Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Read from a config file.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read from a config file. Post 302344713 by chipcmc on Monday 17th of August 2009 11:19:17 AM
Old 08-17-2009
something like this:
Code:
JAVA_COMAND="executable_file"
cat file_config |cut -f2 -d"=" | while read line
do
        $JAVA_COMMAND $line
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Read a config file and Assign to Variable

I have removeConfig file, it contains the dir paths for removing. I need to read line by line and assign to variable. any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the variable from config file

how to read the variable from config file eg: a.cfg below config file config file which contain a=`hostname` b=250 a.sh is shell script echo "$a and $b" if i run "a.sh 1.cfg" it works but when i declare N number of variable it wont works.. can u please suggest for that ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Autosys Config file update on a read-only filer

Hi To All Genius out there, We are running autosys application on solaris 10. In autosys we have a configuration file that contains an Autosys instance configuration data and is located on a NFS filer on which we have a read-only access. Our Autosys environment is on a dual server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whn_chips_r_dwn
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Autosys Config file update on a read-only filer

Hi To All Genius out there, We are running autosys application on solaris 10. In autosys we have a configuration file that contains an Autosys instance configuration data and is located on a NFS filer on which we have a read-only access. Our Autosys environment is on a dual server mode(Active... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whn_chips_r_dwn
0 Replies

6. Programming

Read arguments from a config file in C

Hello everybody, I'm coding a program in C and i'm getting troubles with this. I need to read a config file and store the arguments into individual variables, let's say the config file looks like the following: #This is the configuration file... 192.168.0.1 A1:B1:C1:D1:E1:F1 192.168.0.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the variable indivdually from config file

how to read the variable indivdually ( line by line ) in shell script eg : i have the config file where contain cat /home/user01/ilap/conf/input.conf node.txt node2.txt node3.txt i need to run script like /home/user01/ilap/exe/run.sh /home/user01/ilap/conf/input.conf ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from config file and use it in perl program

Hi, I want to configure some values in config file like below work_dir /home/work csv_dir /home/csv sql_dir /home/sqls reportfirst yes and i want to store each value in variable to use it further in my my perl program ?? any thought on this(i am new to perl) ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Data from Config file using Perl

Hi All, Can anyone please explain me how to read data from config file in Perl. Suppose i have a config file named cfile. The data in config file is name=parth lname=mittal user=2007 hostname=fluoride username=parthmittal password=XXXXXX account=unix url=www.unix.com ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies
CALENDARSERVER_EXPORT(8)				    BSD System Manager's Manual 				  CALENDARSERVER_EXPORT(8)

NAME
calendarserver_export -- Darwin Calendar Server Export Tool SYNOPSIS
calendarserver_export [-f config_file] [-o output_file] [-c collection] [-H home] [-r record] [-u user] DESCRIPTION
calendarserver_export is a tool that generates a single iCalendar file containing all of the iCalendar components found from all specified input sources, providing server administrators a means by which to export data from the Darwin Calandar Server into a format that can be viewed and/or manipulated by other tools. Multiple input sources may be specified; the resulting iCalendar data will contain the combined data from all sources. OPTIONS
-h, --help Displays usage information -f, --config FILE Use the Calendar Server configuration specified in the given file. -o, --output FILE Write resulting iCalendar data to the given file. -c, --collection DIRECTORY Read iCalendar objects from the calendar collection at the given path. -h, --home DIRECTORY Read iCalendar objects from all calendar collections within the calendar home at the given path. -r, --record TYPE:NAME Read iCalendar objects from all calendar collections within the calendar home for the directory record of the given type with the given name. -u, --user NAME Read iCalendar objects from all calendar collections within the calendar home for the directory user with the given name. This is shorthand for -r user:NAME. FILES
/etc/caldavd/caldavd.plist The Calendar Server configuration file. /Library/CalendarServer/Documents The server's document root, which is the used as the backing store for the HTTP resources on the server. SEE ALSO
caldavd(8) STANDARDS
The iCalendar data generated by calendarserver_export is expected to comply with RFC 2445 (iCalendar). BSD
November 6, 2008 BSD