Lance Ethernet in my SS5 i must use DHCP to get Internet access. i have tried sys-unconfig and ifconfig le0 plumb and dhcp. but no cigar. how do i configure ? i have had some problems with the /etc/hosts dir. it says it dosent exist and when i try to create it it says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on configuring LDAP server on solaris

HI All I need help to understand how the ldap works in Solaris 9 & Solaris 10. Kindly provide me some helpful commands related to LDAP Regards Jagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with configuring printer on Sun Solaris

I have tried and tried again, to get an HP 4700dn laserjet printer to work on a GI Sun Solaris BOX. I have gone through and added the Printer server and IP to the Host file in the /etc folder and also added the printer ip and printer name itself. when I go to print something the printer shows up in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kane4355
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Samba help Configuring.

I am trying to find some documentation to help me configure SAMBA on a Solaris 10 OS for File Sharing. I guess I need more help on the smb.conf file. I was able to test a small smb.conf file and testparm script works. So, I know I have installed it properly. Now looking for more guidance of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4X4R8D
2 Replies

9. SuSE

Need HELP, for configuring the samba

:wall: Anyone can help me..:wall: i'm still studying about the linux life.. so I'm still kinda confuse of using linux. Could you give me a little guide so that i can connect my SLED11 SP1(i586) to Windows server 2008.. What will i do first to that it would connect to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksmedina18
1 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)