Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Naviscore NMS Problem...Need Help, Will Pay good Post 302345213 by phxteleport on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 04:58:21 PM
Old 08-18-2009
We program all our switches out of this local SUN

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Open Source NMS

Hello there, I wanted to know the members' opinion about the best open source network management software which uses a web browser to show its interface and results. I am interested in the software for both windows and Linux OSs. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

please pay your attention on this .......

HI All, I am working on Solaris 5.9 servers.Now i want a script which collect files with format like msgs_cheux301_10Jun2008 , login_cheux301_10Jun2008 and history_cheux301_10Jun2008.tar into seperate folders with a specific name. The script will collect files with one week old and it should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Naviscore NMS for Lucent Switch Problem

We have a network of Lucent BSTDX9000 switches for fiber and wireless links in the United States and Costa Rica. I was dragging a BSTDX9000 icon in my Naviscore NMS and it disappeared. All of my trunks are still up but I can't figure out how to get the icon back. I'm screwed if something happens... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phxteleport
0 Replies
group(5)							File Formats Manual							  group(5)

Name
       group - group file

Description
       The file is an ASCII file that contains the following information for each group:

Group name
       Encrypted password
       Numerical group ID
       Comma-separated list of all users allowed in the group

Each  group name is separated from the next by a new line.  The fields are separated by colons.	If the password field is null, no password
       is demanded.

Because of the encrypted passwords, it can and does have general read permission and can be used, for example, to map numerical	group  IDs
       to names.

The  database  can be distributed in a network by a naming service, such as Yellow Pages or BIND/Hesiod.  See the Guide to the Yellow Pages
       Service or the Guide to the BIND/Hesiod Service for setup information.

Restrictions
       The command will not change the passwords.

Increasing the number of groups that a user is in beyond 8 can affect services that use SUN RPC.  The version of SUN RPC shipped with ULTRX
       V4.2  supports up to 32 groups.	Prior versions supported users being in up to 8 groups.  Users who increase the number of groups that they
       are a member of to more than 8 will not be able to NFS mount file systems from ULTRIX servers older than V4.2.  If root group membership is
       increased to more than 8 groups on a V4.2 system, the YP service may not work if that V4.2 system is in a mixed YP server environment where
       there are both V4.2 and previous releases of YP servers.  Again, this incompatibility can only occur if a user's or root's group membership
       is increased to more than 8 groups.

Files
See Also
       passwd(1), setgroups(2), crypt(3), getgrent(3), initgroups(3x), passwd(5)
       Guide to the BIND/Hesiod Service
       Guide to the Yellow Pages Service

group(5)