Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Designating Default Gateway for multiple networks/adapters Post 302345198 by mglenney on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 04:25:17 PM
Old 08-18-2009
Generally you can configure default gateway via the /etc/sysconfig/network file but I've never tried to specify a bond instead of an eth. If it works for you let me know.

In /etc/sysconfig/network:

Code:
GATEWAY=<ipaddress>
GATEWAYDEV=bond0

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Multiple networks on same server

If I have 2 interfaces in a server on the same subnet/network does Solaris automatically choose to route packets destined for this network out the first interface. I.e if ce0 and ce1 were on same network ce0 would be chosen as it's first interface? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actuator
5 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Routing trouble between multiple networks

Hi everyone, Hopefully there is someone here that can help me with the problem I got. At my office I have 1 ubuntu firewall/gateway and several networks. On the firewall/gateway I have three network cards, one for internet, one for network 192.168.100.0 and one for network 172.20.1.0 We... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thbor83
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
IPSEC_SAMEADDR(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 IPSEC_SAMEADDR(3)

NAME
ipsec_sameaddr, ipsec_addrcmp, ipsec_samesubnet, ipsec_addrinsubnet, ipsec_subnetinsubnet, ipsec_subnetishost, ipsec_samesaid, ipsec_sameaddrtype, ipsec_samesubnettype - do comparisons for addresses, subnets, SA IDs and address families SYNOPSIS
#include <libreswan.h> int sameaddr(const ip_address *a, const ip_address *b); int addrcmp(const ip_address *a, const ip_address *b); int samesubnet(const ip_subnet *a, const ip_subnet *b); int addrinsubnet(const ip_address *a, const ip_subnet *s); int subnetinsubnet(const ip_subnet *a, const ip_subnet *b); int subnetishost(const ip_subnet *s); int samesaid(const ip_said *a, const ip_said *b); int sameaddrtype(const ip_address *a, const ip_address *b); int samesubnettype(const ip_subnet *a, const ip_subnet *b); DESCRIPTION
These functions do various comparisons and tests on the ip_address type and ip_subnet types. Sameaddr returns non-zero if addresses a and b are identical, and 0 otherwise. Addresses of different families are never identical. Addrcmp returns -1, 0, or 1 respectively if address a is less than, equal to, or greater than b. If they are not of the same address fam- ily, they are never equal; the ordering reported in this case is arbitrary (and probably not useful) but consistent. Samesubnet returns non-zero if subnets a and b are identical, and 0 otherwise. Subnets of different address families are never identical. Addrinsubnet returns non-zero if address a is within subnet s and 0 otherwise. An address is never within a subnet of a different address family. Subnetinsubnet returns non-zero if subnet a is a subset of subnet b and 0 otherwise. A subnet is deemed to be a subset of itself. A sub- net is never a subset of another subnet if their address families differ. Subnetishost returns non-zero if subnet s is in fact only a single host, and 0 otherwise. Samesaid returns non-zero if SA IDs a and b are identical, and 0 otherwise. Sameaddrtype returns non-zero if addresses a and b are of the same address family, and 0 otherwise. Samesubnettype returns non-zero if subnets a and b are of the same address family, and 0 otherwise. SEE ALSO
inet(3), ipsec_initaddr(3) HISTORY
Written for the FreeS/WAN project by Henry Spencer. 28 Nov 2000 IPSEC_SAMEADDR(3)