Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: .kshrc is not executing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting .kshrc is not executing Post 302344961 by senthil_is on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 05:38:55 AM
Old 08-18-2009
Hi Scottn,
I tested with cat and pg. i am getting in full screen i.e. 44 rows are displaying in the entire screen.
I tested with tail -f <pgm name>, last 10 lines are displaying and
i tested with tail -40 <pgm name>, this is also displaying 40 lines in the unix promt

Only vi, its displaying first 7 lines. Everytime i have to scroll down to see 8th line.

I dont find any .exrc file in my home directory.
This is new AIX Unix machine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

not able to execute .profile /.kshrc

Hi, I m new to Solaris CDE...earlier i was using Windows. Here is my problem.. i know that whatever the initial settings we need to execute,we can place them in .profile file. in my home dir (/home/venki),i have following files for that. .profile .profile.user .kshrc .kshrc.user ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venky
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

kshrc

An odd problem using .kshrc, if I run with this in my home login directory it works fine other than if I use 'man', where each word of the manual entry is on a seperate line ?. I'm using AIX 5.3 (it worked fine on 5.2). Anyone seen this before ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

.profile not reading .kshrc

Can anyone tell me why .profile would not be reading my .kshrc file? O/S is SCO 5.06? I've placed echo's before & after setting ENV and nothing ... help? Thanks! Here's .profile ================================================== : # DoubleVision Pro's digiboard call during... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell .kshrc in sunos

Hi, My login shell is c shell I have a line in .cshrc like setenv a 1000 I have a line in .profile like ENV=$HOME/.kshrc export ENV and in my .kshrc a=10 export a I wrote one korn script #!/bin/ksh echo $a (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cronjob not executing...

Hi All. I created a cronjob entry and for some reason it is not executing. The script that it is suppose to call sends me an email when it is done. When I run the job manually it executes fine. This how my cron entry looks: 00 14 * * * /home/oracle/scripts/bin/free_space/free_space.sh 2>$1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaseeb
5 Replies

6. Programming

No error but not executing

Hi friends NO errors, but when I try to execute the program it gets struck. Can any one find it out. #include<stdio.h> #include<sys/types.h> #include<sys/mman.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<fcntl.h> #include<sys/stat.h> #include<unistd.h> #include<signal.h> #include<string.h> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokult
0 Replies

7. Programming

No error but not executing

Hi friends When I compile thic program by gcc filename, it shows no error. But after that if I execute the program gets stuck. Can any one find out. #include<stdio.h> #include<sys/types.h> #include<sys/mman.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<fcntl.h> #include<sys/stat.h>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokult
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not executing

Hi, am facing some problem while inserting a record into a script Please find script below. `sqlplus -s asdf/asdf123 <<eof! set feedback off; set heading off; set verify off; insert into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ROOT is not executing

I have this script #!/bin/ksh #set -x if then while do if then date >> /export/home/Tool/checktmp.log echo "`ls -lrt / | grep tmp`" >> /export/home/Tool/checktmp.log echo "`ls -lrt / | grep tmp`" | mailx -s "/tmp permission has changed" -r a.com b.com c.com d.com ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Kshrc custom prompt will not work

So Yesterday I switched from Solus Linux to Fedora Linux 30, but I forgot to backup some of my dotfiles including kshrc. I am fairly new to Korn shell and do not know it well, but through memory I was able to at least get this. I did use code from several different source to recreate it. The only... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoomer
13 Replies
uulog(1)						      General Commands Manual							  uulog(1)

NAME
uulog - display entries in the UUCP log file. SYNOPSIS
uulog [-#] [-n lines] [-sf system] [-u user] [-DSF] [--lines lines] [--system system] [--user user] [--debuglog] [--statslog] [--follow] [--follow=system] DESCRIPTION
The uulog program can be used to display entries in the UUCP log file. It can select the entries for a particular system or a particular user. You can use it to see what has happened to your queued jobs in the past. Different options may be used to select which parts of the file to display. OPTIONS
-#, -n lines, --lines lines Here '#' is a number; e.g., `-10'. The specified number of lines is displayed from the end of the log file. The default is to dis- play the entire log file, unless the -f, -F, or --follow options are used, in which case the default is to display 10 lines. -s system, --system system Display only log entries pertaining to the specified system. -u, --user user Display only log entries pertaining to the specified user. -D --debuglog Display the debugging log file. -S, --statslog Display the statistics log file. -F, --follow Keep displaying the log file forever, printing new lines as they are appended to the log file. -f system, --follow=system Keep displaying the log file forever, displaying only log entries pertaining to the specified system. Standard UUCP options: -X type, --debug type Turn on particular debugging types. The following types are recognized: abnormal, chat, handshake, uucp-proto, proto, port, config, spooldir, execute, incoming, outgoing. --debug option may appear multiple times. A number may also be given, which will turn on that many types from the foregoing list; for example, --debug 2 is equivalent to --debug abnormal,chat. -I file, --config Set configuration file to use. -v, --version Report version information and exit. --help Print a help message and exit. SEE ALSO
uucp(1) AUTHOR
Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>. Text for this Manpage comes from Taylor UUCP, version 1.07 Info documentation. Taylor UUCP 1.07 uulog(1)