Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output coming in different line instead of single line Post 302345147 by scripter.online on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 02:04:50 PM
Old 08-18-2009
like this ...

Code:

SQL> select * from emp where rownum=1;
     EMPNO ENAME      JOB              MGR HIREDATE           SAL       COMM
---------- ---------- --------- ---------- ----------- ---------- ----------
    DEPTNO
----------
      7521 WARD       SALESMAN        7698 22-FEB-1981       1000        500

SQL> set lines 200
SQL> /
     EMPNO ENAME      JOB              MGR HIREDATE           SAL       COMM     DEPTNO
---------- ---------- --------- ---------- ----------- ---------- ---------- ----------
      7521 WARD       SALESMAN        7698 22-FEB-1981       1000        500         30

scripter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line output to single line

Hello, How can I take the following output: outputa outputb outputc and turn it into single line ouput, with a single space between each field like below: outputa outputb outputc (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
7 Replies

2. AIX

ls command output in single line

Hi, Can anyone suggest me how can I display the output of ls command in single line with some delimiter say pipe (|)? I know it can be done by writing a script by using the loops but I wanted to know are there any other single line commands? Thanks for your help Sheshadri (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsheshadri
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

single line input to multiple line output with sed

hey gents, I'm working on something that will use snmpwalk to query the devices on my network and retreive the device name, device IP, device model and device serial. I'm using Nmap for the enumeration and sed to clean up the results for use by snmpwalk. Once i get all the data organized I'm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitch
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output to be in single line

Hi All, Small script but :wall:, please help in this regard. for i in 1 2 3 do echo $i done result : 1 2 3 I want the above to be printed as below expected result: 1 2 3 Thanks in advance :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_satyam
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multi-line output into a single line

Hello I did do a search and the past threads doesn't really solve my issue. (using various awk commands) I need to combine the output from java -version into 1 line, but I am having difficulties. When you exec java -version, you get: java version "1.5.0_06" Java(TM) 2 Runtime... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multi-line output to a single line in a group

Hi, My Oracle query is returing below o/p ---------------------------------------------------------- Ins trnas value a lkp1 x a lkp1 y b lkp1 a b lkp2 x b lkp2 y ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output to single line

Hi, I am using below command and getting below output. echo "dis ql(*) CLUSTER"|runmqsc CT.QM.ASSA10T1| egrep 'QUEUE|CLUSTER'|egrep -v 'SYSTEM|XMITQ'| sed -e 's/QUEUE(/ /g' -e 's/TYPE(QLOCAL)/ /g' -e 's/CLUSTER(/ /g' -e 's/)/ /g' output CT.CL.ALLUHUB.FLST_TO_HUB_PROV.01... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
20 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert single line output to multiple line

Hi all, I have a single line output like below echo $ips 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 want to convert above single line output as below format. Pls advice how to do ? 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 Regards Kannan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Output to file print as single line, not separate line

example of problem: when I echo "$e" >> /home/cogiz/file.txt result prints to file as:AA BB CC I need it to save to file as this:AA BB CC I know it's probably something really simple but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Cogiz (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
sggbal.f(3)							      LAPACK							       sggbal.f(3)

NAME
sggbal.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine sggbal (JOB, N, A, LDA, B, LDB, ILO, IHI, LSCALE, RSCALE, WORK, INFO) SGGBAL Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine sggbal (characterJOB, integerN, real, dimension( lda, * )A, integerLDA, real, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, integerILO, integerIHI, real, dimension( * )LSCALE, real, dimension( * )RSCALE, real, dimension( * )WORK, integerINFO) SGGBAL Purpose: SGGBAL balances a pair of general real matrices (A,B). This involves, first, permuting A and B by similarity transformations to isolate eigenvalues in the first 1 to ILO$-$1 and last IHI+1 to N elements on the diagonal; and second, applying a diagonal similarity transformation to rows and columns ILO to IHI to make the rows and columns as close in norm as possible. Both steps are optional. Balancing may reduce the 1-norm of the matrices, and improve the accuracy of the computed eigenvalues and/or eigenvectors in the generalized eigenvalue problem A*x = lambda*B*x. Parameters: JOB JOB is CHARACTER*1 Specifies the operations to be performed on A and B: = 'N': none: simply set ILO = 1, IHI = N, LSCALE(I) = 1.0 and RSCALE(I) = 1.0 for i = 1,...,N. = 'P': permute only; = 'S': scale only; = 'B': both permute and scale. N N is INTEGER The order of the matrices A and B. N >= 0. A A is REAL array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the input matrix A. On exit, A is overwritten by the balanced matrix. If JOB = 'N', A is not referenced. LDA LDA is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,N). B B is REAL array, dimension (LDB,N) On entry, the input matrix B. On exit, B is overwritten by the balanced matrix. If JOB = 'N', B is not referenced. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). ILO ILO is INTEGER IHI IHI is INTEGER ILO and IHI are set to integers such that on exit A(i,j) = 0 and B(i,j) = 0 if i > j and j = 1,...,ILO-1 or i = IHI+1,...,N. If JOB = 'N' or 'S', ILO = 1 and IHI = N. LSCALE LSCALE is REAL array, dimension (N) Details of the permutations and scaling factors applied to the left side of A and B. If P(j) is the index of the row interchanged with row j, and D(j) is the scaling factor applied to row j, then LSCALE(j) = P(j) for J = 1,...,ILO-1 = D(j) for J = ILO,...,IHI = P(j) for J = IHI+1,...,N. The order in which the interchanges are made is N to IHI+1, then 1 to ILO-1. RSCALE RSCALE is REAL array, dimension (N) Details of the permutations and scaling factors applied to the right side of A and B. If P(j) is the index of the column interchanged with column j, and D(j) is the scaling factor applied to column j, then LSCALE(j) = P(j) for J = 1,...,ILO-1 = D(j) for J = ILO,...,IHI = P(j) for J = IHI+1,...,N. The order in which the interchanges are made is N to IHI+1, then 1 to ILO-1. WORK WORK is REAL array, dimension (lwork) lwork must be at least max(1,6*N) when JOB = 'S' or 'B', and at least 1 when JOB = 'N' or 'P'. INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Further Details: See R.C. WARD, Balancing the generalized eigenvalue problem, SIAM J. Sci. Stat. Comp. 2 (1981), 141-152. Definition at line 177 of file sggbal.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 sggbal.f(3)