Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script producing error, Program to calculate maximum number Post 302345118 by thegeek on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 12:39:25 PM
Old 08-18-2009
there should be space between if & [.

Code:
if[$n -gt max]

change it to ..
Code:
if [$n -gt max]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a script run for a maximum of "x" number of hours only

How to make a script run for a maximum of "x" number of hours only (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScriptDummy
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the maximum value & min value

I have a file as like below, 10:20:30.45 START 10.20.30.40 10:20:31.46 HELLO 10.20.30.40 10:20:32.46 START 10.20.30.41 10:20:33.44 END 10.20.30.40 10:20:35.44 HELLO 10.20.30.41 10:20:36.56 HELLO 10.20.30.41 10:20:37.78 HELLO 10.20.30.41 10:20:38.99 START 10.20.30.40... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gobinath
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

maximum number of arguments

Hi, What is the maximum number of arguments that could be passed to zsh ? To find out that I tried a simple script. And the maximum number of arguments that could be passed turned out to be 23394 #! /bin/zsh arg=1 i=1 subIndex=23000 while do arg=$arg" "$i i=$(($i + 1))... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls - maximum number of files

what is the maximum number ls can list down (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karnan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get positive number n as argument script must calculate the factorial of its argument

Can someone please help me with this SHELL script? I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must calculate the factorial of its argument. In other words, it must calculate n!=1x2x3x...xn. Note that 0!=1. Here is a start but I have no clue how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
3 Replies

6. AIX

aix 4.2 : using dd of=/dev/rmt0 producing error

I want to compress backup files to tape using compress on our AIX 4.2 - Our TAR does not have compression. - I do not want to use local storage to compress as most of the filesystems are pretty full. - the only compressing tool we have is 'compress' - tapes are 5Gb 8mm I am trying this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working...producing 0's and not number

Below is my script: #!/bin/sh #echo "Please type oracle-lower case please:" #read X #if ] #then # echo "Sorry that is not oracle, try again" # exit 1 #else # echo Thank you #fi find / -name oracle 2>/dev/null | while read line do bdf 2>/dev/null |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the maximum number of parameter we can pass to a shell script function?

what is the maximum number of parameter we can pass to a shell script function (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the number of days between 2 dates - bash script

I wrote the day calculator also in bash. I would like to now, that is it good so? #!/bin/bash datum1=`date -d "1991/1/1" "+%s"` datum2=`date "+%s"` diff=$(($datum2-$datum1)) days=$(($diff/(60*60*24))) echo $days Thanks in advance for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kovacsakos
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script not producing output

Hi, I have a text file with some thousands of rows of the following kind (this will be referred to as the inputFileWithColorsAndNumbers.txt): Blue 6 Red 4 Blue 3 Yellow 4 Red 7 Colors in the left column and a number in the right one for each line. I want to run an awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zooma
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)