Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing anyone running SELinux on amazon EC2? Post 302345120 by fun_indra on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 12:43:37 PM
Old 08-18-2009
Question anyone running SELinux on amazon EC2?

Hi,
Has anyone enabled SELinux on Amazon EC2?
I tried to enable SELinux using a CentOS image, and the steps in the following post, but it didn't work!!
Amazon Web Services Developer Community : Has anyone successfully enabled SELinux ...

The steps i took:
1)I started with CentOS 5.3 base image (ami-10b55379)
2) yum install sel*
3) Everything installs correctly, however "sestatus" shows that SELinux is disabled
4) /etc/sysconfig/selinux shows enforcing mode
5) touch /.autorelabel
6) reboot

Even after reboot, "sestatus" shows that SELinux is disabled!!

Any help/suggestions in this matter is quite appreciated.

Thanks,
indra

Last edited by vbe; 08-19-2009 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: rm tags for rule compliance

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Running MySQL on Amazon EC2 with Elastic Block Store

Here is an excellent article on Running MySQL on Amazon EC2 with Elastic Block Store. Amazon Web Services Developer Connection : Running MySQL on Amazon EC2 with Elastic Block Store (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

CEP as a Service (CEPaaS) with MapReduce on Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3

Tim Bass 11-25-2008 01:02 PM Just as I was starting to worry that complex event processing community has been captured by RDBMS pirates off the coast of Somalia, I rediscovered a new core blackboard architecture component, Hadoop. Hadoop is a framework for building applications on large... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Securing code in Amazon EC2

Hi All, I am facing a problem, regarding code security on EC2. We have created an AMI which contains our code in it, and need to bind the code to the AMI so that no one can take the code out of the AMI. Are there some ways to achieve this ??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshay61286
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

A little help with seLinux

Situation: installed on Centos6.4 this samba4 package samba4-4.0.1-4.centos6.1.x86_64(wich had the path /usr/share/samba4 /var/lock/samba4,etc) I use selinux so i put in context /var/lock/samba4 -d system_u:object_r:samba_var_t:s0 /var/lock/samba4/.* -- ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies
sestatus(8)						SELinux command line documentation					       sestatus(8)

NAME
sestatus - SELinux status tool SYNOPSIS
sestatus [-v] [-b] This tool is used to get the status of a system running SELinux. DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the sestatus program. This tool is used to get the status of a system running SELinux. It displays data about whether SELinux is enabled or disabled, location of key directories, and the loaded policy with its status as shown in the example: > sestatus SELinux status: enabled SELinuxfs mount: /selinux SELinux root directory: /etc/selinux Loaded policy name: targeted Current mode: permissive Mode from config file: enforcing Policy MLS status: enabled Policy deny_unknown status: allow Max kernel policy version: 26 sestatus can also be used to display: - The security context of files and processes listed in the /etc/sestatus.conf file. The format of this file is described in ses- tatus.conf(5). - The status of booleans. OPTIONS
-v Displays the contexts of files and processes listed in the /etc/sestatus.conf file. It also checks whether the file is a symbolic link, if so then the context of the target file is also shown. The following contexts will always be displayed: The current process context The init process context The controlling terminal file context -b Display the current state of booleans. FILES
/etc/sestatus.conf AUTHOR
This man page was written by Daniel Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. The program was written by Chris PeBenito <pebenito@gentoo.org> SEE ALSO
selinux(8), sestatus.conf(5) Security Enhanced Linux 26 Nov 2011 sestatus(8)