Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP UX disk io rate question
Operating Systems HP-UX HP UX disk io rate question Post 302344908 by RuBiCK on Tuesday 18th of August 2009 03:05:12 AM
Old 08-18-2009
I'm wondering if alert0919 was using 11.31 because he has c#t#d maybe cdrom and disk# (agile view adressing) and he's asking if disk# are physical disk.

alert0919, could you post our suggestions?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk formatting question

Currently I have a box that I am dual-booting Win98 & Linux on. I have an unformatted 3 gig slice that I would like to install Soloris 8 x86 on. Are there any issues I should be aware of? How close is the x86 install to the sparc install? The Linux partition will be going away but I need to reatain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. AIX

basic question about disk usage

how to i find out the disk usage on a server. say in windows examples its like C:/ D:/ and checking out the disk space. how can i find in Unix. can i just use df -k (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

ORACLE RAC ASM disk question

Perhaps someone here has some experience with this. machine os RHE 4 6 oracle 10g RAC disk is SAN attached clariion. I have presented new disks to the host, so the machine sees all needed LUNS. powermt shows them, they are labeled and i have fdisk'd them. They are visible across all RAC... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eronysis
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup disk to disk to tape question

Hi all I had started to learn how to backup disk to disk to tape method Firstly I had backup to my NAS tar czvf /MyNetworkStorge/backup.tar /home Secondly I using dd command to copy the tar to tape dd if=/MyNetworkStorge/backup.tar of=/dev/tape0 But the tape drive always hang.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijiajin
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Disk Format Question

Wondering if anyone could tell about how long it will take to perform 3 passes on a 72 GB disk? I have a Sun V240 and will have to format all 4. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buckhtr77
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help a newbie with an iostat/disk space question.

Hello, On Solaris 10, iostat -E gives me the following results: sd1 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0 Vendor: FUJITSU Product: MAY2073RCSUN72G Revision: 0501 Serial No: 0708S08M2L Size: 73.40GB <73400057856 bytes> Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lieselr
1 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

internal disk and external disk question

Hello, We are running sun solaris and it is connected to SAN storage. How do I find what are the disks are internal and what are the disks are connected to SAN? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer Rate Disk

hi guys I have a linux server which has about 5 volumes from SAN (fiber channel) now I need to measure the transfer rate between one LUN which is a Logical Volume to another LUN which is another Logical Volume. so basically this server has 5 LUNs from SAN each SAN volume is a logical volume... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Disk Mirror Question

Long time Linux, relatively new to Solaris. Currently I have a Solaris 9 machine which has a mirrored root disk. We will be running some tests on this machine, and when those tests are done we want to restore it to "pre-test" status. What I would like to do is break the mirror, pull the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianr
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on disk size and usage

Hello All, this may be a simple question but I wasn't sure how to word it to search for the answer. Have a look at the following: /dev/mapper/vgdata-lvdata 626G 594G 0 100% /data01 As you can see the disk size 626GB of which 594G is used. There's 32GB difference there but the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies
SETFDPRM(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       SETFDPRM(8)

NAME
setfdprm - sets user-provided floppy disk parameters SYNOPSIS
setfdprm [ -p ] device name setfdprm [ -p ] device size sectors heads tracks stretch gap rate spec1 fmt_gap setfdprm [ -c ] device setfdprm [ -y ] device setfdprm [ -n ] device DESCRIPTION
setfdprm is a utility that can be used to load disk parameters into the auto-detecting floppy devices, to clear old parameter sets and to disable or enable diagnostic messages. Without any options, setfdprm loads the device (usually /dev/fd0 or /dev/fd1) with a new parameter set with the name entry found in /etc/fdprm (usually named 360/360, etc.). These parameters stay in effect until the media is changed. -p device name Permanently loads a new parameter set for the specified auto-configuring floppy device for the configuration with name in /etc/fdprm. Alternatively, the parameters can be given directly from the command line. -c device Clears the parameter set of the specified auto-configuring floppy device. -y device Enables format detection messages for the specified auto-configuring floppy device. -n device Disables format detection messages for the specified auto-configuring floppy device. BUGS
This documentation is grossly incomplete. FILES
/etc/fdprm AUTHOR
Werner Almesberger (almesber@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch) Linux 0.99 20 November 1993 SETFDPRM(8)