Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Setting a variable within if block Post 302345046 by cola on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 09:38:55 AM
Old 08-18-2009
It doesn't work in ubuntu.
This is the output:
Code:
Outside 9559 9803
Inside 9559 9803
Inside 1
Output 9559 9803
Outside

Are you using AIX?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting CC variable

I am trying to install GCC-3.1.1 on an SGI Indigo2. I already have MIPSpro 7.2.1 installed. However, when I try to configure GCC-3.1.1, I get the message "cc ERROR: cc -o conftest -g failed, You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler." What is the name of the MIPSpro c++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdbanas
1 Replies

2. Programming

setting CC variable

I am trying to install GCC-3.1.1 on an SGI Indigo2. I already have MIPSpro 7.2.1 installed. However, when I try to configure GCC-3.1.1, I get the message "cc ERROR: cc -o conftest -g failed, You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler." What is the name of the MIPSpro c++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdbanas
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting a variable

I want to set a variable to be any number of dashes. Rather than doing the following: MYVAR="------------------" I'd like to be able to set the variable to, say, 80 dashes but don't want to have to count 80 dashes. Is there a way to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: photh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting PS1 variable

Hi, I am trying to set my current prompt with the current directory iam working on by $PS1=$PWD but it is blank. please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: papachi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable setting help please

L=0 cat test.sh | while read line do L='expr $1 + 1' echo $L done echo $l >>> the echo $L at the end produces 0 but i actually want it to produce the number of lines - any idea why this is happening? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: penfold
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting a variable (need syntax help)

I need some syntax help (working in a bash shell) I have a variable which is a filename with an extension, and I need to create another variable with the same name but a different extension To explain, the input file should be called something like "filename.L1" and the output file should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Slanter
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting variable

How do you set a varible with information that contains a string and also another variable? For example: subject="Attention: $name / This $type needs your attention" The $xxxx are of course other variables that I instantiated earlier. Is it like Java where you have to use double quotes and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: briskbaby
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting a variable

In my script, I have the following command.... du -sk `ls -ltd sales12|awk '{print $11}'`|awk '{print $1}' it returns the value 383283 I want to modify my script to capture that value into a variable. So, I try doing the following... var1=`du -sk `ls -ltd sales12|awk '{print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tumblez
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with setting a variable!

I am working within a while loop and i am trying to set a variable that will read out each count of the files. the problem is the count variable i have set up gives me a total and not the individual count of each file. in the data area there is 4 abc.dat and 1 def.dat. how can i do this??? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting the PS1 variable

Hi i'm new to unix, can anyone assist in me setting the PS1 variable in unix (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user@123
3 Replies
ubuntu-upload-permission(1)				      General Commands Manual				       ubuntu-upload-permission(1)

NAME
ubuntu-upload-permission - Query upload rights and (optionally) list the people and teams with upload rights for a package SYNOPSIS
ubuntu-upload-permission [options] package DESCRIPTION
ubuntu-upload-permission checks if the user has upload permissions for package. If the --list-uploaders option is provided, all the people and teams that do have upload rights for package will be listed. OPTIONS
-r RELEASE, --release=RELEASE Query permissions in RELEASE. Default: current development release. -a, --list-uploaders List all the people and teams who have upload rights for package. -t, --list-team-members List all the members of every team with rights. (Implies --list-uploaders) -h, --help Display a help message and exit EXIT STATUS
0 You have the necessary upload rights. 1 You don't have the necessary upload rights. 2 There was an error. AUTHORS
ubuntu-upload-permission and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools November 2011 ubuntu-upload-permission(1)