Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: thinking on a BIOS upgrade
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat thinking on a BIOS upgrade Post 302345238 by inhaki on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 05:55:53 PM
Old 08-18-2009
MySQL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark54g
Is the memory you tried ECC? Your server requires it, I believe. Another thing is, I would test your RAM with memtest86+ and not memtest86.

Your Patriot memory is more than likely not ECC and causing your issues.
OK yes you're right I guess the server only supports ECC Ram memory.
Thank you very much for answering....
I am going now to get the right RAM card and I'll let you know how it went.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie thinking of Unix

Hey all, I am currently using XP , i want to change OS cos i hate MS and im woundering what kind of OS UNIX is? and will it run on a IMB 100% Compatible PC? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: project_glen
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have Win98/WinXp..Thinking about Unix!!

I presently have three partitions; one is win. 98(10gig) and the the other xp(10gig). While one more partition that I use as storage(of 20gig). My question is, if I decide to format/remove win. 98 and install unix...would it be possible to do so without disrupting the Winxp....and also, as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: templer
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Thinking about taking a Sun OS Cert

What are your thoughts on the Sun Certified Solaris Associate (SCSAS) certification? Is it worth the effort or should I just by pass this and go straight into the Sun Certified System Administrator (SCSA) certification? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
6 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Thinking about putting in a new hard drive

I'm thinking about putting in a new hard drive in my mac book. right now its 250 gb, i want a 750 gb hd. The hard drive I'm looking at is made by MCE Technologies. It spins at 5400 rpm. Its a SATA drive. I just wanted to know if anyone was familiar with this drive. I plan on running linux and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Thinking of career change to software development

I'm currently administering applications and unix OS. Have no IT degree, learned on the job over last 6-7 years. Have good shell scripting skills, basic perl, know some apache, mysql, sql etc. I enjoy scripting, setting up scripts to use in conjunction with databases and apache etc. I think... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies
dpt(7D) 							      Devices								   dpt(7D)

NAME
dpt - DPT ServeRAID IV SCSI host bus adapter and RAID adapter driver DESCRIPTION
The dpt driver is a driver for the DPT (Distributed Processing Technology) family of SmartRAID IV SCSI HBA and RAID adapters. The following HBA adapters are supported: PM2024, PM2044UW, PM2044W, PM2124, PM2124W, PM2144UW, and PM2144W. The following RAID adapters are supported: PM3224, PM3224W, PM3334UW, and PM3334W. PRECONFIGURATION
o DPT PM3224 only: Only EPROM 7A and later versions are supported. o DPT PM2024 and PM2124 only: Only EPROM 6D4 and later versions are supported. o Use adapters with SmartROM version 3.B or later versions only. o Be sure that the controller board is installed in a PCI bus-mastering slot. o Disable PCI parity checking if your firmware version is earlier than version 7A, if your system memory is ECC, or if your system does not check parity. Known Problems and Limitations During system boot, a message may be displayed saying a DPT controller driver cannot be installed. This message indicates that the mother- board installed in your system may contain ECC memory or may not check parity. If you see this message is displayed, disable PCI parity checking. Supported Settings o I/O Address: Auto CONFIGURATION
Auto-configuration code determines whether the adapter is present at the configured address and what types of devices are attached to it. The DPT ServeRAID is primarily used as a disk array (system drive) controller. To configure the attached disk arrays, you must configure the controller (using the configuration utilities provided by the hardware manu- facturer) before you boot the Solaris operating environment. You use the configuration utilities to set RAID levels, stripe parameters, cache mechanisms and perform other functions. For more information, see the user manual supplied with your hardware. FILES
/kernel/drv/dpt.conf dpt configuration file /dev/dsk/cndn[s|p]n block device /dev/rdsk/cndn[s|p]n raw device where: cn controller n dn LUN n (0-7) sn UNIX system slice n (0-15) pn fdisk(1M) partition(0) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fdisk(1M), attributes(5), cmdk(7D) SunOS 5.10 27 November 2000 dpt(7D)